It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit language, symbolism, and quite possibly the best familiars. Dedicated to Hoppington RIP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
cute overload. i've had some great experiences with rabbits. i house sat one for a friend over the course of 3 months and it was a total joy. his name was buggs and he was a younger male rabbit. i had a garden at them time and I had read online that rabbits really like the leaves from broccoli plants. so one day after doing some garden work i took home a whole stack of leaves from one of my broccoli plants and man did that little bugger go nuts for them! more than anything else i tried to feed it from my garden.

it really loved those leaves something fierce! and it had never had them before so it was really something to see him eat them for the first time. over time i really began to bond with the little guy and he was SUPER affectionate with me. when I came home he would binky all over the place like a mad man in my living room. doing like almost 360s in the air swinging his little butt around. and when he calmed down he would hop over to me and start head butting my legs because he wanted me to pet his head. he was the softest thing on earth. before that i never knew rabbits could have such personality. it was heartbroken when I had to give him back to his owner. but, the owner said she'd never seen him behave like that with anyone else. and she was surprised how much the little guy was attached to me.

another friend down the street from me had a rabbit and two cats. i swear the rabbit thought it was a cat sometimes. they all got along really well and the cats never messed with the rabbit. she was sweet too, constant head butting for pets. but man did she LOVE to chew # up. she had quite the little tood some times but she was sweet.

rabbits dont get enough credit for how much personality they can have and how smart they can be.

all this talk is really making me miss my past rabbit friends.
edit on 26-1-2017 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
while working on today's installment(s)

I keep running into strange elusive rabbit like things about my research, pages and things that are ridiculously easy to find, just not being there, even to the point of Facebook software doing weird things which I will totally discuss further later.

but this only means that I'm on precisely the right path

but I felt I should warn you folks cause it might get pretty weird from here on out

also there are several comments up there that I want to reply to and I will as soon as I can, but I want to get as much of my research tyep stuff when I'm around better computers and stuff, and I can talk to everyone when I'm on a phone riding a train or bus or something

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
THE POOKA, ROBERT ANTON WILSON, AND THE ELUSIVE LEPUFOLOGY

The male character here is named Mr. Wilson

July 23rd 1973 Robert Anton Wilson says he was contacted by Aliens or the Pooka, or were the results of The Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage ritual for contacting your Holy Guardian Angel.
Here is a lecture where he starts describing his encounter.
You can jump to 6.25 if you just want the Pooka stuff

The púca (Irish for spirit/ghost), pooka, phouka, phooka, phooca, puca or púka is primarily a creature of Celtic folklore.[1] Considered to be bringers both of good and bad fortune, they could either help or hinder rural and marine communities. The creatures were said to be shape changers which could take the appearance of black horses, goats and hares. They may also take a human form, which includes various animal features, such as ears or a tail.
The púca has counterparts throughout the Celtic cultures of Northwest Europe. For instance, in Welsh mythology it is named the pwca and in Cornish theBucca.[2] In the Channel Islands, the pouque were said to be fairies who lived near ancient stones; in Channel Island French a cromlech is referred to as apouquelée or pouquelay(e); poulpiquet and polpegan are corresponding terms inBrittany.[3][4

Wikipedia

en.m.wikipedia.org...úca

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

This video is cuts of RAW talking about this experience throughout the years in various lectures and interviews
it's got some music added but it works pretty cool,

I had a hard time deciding which vid to use but didn't want to not post this

When rounding up my links and quotes this was where I first started noticing things getting weird on me,
I couldn't find a link where he just told the Pooka stuff, I knew he talks about it all the time, it's a major event in his life, and there's hundreds of short RAW vids with his quotes and stories all over the place.
And I remember I have a notes page somewhere on facebook with a lot of wilson stuff, I probably can get it there.

Where is the damn notes button? Nowhere. Doesn't exist so I do a search in FB
and a little button pops up, I click it and it goes into haywire mode like it was the ap trying to read a big map of a bunch of note pages , I can see others not and I can kind of move in all directions, so bizarre.

so I just give up on the notes and go back to finding Bob's pooka and the alien connection and Google gives me a suggestion, right at the top.

