It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbit language, symbolism, and quite possibly the best familiars. Dedicated to Hoppington RIP

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
There is a creature so complex and mysterious yet so familiar and ubiquitous, that I think you will be amazed at what I would like to show you...

A creature so magical that it comes out of the magicians hat, is on the moon, and of course takes you down the rabbit hole.

Before I get too deep

I'd like to dedicate this to Hoppington
Hops and his owner were the first to teach me the rabbit language.
He jumped to the moon last week, I will miss him.

"He's very smart, he was a doctor, not that many people know that about him." paraphrasing the Muse

But enough sad stuff, because bunnies like to be happy, and when they are happy they do the first and most important word in the rabbit language, the BINKY

It seems to be this weird ripple wave that goes through the whole bun

If a bunny is really happy he will do an even bigger SUPER BINKY
which is basically a binky with another one added on top before the first is even over.

after all those binkies the little pellet factory will probably do a FLOP

They're not really as wore out as they appear, bunnies are just dramatic.

More to come.

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FreakySteve

Can't wait for the next installment.

This is different. I like it,

Cheers,

bally

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
RIP Hoppington.

I had no knowledge of the "Binkies" that rabbits do. I thought they were just twitchy lil buggers.

Also, rabbits are friggin adorable! Do they make good pets? Are they affectionate?

Thanks OP

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thank you for that. All the bunnies are cute, but that baby bunny, oh my, makes me want to run out and get me one.

Sorry about Hoppington. Sounds like he was special.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
LOl I love bunnies and their binkies.

RIP for your loss.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There may be some witchy types twitching for some familiar speak...

At one time, rabbits and hares were the animals most identified with Europe’s witches, playing the role now given to cats. Rabbits serve as witches’ familiars and messengers and were believed to be the form into which witches most frequently transform.

from

critters of the occult

They imprint on their owner, and form an extremely strong bond, this is usually a good indicator of familiar potential. I've never seen this obviously visible level of symbiosis before. Reptile type familiars can get a similar physical connecting in my experience, but it's more subtle.

They're very fragile and can die of fright or sadness.

The Rabbit and Hare have also long been associated with the Goddess and were the totem of several - the hare to Artemis and Hecate, the sacred rabbit to Aphrodite, to Holda who was accompanied by several torch-bearing hares, to Cerridwen and Freyja who both had hare attendants, and, of course, to Eostre who was said to have taken the shape of a hare at each full moon and whose Anglo-Saxon counterpart, Ostara, was often depicted with a white hare by her side. There are many more goddesses associated with or attended to by both rabbits and hares and, in such, these gentle creatures can assist us in becoming more attuned to the lunar cycle. All rabbits in general are associated with the Moon, magick, luck, love, creativity, success, sensitivity, agility, spontaneity, abundance, rebirth and, of course, fertility.

from controverscial.com

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sourcery
RIP Hoppington.

I had no knowledge of the "Binkies" that rabbits do. I thought they were just twitchy lil buggers.

Also, rabbits are friggin adorable! Do they make good pets? Are they affectionate?

Thanks OP

It depends on what kind of companion animal you are looking for. They are not a dog or cat, but can be cuddly and playful more so when handled accordingly(fragile back and legs/skiddish) and often enough. Breeds come in different sizes and various coat colors and textures, etc., as they come in personally aspects. I suggest checking out this source - House rabbit Society for a starting point.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sourcery

Thanks OP

Yes and no, they are amazing beyond believe but you have to be dedicated to them.

There are breeds that are more easy to take care of usually big fat farm type rabbits. But they won't do all the things like the smaller types.
Tthere are tons of them in shelters and I bet they don't last long there.

a bunch show up in the weeks following Easter.

They can be finicky and grumpy and out rite bastards too, chew electrical cords and all kinds of things.
They need attention all the time.
A very high maintenance pet, but there are usually a bunch to save at the pound.

thanks for the love to Hops and the interest.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the love and interest

hopefully this thread can turn out happy and awesome

and I can show it to the Muse when I see her again

BTW this is my first thread, so if it's crap I'm real sorry

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I'm sorry I don't have anything clever or informative to add - I just want to tell you how much I appreciate this thread.

It was very unexpected and refreshing to come across. Well done.

First thread hmm? Well, you've set yourself something to live up to in future

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

I'm sorry I don't have anything clever or informative to add - I just want to tell you how much I appreciate this thread.

It was very unexpected and refreshing to come across. Well done.

First thread hmm? Well, you've set yourself something to live up to in future

I have a few lined up ready to go, but I just found out about this last night, actually yesterday's last night since it's 3 am.

and I knew this would be an easy one to like, something light yet plenty of occulty type aspects for those who like to dig.

plus you know, lucky rabbits foot and stuff thanks

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Bunnies do not like to be held

even by their owner

When they are extremely relaxed you can hold them like this, but be very careful if they start to freak out put them down.

A quick easy way to tell a bunnies feelings is by their ear position.

Floppy ear bunnies have a different ear code but there are similarities.

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: minor grammar typo stuf

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Now that we've made it fairly deep into the warren, I'm going to show you something horrific,

something so blood curdling that you may not be able to process it,

you will never forget this and you will find yourself telling others this terror,

this cuddly adorable loving timid creature can make a sound that will make an impression...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I assure you that real rabbit screams are very creepy, they sound more like babies screming,

most of the videos online of rabbits screaming are awful because it's an owner torturing or a viscous snake feeding, I didn't want to put any of those in here. you can Google there are a bunch online.

