It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA 'cuts live feed from international space station' after mysterious object appears on camera

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Looks like a Red Sprite.

This line -

Mr Craddick claims that it must be alien because "nothing human can fly that high"

tells me this guy is one of the "Man can't go into space" crowd and anything he sees is an alien.

no it does not look like a Red Sprite. Can you be more precise: what is similar about it in terms of timing , color and form?
edit on 10-2-2017 by Synchronicity11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Nice work - I agree very much with your suggestion about the sphere/ ionised gas surrounding it. Definitely looks very likely to be the best explanation so far, kudos.

ETA - wanted to include a link/ embed of the GIF on imgur.

ETA 2 - Just checked & unfortunately can't upload a GIF/ MP4, and so all I can do is include the link to the video, and highly recommend that you check it out, and also be aware of NobodiesNormal's original comment, which is that (paraphrased):

This phenomenon we are looking at is actually a black sphere, with the colours seen during the apparent 'approach/ retreat' & thought initially to be a physical part of the object, being instead a shell of ionised gas surrounding the object, which flows around the object while it ascends - a movement wholly different than was previously speculated.

GIF demonstrating true nature of phenomenon

edit on FebruarySaturday1702CST07America/Chicago-060058 by FlyInTheOintment because: per ETA

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Second video on the second posting to this thread looks like it could be the X-37B. (Hard to judge scale or distance with the footage, but some semblance of the shape is there.) Anyone know what it's orbit schedule was as compared to the ISS at that time? Not sure why it would go close, but perhaps it does payload transfer too. If it does, maybe it's not anything in the public domain so that may explain the cut feed.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
Why cut the feed if there is nothing to hide, that's what i don't get.

When did they cut the feed then? I know the header of the OP says the feed is cut but i did not see them cut the feed. You can see thew whole thing appear and disappear.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Strange... it looks like something rising up past the horizon, but they're in low earth orbit, the horizon is 2,000 miles away... that would make this object preposterously massive in size.

I was thinking the same thing. It should be the size of a small country.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
NASA always pulls these stunts. I don't think they want mass hysteria and shared psychosis due to what is likely to be quite explainable. People have danced themself to death before, please understand. We are too stupid to listen to a rational response to a visual anomaly.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wragon

You just read the header and did not watch the video did you. The feed is not cut. You can see the whole thing come and go without interruption.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

When did they cut the feed then?

according to the link in the OP the feed was cut and came back on and then 35 seconds later the object appears.

So I really don't get how the article or the OP have been titled by saying 'cut after object appears'.

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Me neither. It is almost as if they did not watch the video themselves and we see quite a few people just going by the header criticizing nasa for cutting a feed which actually did not happen and that is not helping things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join