It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Still Using His Old Android Phone. That’s Very, Very Risky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No I understand exactly your concern, and pointed out the honeypot post earlier in this thread.

If you are worried about the type of phone that Trump is using or if the information is classified or not then no you don't understand why I'm concerned.

By the way, Trump isn't computer literate enough to use this phone as hacker bait.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I am not.
I pointed out that your 'KNOWLEDEGABLE" source in the article does not even know what kind of phone he is using. They do not know what the Secret Service or trumps own personal security have done to said phone.

ps
he does not have to be
he has people for that
edit on 26/1/2017 by shooterbrody because: your edit

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Now we're concerned about cyber security and classified info...interesting, I could swear a couple months ago it was a non-issue.
edit on 26-1-2017 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
No we're concerned about cyber security and classified info...interesting, I could swear a couple months ago it was a non-issue.

ironic no?
especially when it has been pointed out several times that by no means is what he is doing illegal

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Sorry, the only response I can muster to this thread is, yes, Trump is an Android user!

He just gained a modicum of my respect.

Sorry, I feel dirty now, but he isn't an Apple whore.

I can get behind this, but then this is the only thing I can get behind regards Trump thus far, however it is true Android is vulnerable in comparison to the phone he should be using.

Can we let him keep the Android for non-presidential stuff though...yeah?

Ok, off to shower now.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Well if you'd read the article, it mentions he was using it for Twitter. Plus what you THINK he is using it for is irrelevant. What matters is what he is actually using it for, which is anyone's guess.

So first you are all running around shouting of the top of your lungs that all his tweets are dumb and now all of a sudden you are concerned for national security because you think his twitter account could potentially be hacked because he uses a android phone..

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 26 Jan 2017 14:36:54 -06001720171America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

Well if you'd read the article, it mentions he was using it for Twitter. Plus what you THINK he is using it for is irrelevant. What matters is what he is actually using it for, which is anyone's guess.

So first you are all running around shouting of the top of your lungs that all his tweets are dumb and now all of a sudden you are concerned for national security because you think his twitter account could potentially be hacked because he uses a android phone..

That is why this is not in the mud pit.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I am not.
I pointed out that your 'KNOWLEDEGABLE" source in the article does not even know what kind of phone he is using. They do not know what the Secret Service or trumps own personal security have done to said phone.

ps
he does not have to be
he has people for that

Still missing my point. The type of phone doesn't matter! The hacks are just as bad regardless of the phone he uses. The point is that it is unsecured.

And if the Secret Service gave Trump a secured phone, you can bet they did it because they couldn't secure the existing one he had.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

This thread isn't about me.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

1. you missed the post that linked the article that said he had turned over his phone to the secret service?
2. do you think the secret service would not go through his phone and make sure it is secure?
3. if the phone in question is "at risk" it is only so because the secret service wants it to appear that way

or are you questioning the skill level of the secret service?

The only reason I brought up the type of phone is because the experts in your article cant point out what kind of phone it is which makes me question if they are really experts or just looking to score political points.

And after all of this it is not illegal anyway.......
edit on 26/1/2017 by shooterbrody because: i want to know what you think of the secret services technical skill level

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Looks like some hacker's had to point out to Trump's team that his twitter and gmail accounts security aren't up to snuff.

BUSTED: Hacker reveals Donald Trump’s Twitter account linked to a private Gmail address

The most powerful Twitter account in the world was apparently linked to a private Gmail account that may or may not be protected with two-step authentication. A hacker known on Twitter as @WauchulaGhost told CNN that the president’s account was linked to a personal email account — most likely one belonging to Dan Scavino, his social media chief.

That means a hacker could potentially gain access to that Gmail account, which may have only a single layer of password protection, to ask Twitter to reset Trump’s password and then begin posting messages that could potentially move stock markets or start a nuclear war.

and an added bonus....

Spicer, the White House press secretary, has his own issues with Twitter security. Spicer apparently tweeted out a password to some type of account — it’s not clear exactly what — twice in three days this week.

edit on 26-1-2017 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

1. you missed the post that linked the article that said he had turned over his phone to the secret service?

Did you miss the part where I linked it too? That doesn't change the fact that he appears to have it again.

2. do you think the secret service would not go through his phone and make sure it is secure?

I'd hope so, but like I said they gave him a secured phone so they wouldn't have to (or because they can't).

3. if the phone in question is "at risk" it is only so because the secret service wants it to appear that way

This is a ludicrous statement and shows a severe ignorance of cyber security.

or are you questioning the skill level of the secret service?

The Secret Service hasn't weighed in on this issue yet so I'm not assuming what they have and haven't done. I can HOPE they've done things, but until we get their words I'm not going to speak for them.

The only reason I brought up the type of phone is because the experts in your article cant point out what kind of phone it is which makes me question if they are really experts or just looking to score political points.

Yes and I keep telling you that it is irrelevant information compared to the point the article is trying to get across. Also as a previous owner of an S3 and an S4, they look pretty similar.

And after all of this it is not illegal anyway.......

It isn't illegal to not run a firewall on your network either, that doesn't mean it is a good idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I am sorry you have no faith in the secret service. It is not like they haven't foiled plots before.
Please make a thread when trump actually does something that is illegal, not something that just winds you up. Or is it the android phone that you have a problem with? Are you an apple guy?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Fruit named phone manufacturer, is this you trolling again?

The dude is 70 years old.

Bet you he is like my mother and struggles with new electronic things. He probably went back to his Android phone because it is familiar and he can work it.

All that needs to happen is for Google to take an interest in it and provide custom Presidential updates for his one phone.

It would be great marketing for Android to - being able to put out there that the most powerful man on earth uses... an Android phone.
edit on 26-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Why so skeptical. I think it is bait for dip#s that contend they know better than a man who has what it takes to become president and all of the people that have trained their entire lives to handle a presidents affairs. It means if you give a # about what phone he's using and you think you know better than him and his staff what he should be doing, then you're a vain idiot and a sucker. The whole thing is done to make you look like a child and give me amusement. Get it!?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well, as long as he doesn't pull a Hillary and keep classified information on there, who cares? Seriously, could someone hacking his personal Twitter even do anything to harm his reputation?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Do you have solid evidence his phone isn't secured? I mean something tangible, not a 'may, or may not be'?

Do you have solid evidence it's the same phone? The article isn't even sure what model of phone it is, so saying it's the same phone is an unsubstantiated claim with nothing backing it up.

Sorry, but I -am- in the IT field. Have been for many years. Simply -looking- at a phone in no way gives a person any indication on what the phone is or isn't running, or if it is, or isn't secured.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join