Trust me it sounds human

but that brings me to the Trickster

Rabbit as a trickster is a motif seen all over Western culture. Who didn’t grow up reading about Peter Rabbit? In American folklore, we have Brer Rabbit, whose source may be trickster rabbit stories brought by African slaves5. But the natives of North America had their own trickster rabbit stories.

In some Native American lore, the rabbit is credited with killing the sun (after going on a rampage of his own) through trickery but also for bringing fire to man (a gift some tribes credit to the raven, who is another trickster animal).

suzannalinton.com...

The Trickster god is in almost every culture. Loki, Pan, Hermes, Satan,

and our inocent fuzzy friends have been connected to several of these guys.

But really the concept of a trickster god has been around almost as long as mankind itself. The idea probably evolved from the stories about the moon and sun tricking mankind or being tricked by a human hero. The moon would trick or kill the sun during a total solar eclipse. The sun would set and the cold cruel dark night would bring out all manner of predatory creatures. The moon was known as Sin to the ancient assyrians and so the sun of god would save man from Sin when it rose again from the dead. The sun and moon were worshipped as gods. God was good and the concept of evil evolved into the personification of evil, the d'evil. This devil was a trickster god

www.trickedbythelight.com...

from the same link:

Although not gods probably the most famous trickster of all Looney Tunes' Bugs Bunny was the epitome of tricksters and even his nemesis, the Coyote, was a navajo trickster god. It is important to mention that possibly one of the key attributes and purposes of the Trickster is "a tester, one who makes sure you are ready before allowing you further along the Path." One could possibly even think of Lucifer or the Devil as helping make us stronger by resisting tempation and overcoming evil much like weightlifters build their muscles by lifting weights. In one sense they can be thought of as teaching us life lessons.

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: added another quote from second link

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
The Native American lore re. the Rabbit giving fire to Mankind is very interesting.

In Greek mythology Prometheus (another trickster god) is credited with doing the same thing:

www.new-wisdom.org...

Prometheus (whose name means “forethought”) was a Titan who stole fire from the gods and gave it to man, and he also taught humans how to sacrifice to the gods, keeping the best of their sacrificial animals for themselves; these two tricks brought him into disfavor with Zeus.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I'm going to catch some zzzzzzzs but I'd like to leave you with some moon images, there are a couple of ways to see the rabbit in the moon, the lower types I have here are the alchemical rabbit from Asia and he's using a mortar and pestle. Wich I will probably get into more of after some sleep, see you soon, tons of fun guys

edit on 26-1-2017 by FreakySteve because: typo

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I offer my condolences.
RIP Hoppington

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: FreakySteve
There is a creature so complex and mysterious yet so familiar and ubiquitous, that I think you will be amazed at what I would like to show you...

A creature so magical that it comes out of the magicians hat, is on the moon, and of course takes you down the rabbit hole.

Before I get too deep

I'd like to dedicate this to Hoppington
Hops and his owner were the first to teach me the rabbit language.
He jumped to the moon last week, I will miss him.

"He's very smart, he was a doctor, not that many people know that about him." paraphrasing the Muse

But enough sad stuff, because bunnies like to be happy, and when they are happy they do the first and most important word in the rabbit language, the BINKY

It seems to be this weird ripple wave

that goes through the whole bun

If a bunny is really happy he will do an even bigger SUPER BINKY
which is basically a binky with another one added on top before the first is even over.

after all those binkies the little pellet factory will probably do a FLOP

They're not really as wore out as they appear, bunnies are just dramatic.

More to come.

I feel your pain and your joy of having such a beautiful and caring animal as I posted a thread in November about our family Rabbit Scooby who died unexpectedly and it broke all our hearts and all I wanted to know is that there is a afterlife where not only we go but our animals go as well because I so want to see him again ( as well as the other pets I have had in the past ).
Binky's are so amazing and fun to watch and will try and have about 20 recordings of him doing them which I try and work out how to put them on from picture library on my MacBook.
youtu.be...
edit on 26-1-2017 by 808Funk because: Added bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Sorry for your loss. Rabbits are special pets.

Curious thing. My GF whom the doctors said she could never get pregnant became pregnant very soon after our rabbit's departure.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Buns are adorable smart and wicked.

Had a "foundling" we rescued who became a house-bun with cats. Mischief lived up to his name and ruled the home with Iron Ears. He wasn't allowed out of the basement until people came home from work and school due to his proclivity with electrical cord nomming.

Everyday he'd bounce to meet us at the door with the two cats then "binky" is way back to the basement steps thumping down them for emphasis and pop right back up like the welcome home greeting never happened.

He took absolutely no guff from the cats, altho there was plenty of two-way "excessive roughing" which when we went to alarmidly break up we were greeted with "Huh? What??!! We're PLAYING!!!"
Duh.

His very favorite thing of all time was chewing gum. Red hot cinnamon to be exact.
Altho Mum was always on us about slipping him some he never swallowed, just chewed till it lost flavor and would either spit it out or let us kids take it. Weirdest thing ever.

Like our Siamese he learned to run neighborhood dogs off. Sigh....they took on the Police Shepard down the road many times and he was an actual working patrol dog. The dog would fixate on the Siamese and miss the blue eyed silver black tipped missile of doom behind her. His mistake. Tag teaming were good times for them.

Needless to say when Monty Python came out with the killer rabbit my Mum cried like a baby.

Whoever says rabbits have no personality never had one.

Mischief had a long happy spoiled life and passed from old age, my folks quit paying the german shepards vet bills when they caught him lifting the gate latch to get into the yard.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join