It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we learned from Trump's first prime-time interview

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

He’s still miffed about coverage of inaugural crowds.

There’s no convincing him voter fraud isn’t a major issue.

Potential world reaction won’t discourage him from national security actions.

His healthcare plan is short on details, big on promises.

He appeared to consider resurrecting the use of secret overseas prisons to hold terrorism suspects, despite an aide's claims that a draft memo suggesting it wasn't from the White House.

His relationship with President Obama has come a long way.

One of my main concerns about Trump is his insistence on bringing back torture. For that reason, I'm glad to see the following.

John McCain says he will not allow Donald Trump to bring back torture

I never thought I would be siding with insane McCain on anything, but you never know what life can bring sometimes.

What's your opinion of Trump's first prime-time interview? From what I've read, it's been panned by Trump's critics and praised by his supporters. That seems to be par for the course for just about everything concerning Trump so far.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
He is a dictator. These press conferences are for the show, like Putin's. Like, I am retired on a fixed pension. But now, I have to help pay for a beautiful wall and cut my old age benefits. And no one to represent my problems anywhere in any legislative branch.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Trump is putting America first in economics and undoing all the crap Obama did. That is what I learned so far.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

What are you adding of value to this thread aside from a stupid link?

Quote something from it and make your thought known to us. No lazy-ass posts with no meat.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Until Trump isn't the only politician pushing the America first message, you probably won't see much else other than praise. On top of that he has actually been coming through with his promises unlike any other politician in my entire life. Says a lot of you ask me because I'm pushing 40.

We all know our candidate of choice will make mistakes or we won't agree with his every move. Just like this torture thing. But, if you or others are expecting us jump on this hour to hour hitpiece agenda the media has going on. Then keep on waiting.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
TRANSCRIPT: ABC News Anchor David Muir Interviews President Trump

thanks.

What an awkward read. I really feel bad for my American friends.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
He is a dictator. These press conferences are for the show, like Putin's. Like, I am retired on a fixed pension. But now, I have to help pay for a beautiful wall and cut my old age benefits. And no one to represent my problems anywhere in any legislative branch.

Haha

Are you implying Trump has the press in his pocket?
If he does he is pulling off the best double bluff in history!!!
What exactly makes you say its staged?
Was it staged when Obama and Hillary were told what the questions would be?

And how exactly are YOU paying for the wall?
Do you also have a problem paying Billions every year to facilitate illegal immigrants?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I don't agree with any of your statements.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
It took a century for the US to become a superpower. It only took 6 days to lose that status.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I love how David asks if it is bad for his credibility to tweet stuff without any evidence and then Trump claims no and start ranting about completely unrelated stuff like how he should have won the popular vote.

He sounds really really butthurt.

I wonder if this is going to be used against him how thin-skinned he sounds. He doesn't seem like he has self-control.
edit on 26-1-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

He’s still miffed about coverage of inaugural crowds.

There’s no convincing him voter fraud isn’t a major issue.

Potential world reaction won’t discourage him from national security actions.

His healthcare plan is short on details, big on promises.

He appeared to consider resurrecting the use of secret overseas prisons to hold terrorism suspects, despite an aide's claims that a draft memo suggesting it wasn't from the White House.

His relationship with President Obama has come a long way.

One of my main concerns about Trump is his insistence on bringing back torture. For that reason, I'm glad to see the following.

John McCain says he will not allow Donald Trump to bring back torture

I never thought I would be siding with insane McCain on anything, but you never know what life can bring sometimes.

What's your opinion of Trump's first prime-time interview? From what I've read, it's been panned by Trump's critics and praised by his supporters. That seems to be par for the course for just about everything concerning Trump so far.

Yeah no north vietnamese torture.

It will kill ya, Oh wait!!

Makes ya wonder what he gave up.

Just after that we lost the war.

edit on 1 26 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
David Muir was harping on about the voter fraud for the first ten minutes of the interview, not Trump.

They obviously HATE how Trump uses twitter and bypasses the stupid media completely. I sincerely hope he continues to do so. Loved how Trump continues to call them out on their obviously biased reporting.

All in all, it was just like any other interview I've ever seen here lately with Trump. They just try to get him to say something, anything that they can spin into him being Hitler, Satan and Charlie Sheen all rolled into one. Problem is it still isn't working. Everything that they used to totally shut down Ron Paul a few years back has done nothing but embolden Trump because he isn't playing by their rules and they can't stand it.

The world is truly backwards when Fox news has the most "truthiness" out of all the pretty people on TV.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
It took a century for the US to become a superpower. It only took 6 days to lose that status.

This is a great example of the lefts propaganda. Where did you steal that line from? CNN?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Oh really? When did that happen?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I don't agree with any of your statements.

Thats OK as I only made 1 statement and it was tongue in cheek.

How do you feel about my 3 or 4 questions?
edit on 26/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I did not take them serious. How I feel is not up for debate.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I did not take them serious. How I feel is not up for debate.

Wasnt debating how you feel, I was asking questions to try and understand how you felt.

Even though I thought your post was tosh I responded respectfully and gave you the benefit of the doubt by asking for clarification. I see now that what you posted was most likely the equivalent of written diarrhea and my initial assumption of tosh was probably correct.

I suggest that if in future how you feel isnt up for discussion or debate you dont post it on a discussion/debate type forum

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
He's going to ask for an investigation without any proof that that occurred but ignore the investigation showing the Russians interfered in our elections because that's a conspiracy theory and fake news.

This kind of talk from the left would terrify you guys. You'd never advocate it. You'd stamp your feet and scream lock them up.
Such hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I love how he's literally saying one thing and the opposite in a single answer:

We're gonna find out. And -- and, by the way, when I say you're gonna find out. You can never really find, [] there are gonna be lots things that we're not going to find out about.

What a master bulls****er. He's already saying they won't find what he claimed so he can retract later.
edit on 26-1-2017 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join