It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s Still Using His Old Android Phone. That’s Very, Very Risky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

This is true, and also intent is subjective

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
First off, everyone is aware of the phone and him using it. Also until he starts sending or storing sensitive information on it, not a huge deal. It's both known about and being monitored as a result unlike certain other things other people have done that was given a pass by so many I'm sure will now be concerned about this.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Sure looks like you are giving him a pass on this.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wait what????
Say it ain't so joe!!!!

So after the events of the past summer; NOW this is an issue to you? Will Trumps people smash his phone with a hammer as that seems to be the traditional washington dc method of removal.

ANY of the lefts remarks about ANY cyber security will be shaded by their words and actions of last summer. The left has no high ground on this issue, and like you said "Technically it is not illegal." That was good enough for the left previously when did you become more security concerned?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

First off. This isn't the mud pit, so watch your tone (I purposely didn't post this thread there)

Second off, I'm posting something that concerns me as I see it will invite unwanted problems into the Presidency. If Trump doesn't want to adhere to policy, that is on him. But I can CERTAINLY still have a problem with him taking cyber security so lightly.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Using his old Android phone for what? I doubt he uses it to txt sensitive information.

Even so, Hillary used a Blackberry (while in China!) that was linked to her server that held top secret government info ......

and that was acceptable.
edit on b000000312017-01-26T10:43:15-06:0010America/ChicagoThu, 26 Jan 2017 10:43:15 -06001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Because he's not actually doing anything wrong. As soon as he does, let me know. You even admitted he isn't doing anything illegal already. His phone situation is not only well known at this point, is quite clearly monitored as a result.

He's not HIDING anything, being deceitful in anyway here, or hiding away information that's government property, or is supposed to be accessible to the public.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

First off. This isn't the mud pit, so watch your tone (I purposely didn't post this thread there)

Second off, I'm posting something that concerns me as I see it will invite unwanted problems into the Presidency. If Trump doesn't want to adhere to policy, that is on him. But I can CERTAINLY still have a problem with him taking cyber security so lightly.

I don't see where the poster was out of line.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

No it isn't. If it was you wouldn't have defended Hillary who did much, much worse, for far far longer.

I do, however thank you for bringing this to my attention, regardless. I will be keeping an eye out for more information on this matter. I didn't like what Hillary got away with, and this is borderline similar.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

True. But the point of me highlighting this is to try to bring to people's attention a problem WAITING to happen. Why do we have to wait until it is a problem before we fix it? Cyber security problems are VERY hard to fix and it would be INFINITELY easier for Trump to just not use that phone anymore.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I never agreed with what Hilary did. I just defended the investigation and decision that was reached regarding it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The tone is all on you. That is the thing with typed words; you are the one that attached any tone.

Glad to see you are NOW concerned with cyber security; I hope after the events of the past year the entire nation has some concerns. Because you know there are still ongoing investigations.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I'm not "NOW concerned with cyber security". Regardless of what you think about me and have assumed about my opinions I know what I care about and you don't know me. So how about we stop discussing me and focus on the topic?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Because he's not actually doing anything wrong. As soon as he does, let me know. You even admitted he isn't doing anything illegal already. His phone situation is not only well known at this point, is quite clearly monitored as a result.

He's not HIDING anything, being deceitful in anyway here, or hiding away information that's government property, or is supposed to be accessible to the public.

Well said!!
I think anyone paying attention has an increased sensitivity to cyber security, after all it is 2017. I think we all hope the mistakes of the past are not made again.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Government officials can use personal phones and email as long as it is not used for government business.

They should keep business and personal separate.
That is where Hillary failed.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think his twitter use is good. I see many under the sun thinks he should quit.

It is an outlet for him to tell his side of the story and bash the ones who are sharing fake news. He has the right to defend himself how ever he chooses. The establishment media is not his friend. If it causes butt-hurt, he's the one that's going to have to bear the repercussions.

This is the only social media the man has (as far as I can tell). Would you like to be stripped of all yours? You might really go Krazy.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Like you posted, what he is doing is not illegal so what else is there to discuss?

Are you concerned Trumps twitter will be hacked?
You do know twitter is not a formal US govt means of communications right?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

But he can use twitter from the secured phone.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I pity the fool that hacks that phone. Serious honey pot. Much trap.

Second line.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So why don't they just block his android device from accessing the White House wireless network? Did these cyber security experts forget how to do their job?

This is a non-issue. The left are just looking for reasons to put Trump in bad light.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join