It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ungrateful Chelsea Manning slams Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Ungrateful Chelsea Manning slams Obama after he commuted her sentence and calls for an 'unapologetic' liberal resistance

Former President Barack Obama may have spared intelligence leaker Chelsea Manning more than a quarter-century of jail time, but the disgraced Army private sounds less than grateful.

In her first published column since Obama commuted her 35-year sentence, Manning slammed him as a weak leader with 'few permanent accomplishments,' calling on liberals to strike a more militant posture as Republican Donald Trump takes power in the White House.

'The one simple lesson to draw from President Obama’s legacy: do not start off with a compromise,' Manning wrote for The Guardian.

'They won’t meet you in the middle. Instead, what we need is an unapologetic progressive leader.'

More...

It's like Christmas morning all over again.

Nutcase.

Here's President Trump's response:

Ironies abound.
edit on 26-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: loam
Seems if I was this person, I would count myself lucky and never be heard from in public again. Many folks are locked up serving out their sentences having done far less.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Seems if I was this person, I would count myself lucky and never be heard from in public again. Many folks are locked up serving out their sentences having done far less.

If one of the stories I heard about his/her leaks are true about people got killed and compromised all over the world then a jail sentence was to light to begin with.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Wow, way to bite the hand that feeds you, Manning.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

some people - what ever you give them - its not enough

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Wow how embarrassing for Obama and I never much liked him (never hated him either tho) I've always been on the fence about the Manning case. Its like I want to say she at least intended to do the right thing but all the tings she says/what ive heard I just cant stand her and want her to rot in prison.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
She is being a big dick about this, Obama did her a favor and she slams him. I suppose it is not appropriate to call her a big dick anymore either.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It figures the statement was written for The Guardian. Yes, that's a loaded statement on my part. How much influence is The Guardian exerting over Manning who's been depressed, isolated and suicidal and likely easily swayed? I used to like The Guardian some time ago. I thought their mainstream coverage of the loss of MH 370 was decent, then later on I began noticing a change in their "tone" and slant towards the U.S. which was echoed by certain individuals related to them.

Talk about pushing one's luck! Wow. Isn't that called looking a gift horse in the mouth as well as being self-destructive?

Can the sentence be un-commuted? President Obama stated thought was Manning's sentence was excessive in light of others having done worse and not "paid" as much.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
LMAO!!

Buy releasing "her" from prison.. "She" will have too pay for the rest of her meds and surgery all buy HERself. Kinda a F-U...LOL. oh.. you want out of prison.. okay.. here ya go.. Muhahahahahaha. No coverage.. good luck.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Dizak

Actually, she can just sign up for health insurance and get a plan that covers it. Or move to any number of countries in the world that already have proper health care and would assist with this.

But yes, of course she'd rather stay in prison in order to get all of this for free.

What an asinine comment.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Is there only 1 picture of Chelsea Manning? That horrible one that looks like a over-exposed scan of a puppet?

Releasing her enabled Julian Assange's freedom.. or something like that.
edit on 1/26/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It's done on purpose so that you associate her with something strange or weird.

The uncanny valley affect.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I clearly got the mental image connection of a 'Snap Dragon' to Chelsea.... strictly in a metaphorical sense

the released leaker/spy-for-reward perp is clearly of a worldly rational mind -- OR would have made an outrageous statement more like: 'The Forces from Beyond have caused Obama to free me....take-that-world ! '

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What an asinine comment.

~Tenth

Boo Hoo.. She does not deserve a dam thing. HE should have been shot for treason, but was jailed instead.

a reply to: tothetenthpower

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
But obama was weak leader......

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Meh, the law is the law but something real just came from manning's actions. I can't blame him for being upset at O for not changing things but that's not to say he/she doesn't have any regrets about it. Called the Govt out for its corrupt practices, get ridiculed for not liking being jailed for it. where is our moral compass?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thinks people can just move to other countries and take advantage of their health care like people do here. Lol

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So now you guys care what people think about Obama? In any case, this is being taken out of context. Chelsea's point is that Obama made a mistake in expecting that Republicans would compromise with liberals. Chelsea wants todays liberals to fight harder than Obama did and not make that same mistake. At least that is what I understood after reading the excerpt you posted in the OP. To be honest, I really don't care about her opinion anyways. Though Trump cares so I guess we all should care right?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Say what you want about her but her COURAGE AND CONVICTION are unmatched. Who else would have the balls to do this? She does but i am sure she is more than willing to lose those. Lol

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bender151

Thinks people can just move to other countries and take advantage of their health care like people do here. Lol

Yes actually, you can for example, move to Quebec in Canada, remain for 1 year and become a permanent resident with full access to Health Care.

It's just a matter of knowing how it's done.

~Tenth

top topics

<<   2 >>

join