And it's a link to a Facebook note page, a weird link that doesn't work right

Intro to Lepufology - Facebook
Facebook › de-de › notes › mike-prezzato
-Robert Anton Wilson's Cosmic Trigger Volume 2. In 1973, Wilson ... Jimmy Stewart starred in the 1950 film, “ Harvey", co-starring an invisible giant rabbit called thePooka, a creature from Celtic folklore. The word ...

Intro to Lepufology

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: FreakySteve

Mostly, though I think of the player on the other side as a pookah -- a resident of Ireland, in rabbit form, who may at any time dump a truckload of the Unknown and Inexplicable right on your doorstep.

subgenius.com (transcript) - Interview w/ Robert Anton Wilson -- Is There Reason For Optimism?

Fnord! Let there be slack! RAW himself made me a pope of the subgenus on none other than Art Bell's radio show! Poor Art did not know the vastness of interests RAW has.

Just wanted to say, "Keep up the good work!"

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

(“Watching The Arrival Of The Mothership” by Mark Brumfield)

6. They arrive at the scene. Jack starts looking around and takes photos. He is shown the dead creature. He takes more photos, put gloves on, and examine the animal. He notices the size of the rabbit’s legs and that its eyes have a weird shape, but it’s nothing new for him as he had already read about those characteristics in earlier reports. He further inspects the carcass until something odd strikes him : the rabbit appears to have extra teeth. He puts the body in a bag and takes a last look at the scene before returning to the car. He fires up his laptop and starts searching for more information, until he finds what he wanted : the dental formula of the dead rabbit is different from that of most leporids found on Earth, as this one has two more incisors than normal. He feels he’s onto something, smiles, and shares his discovery with his friend.

lepufology.wordpress.com...

I'm fighting a toothache today , in fact last night me starting this thread was to get my mind of it, and at the bottom of that page I see this:

[…] spacecraft, the section makes extensive use of the rabbit theme, first introduced in “Lepufology 101,” and based on the super-rabbits’ dental formula :

you got to be kidding right, and just for the sake of even yet more irony, when I was copying that quote to paste , the random NCIS or whatever crime show that is playing, the bad guy yelled at someone that he was going to rip their tooth out

Pookas are quite clever indeed.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

By the way, RAW was an editor for Playboy.

And the next episode came on NCIS and one of the subplots is that the one detective needs a root canal and is afraid of the dentist.

she keeps touching her face at exactly the same spot where mine is.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The Lepufology Project gets its name from a composition inspired in part by “Quantum Psychology,” an excellent and highly-recommended book written by Robert Anton Wilson, or RAW as he used to call himself, and in which he coins the word “lepufology” to refer to the study of rabbit-related UFO encounters.

lepufology.wordpress.com...

It seems that the Lepufology Project is no more, broken links etc.

Sounds pretty goofy and out there, but then I came across this:

UFO follows car before breaking into the sky, large rabbit in driveway!

While driving east bound from Flagstaff, AZ to Leupp, AZ, I noticed a red light in the sky. It was approx 800 feet in the air and at first I assumed it was a helicopter because of the low flying distance. I rolled the window down to see if I could hear any type of noise; no sound was present. The time was 1:21am; and as I drove onward, the light descended and flew about 4 feet above the ground. I was able to clearly see it light the ground up red. It flew parallel to my vehicle and just about kept the same speed as my vehicle (65mph). The orb itself, was red, and emitting a red glow - darker red in the center, brighter red around the edges. It was to the left of the vehicle, approx 50 yards away. At this point I was feeling panicked, afraid and curious.

I arrived at my destination at 1:36am. As I was pulling into the driveway, my headlights shone upon a rabbit, sitting where I was about to park. I stopped within 3 feet of the rabbit, which did not move, flinch, blink, of any sort. It was very large and from the ground to the top of the head (not including the ear length) about the height of my hood (approx 37 inches tall). It's width was approx 20 inches wide and it was brown and white mixed color with no distinct pattern or spots. It's eyes were black and it was sitting upright, like that of a cat.

