It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit language, symbolism, and quite possibly the best familiars. Dedicated to Hoppington RIP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I hope I'm not hopping around too much from concept to concept.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well to honor jumping, (with an added binky) on to the 3rd page It's time to start a new section...

THE 3 HARES, THE TRINITY, AND EASTER

edit on 27-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: fix vid link

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

A research team led by a British archaeologist is to travel to China in search of the origins and meaning of a mysterious ancient symbol identified in sacred sites across Britain, Europe, and the Middle and Far East.
Striking depictions of three hares joined at the ears have been found in roof bosses of medieval parish churches in Devon, 13th century Mongol metal work from Iran and cave temples from the Chinese Sui dynasty of 589-618.
Academics are intrigued at the motif's apparent prominence in Christian, Islamic and Buddhist holy contexts separated by 5,000 miles and almost 1,000 years.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I learned a bit about this in art school, then some more when esotericly digging, and then still more in the last couple days working on this thread.

It's a fun thing to draw, the concept is to draw 3 hares where if you look at just one it has 2 ears, and if you look at all 3 of them together they are sharing pairs of ears, all locking together to from a nice trinity.

The Medieval Christian used this symbol as an attempt to describe the concept of the Holy Trinity.

The first known literary reference is from A Survey of the Cathedral of St Davids published in 1717 by Browne Willis. It says: "In one key stone near the west end are three rabbits plac'd triangularly, with the backsides of their heads turn'd inwards, and so contriv'd that the three ears supply the place of six so that every head seems to have its full quota of ears. This is constantly shewn to strangers as a curiosity worth regarding."
The three hares are depicted in churches, chapels and cathedrals in France and Germany. The symbol has been found in Iran on a copper coin minted in 1281 and on a brass tray, both from the time of the Mongol Empire.
The earliest known examples of the three hares are in representations of textile canopies painted on the ceilings of Buddhist cave temples in Dunhuang, an important staging post on the Silk Road.

from the same article

edit on 27-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: changed early to medieval

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
3 rabbits - 6 ears - 12 legs

"It's a wonderful mystery. Obviously they've got to have a meaning, but we're not sure what it is. Was the symbol given a special status in a religious context? It has been found in a Christian context, Buddhist, Islamic and Jewish.
Motif in Egypt
The motif has even been found in Egypt
"We think we'll be able to show a Hindu context as well, although we've not been able to do that yet.

news.bbc.co.uk...

So our skittish little nose wrigglers have been around a long time, hopped all long the Silk Road to make it here.

Western Religion, Far Eastern, and everything in between, these guys get around,

edit on 27-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: fixed pic

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreakySteve

originally posted by: 808Funk

hey that video isn't working for me.

I'm useless on MacBook and how to I post a Youtube clip and one of my own filming my Scooby's Binky's ?

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I'm useless on MacBook and how to I post a Youtube clip and one of my own filming my Scooby's Binky's ?

you need to cut off the first part of the link and only use the video name number thing that is at the end of the youtube link

h tt ps://youtu.be/dsIWTm8kOGY
becomes
dsIWTm8kOGY

I imagine that's what happened , you won't be able to edit your post up there anymore, there' san time limit

maybe a mod will come by and fix it.

I haven't figured out a good mod summoning spell yet.
edit on 27-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
My favorite scene from my favorite Easter movie...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

you need to cut off the first part of the link and only use the video name number thing that is at the end of the youtube link

h tt ps://youtu.be/dsIWTm8kOGY
becomes
dsIWTm8kOGY

I imagine that's what happened , you won't be able to edit your post up there anymore, there' san time limit

maybe a mod will come by and fix it.

I haven't figured out a good mod summoning spell yet.

youtu.be...

Hope this helps but wanted the picture of the video on this tread.

edit on 27-1-2017 by 808Funk because: added bit

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

cGyQmH9NZcw

here ya go

Watership down!

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Speaking of RAW, T&C-25, and rabbits...

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't finished the Easter part of this thread, and I have some more bunny language stuff.

I have found something really creepy and related to moon magick

which we've already learned is directly connected to rabbit lore.

I have a weird theory about this, that there is rabbit moon magick, which Is good, and then there is serpent or dragon moon magic, which is evil.

I see a dragon in the moon when I look at it, I never saw the rabbit until it was pointed out to me.

well today I ran across a weird evil moon magick thing.

I made a new thread about it here:

Moon Man Creepy alt right mind control chaos magic

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

cGyQmH9NZcw

here ya go

Watership down!

Cheers for that, mind you it's such a sad song I go in tears thinking about my deceased pet Rabbit Scooby and I try and find the link on ATS when I posted about deceased pets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join