It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Requiring ID to exercise a constitutional right

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I don't think you can even rent an apartment in my state without proving who you are..
think this a battle already lost, sorry.

Yes, you have to prove who you are...but....

If I'm an undocumented Mexican, trying to rent from my Mexican cousin who is now legal, he knows who I am, and I still get to rent.

So, having to prove who you are, doesn't always result in denial of service.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: AMPTAH

you know why/ because if other people ordained and established those rules, laws, constitution then it would THEIR country not yours.

Before the United States existed, who were the Citizens of the United States?

Nobody at all, the US didnt exist. The warring tribes of Natives couldn't create a country and were raiding each other like the Huns did EurAsia. The Iroquois Nation was a loose group of tribes that grouped together for protection and trade were a model however of the states coming together as one sharing powers. My family has a few Native Americans that are currently living on a Cherokee Reservation, not my blood relative personally but an in-law. They are US Citizens BTW and are conservative in life but hate all things GOV related Dem or Rep means nothing to them. They vote for the best person in their estimation and I can't disagree with that.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: dawnstar
I don't think you can even rent an apartment in my state without proving who you are..
think this a battle already lost, sorry.

Yes, you have to prove who you are...but....

If I'm an undocumented Mexican, trying to rent from my Mexican cousin who is now legal, he knows who I am, and I still get to rent.

So, having to prove who you are, doesn't always result in denial of service.

Fair enough on getting to move in with a cousin, but that doesn't mean the "illegal" immigrant gets to vote.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
At some point our hand will be forced and we will have to make the choice between liberty and security. That is, if the govt doesn't make the choice for us.

Me? I'm rolling with Braveheart.

Free dumb.

"Freedom is just another word, for nothing left to lose" - Joplin

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Freedom is just another word, for nothing left to lose.

For example.

1. Freedom of religion

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Sorry this is just ridiculous.

Still not sure what your point is. You don't want people to have the right to choose their religion? Or you don't believe religious leaders have the right to murder their followers (they don't) or marry little girls (they also don't).

Perhaps you didn't get my point, which is that I don't like to see our contitutional rights eroded by government surveilance, paperwork, etc. I'm not sure exactly how to address the problem of voted fraud, or how widespread it is, but we had voter fraud in Florida in 2000 (if a person's name matched that of a felon, they were not allowed to vote-even with IDs) with the Diebold voting machines in 2004, etc etc.

Maybe requiring an ID would solve the problem but I doubt it. Most solutions the govt offers just make the problem worse.

edit on 28-1-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
a reply to: Miracula2

You don't want people to have the right to choose their religion?

Not if their religion is in opposition to public safety or child welfare.

Religions should be regulated by the federal government as they are in China.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join