The ears were very stiff, long and together, and they were slanted back at an angle, like that of a jackrabbit. At this point, I began to panic, and I called a 2nd party to tell them of what I was seeing. The car remained running with the headlights on and I sat staring at this huge rabbit for about 5 minutes. After talking, I turned my engine and headlights off, and with the outside light from the house, I was able to keep eye contact with the rabbit as I exited the vehicle and proceeded to walk slowly around the rear of the vehicle and into the house, not breaking sight. The area seemed to be still and calm; I did not hear any usual night noises (bugs chirping, dogs barking, etc). Once inside, I remained on the phone until 2:12am.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
While typing in sirius to google to get some more info on the guys RAW was talking to, and spelling it incredibly wrong, The TV detective guy yells out

"Are you serious?" I stop and look up at him, he repeats it 2 more times mocking his superior.

could not find anything interesting enough so I'll just come back to that later, maybe.

Go out to the garage for a smoke and an interview on the radio was ending, the interviewer says:

Paraphrasing
" Stephen I'm going to hook you up with these guys they're really great people.
edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: typo

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: added "on the radio"

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Frank

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Almost forgot, thanks for sharing lore on the bunnies. Looking forward to more and will see what I can find. I do have to say I know of or have had ones that love to be pet.
edit on 27-1-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Louise

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Easter Bunny...

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Almost forgot, thanks for sharing lore on the bunnies. Looking forward to more and will see what I can find. I do have to say I know of or have had ones that love to be pet.

Thanks, I'm having a blast with this, and it's cool to get different things I've known about for a long time in the same place.

And for sure on the petting, watch this little guy get mad when the petting stops an demand more.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk

hey that video isn't working for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Easter Bunny...

Oh yes definitely, I have a big chunk of Easter Bunny Stuff, I guess it's just about time to get into that.

It's either Easter or thiis one other thing that I want to go into that I'll get into next

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Mostly, though I think of the player on the other side as a pookah -- a resident of Ireland, in rabbit form, who may at any time dump a truckload of the Unknown and Inexplicable right on your doorstep.

subgenius.com (transcript) - Interview w/ Robert Anton Wilson -- Is There Reason For Optimism?

Fnord! Let there be slack! RAW himself made me a pope of the subgenus on none other than Art Bell's radio show! Poor Art did not know the vastness of interests RAW has.

Just wanted to say, "Keep up the good work!"

Awesome to have your Popiness here, praise Bob

I could go on for days about RAW stuff, reality tunnels, maybe logic, through jumping Jesus singularity stuff,
probably my favorite philosopher of all time, and so relevant now a days.

combine RAW stuff with terence Mckenna novelty theory and you got a good grasp on my personal viewpoint of the universe
edit on 27-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: damn auto correct

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Buns are adorable smart and wicked.

Had a "foundling" we rescued who became a house-bun with cats. Mischief lived up to his name and ruled the home with Iron Ears. He wasn't allowed out of the basement until people came home from work and school due to his proclivity with electrical cord nomming.

Everyday he'd bounce to meet us at the door with the two cats then "binky" is way back to the basement steps thumping down them for emphasis and pop right back up like the welcome home greeting never happened.

He took absolutely no guff from the cats, altho there was plenty of two-way "excessive roughing" which when we went to alarmidly break up we were greeted with "Huh? What??!! We're PLAYING!!!"
Duh.

His very favorite thing of all time was chewing gum. Red hot cinnamon to be exact.
Altho Mum was always on us about slipping him some he never swallowed, just chewed till it lost flavor and would either spit it out or let us kids take it. Weirdest thing ever.

Like our Siamese he learned to run neighborhood dogs off. Sigh....they took on the Police Shepard down the road many times and he was an actual working patrol dog. The dog would fixate on the Siamese and miss the blue eyed silver black tipped missile of doom behind her. His mistake. Tag teaming were good times for them.

Needless to say when Monty Python came out with the killer rabbit my Mum cried like a baby.

Whoever says rabbits have no personality never had one.

Mischief had a long happy spoiled life and passed from old age, my folks quit paying the german shepards vet bills when they caught him lifting the gate latch to get into the yard.

Omg great bun stories, the cinnamon gum story is hilarious!
They already look funny when they are chewing on something they really like, if I saw one chewing gum, I'd lose it.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Every bunny seems to be loving this thread.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join