It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we learned from Trump's first prime-time interview

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Skywatcher2011
...any signs of [Obama's] success must be disappeared from the people's mind.

That should keep him busy for all of 7 minutes. What do you propose he does for the remaining 4,204,993 minutes of his Presidency?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
POLITIFACT: Fact-checking what Donald Trump got wrong in his ABC News interview

There are many strange and surreal things that came out of the interview. I had seen clips of it around, but today I'm going deeper.

His own private reality is a really huge glaring red flag. When he told the guy that ONLY FOX NEWS is real, and everyone else is dirty and lame and retarded and lying and wrong....????? WTF!

I'd be amazed if any but a very few of you actually think that FOX news is the only true channel. If that is the case, then you are on the same team as some of my first- and second-degree family. And that just scares me.

"We're going to have extreme vetting. It's going to be very hard to come in. Right now, it's very easy to come in."

Trump is referring to the process of allowing refugees into the United States. He hasn’t specified what "extreme vetting" will look like.

While there are concerns about information gaps, it’s not necessarily "easy" to come in as a refugee. It involves multiple federal intelligence and security agencies as well as the United Nations. Refugee vetting typically takes one to two years and includes numerous rounds of security checks.

Ultimately, about half are approved, according to the State Department, and there’s no precedent of a terrorist slipping in through the refugee vetting system in the United States.

Trump also mentioned the case of the Dec. 2, 2015 shooting in San Bernardino, carried out by a husband and wife pair, that killed 14 people. The husband was born and raised in the United States, while the wife was born in Pakistan and got into America on a K-1 visa, which allows someone to enter the country in order to marry a United States citizen.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

anything that they can spin into him being Hitler, Satan and Charlie Sheen all rolled into one. Problem is it still isn't working. Everything that they used to totally shut down Ron Paul a few years back has done nothing but embolden Trump because he isn't playing by their rules and they can't stand it.

Spin him?

He answers the questions for himself. Did you not watch it?

If it 'isn't working', it's because he's not bright enough to be them - not because he's a good guy. He is doing this to himself.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Profusion

What's your opinion of Trump's first prime-time interview? From what I've read, it's been panned by Trump's critics and praised by his supporters. That seems to be par for the course for just about everything concerning Trump so far.

Unfortunately, it was the same incomprehensible, superlative laden, self-aggrandizing word salad bloviation he's known for. Lots of talking gibberish in circles to evade giving direct answers. And let's not forget the whining!

But --- but he's not a politician!

No. He's a deeply troubled narcissist.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
Trump called himself the most presidential since maybe Lincoln. If he really believes this then he is literally insane.
He does, and he is.
Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
One day, in the future, when there is more of a disconnect/distance to this era, psychologists will have a field day with this interview and the past 6 days/past 18 months.

LOL!! Yeah -- we already are.

They will think we were all insane, not just Trump. It's already fascinating but we're all so primed by the times that we can't see it for what it truly is.

It's the staying outside of it that is the challenge right now.
I'm taking notes, and making notes, and watching with horrified interest.

edit on 1/30/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Spin him? He answers the questions for himself. Did you not watch it?

You mean the one with David Muir acting like a condescending little twat to the President of the US the whole time?

Its the same as the others. Mass Hysteria over some crap the pretty people on TV have made up has been par for the course with President Trump. You have to be totally blind and willfully ignorant not to see it.

People decry him as racist, even though the man has said absolutely nothing racist. He is soooooo Anti-semetic, yet he has a Jewish son in law. He hates foreigners so much that he married one. He is supposed to be a total POS person, but he has raised some good kids so how crappy he must be to do that. I wonder how many of these high and mighty never Trumpers can say the same. The latest is this "muslim ban" that "undermines American values" and blah blah blah. Apparently these dumbasses can't or won't distinguish from immigrants that come here legally and illegally. Apparently they have ignored the epic rape/crime fest that Europe has become in the past few years due to these "refugees" because the pretty people on TV never talk about it.

If it 'isn't working', it's because he's not bright enough to be them

Did you really just say that the media is smarter than Trump? LOL looks like you haven't been paying attention either. Every kind of mud they try to throw at him does'nt stick because (like your post) there is nothing of any substance behind it.

edit on 1-2-2017 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join