It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At the current rate Democrats have no chance of winning again for 12 years.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Dems seem to be time-locked into the morning of Nov 8th 2016, right before their world shattered. They are going to have to move on if they want to stay relevant.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It really depends on whether the Democrats choose to admit and own up to their own hypocritical racism and divisiveness. If they do push for Michelle Obama for nomination in 2020, that's a sure fire win for Trump.

They have to move back to center-left, rather than radical left, to gain back some middle american voters. I do not foresee that happening, especially not before 2024. Since the loss in November, they've only increased their divisive rhetoric, after flogging Trump for saying he'd have to see the results before he'd accept the outcome, they've refused to accept the outcome.

This will be the end of the Democrat party, you will see the rise of third party moderates / centrists in the coming years, as the Democrat left further radicalizes in it's death throes.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well the Democrats have been hyper-focused on being sensitive. I personally agree with a lot of Democrat views, even views like legalizing gay marriage. However, there have been some instances where feminists or other activists have been advocating things that are extreme. I don't remember certain examples at the moment. But I might be able to pull out a few if I think...

In my life, I have had feminists on campus spread rumors about me and harass my female friends, telling them they shouldn't hang out with me if they want to be considered a real woman. I have seen Facebook friends delete people that don't agree with their political views. A few other things like that... when Trump was running for office, the media would look for offensive things he said and paint him to be a monster because of his lack of social grace.

It is important to promote civility and freedom for all, and I think it is important to focus on helping those that aren't as well-off. Those are good issues. Putting all the effort into branding men and white folk as criminals is a bad policy to get votes. I think it might fade as a policy over time.
edit on 26pmThu, 26 Jan 2017 15:46:29 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Every violent protester needs 4 years prison time, then a bill to pay for their prison stay. How bout that?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Every violent protester needs 4 years prison time, then a bill to pay for their prison stay. How bout that?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, Trump did more on his first day than Obama did in 8 years simply by cancelling the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

Obama really is the worst leader in all of human history. I'm not a big fan of gay Muslim communists with a grudge against Western civilisation and a hard on for Islam.

Muslim terrorists commit numerous atrocities in Europe and Obama's first reaction is to stress that this is just terrorism and has nothing to do with Islam. I really would like to have a private word with Obama face to face, a real debate about this stuff and preferably with him tied down so he can't run away without engaging me and the facts. Would he still be in denial with me being ready to waterboard his ass for refusing to acknowledge facts?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

The Only Political Salvation for the Democratic Party is to Rid itself of the Now Dominate Progressive Liberals who Infest it with their Poisoned Idealogy . A Move to the " Center " with a Majority of Moderates leading the Party would be more appealing to the American People in the next 10 years IMO .

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

What did you do for these women to treat you in this way is what I wonder?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Come on, don't be a stranger.. stranger.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

On which major issues that come every election, which ones should democrats move the center on? And who would say is center?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

A grand start would be a return to civility when it comes to dealing with people that believe differently...

Basket of deplorables is a wonderful way to alienate a lot of people, not saying you but the Democrats that get on air time have a habit of using various ism words to describe people that disagree with them, and that irritates a fairly significant part of the populace.

============

Personally I think most people half left wing causes they support and right wing causes they support, neither party allows for a blend anymore... problem is democrats went full potato this election... and trump walked close enough to the middle to be appealing, if he sticks to that and manages to bring back real job growth, dems are in trouble.

Cause I am sorry folks, Trump is much closer to middle ground rather than literally hitler, if he stays there he might go down as the savior of the gop.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

So, you can't cite any specific issues for democrats to moderate on. Just bad behavior and mental issues?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Electorally they won't win again for a long time.

The private union voters are coming over to the republicans. Identity politics was a bad ploy. A large voting block in the midwest are white blue collar union workers. Democrats have decided they don't care about them.
Good luck winning without Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

What is identity politics? I see it often but not in on the true meaning.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Do you deny that ignoring and marginalizing people you need to win an election cost the democrats this time?

That simple change would probably put us back to Republicans needing to be perfect to win the oval office.

But ok.. here goes..

How about every time there is a shooting we do not knee jerk react with gun laws that would not have stopped the shooter in the first place.. A democrat staple.

How about before we legislate oil and coal out of business we actually have a replacement for them to take care of our energy needs?

thats two off the top of my head.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If they (Democrats), continue to be the party of "We're Never Wrong!", then yes, they will most likely not get back the White House anytime soon.

If Trump keeps his campaign promises, if he continues to bring jobs back to the US and in outstanding numbers, people will vote for him again, and will more than likely attract many more voters.

Democrats have a hard time accepting that they might be wrong about something. They tend to point fingers and never really look at themselves (remember: it was all W. Bush's fault!). This is going to be (and has been) a fatal error on their part.

We've been seeing it since before the election: Hillary stole the nomination from Bernie. Doing something like that was horribly wrong.......but, they just rolled over and accepted it.

They ate up every poll showing how Hillary was going to stomp Trump into the ground, because those polls could never be wrong.

They ignored groups of people they don't agree with because they think they are always wrong, and that they are right. No need to stump in states that are blue most of the time, because they know they are right.

And so they lost the election.

Now, I can understand the initial shock. If you eat up all the crap that MSM feeds you, yaaaaah, you're going to be in for a shock when the truth walks up and knocks you upside the head.

So. They lost. What was the first thing they did? Did they step back and try to figure out why they lost by looking at themselves? Did that stop and try to figure out if their strategies were wrong? Did they stop and take a look at the message they kept sending and wondering if it was the wrong message? Did they stop and wonder if maybe they were wrong about anything?

Nope. The first thing they did was insist that Trumps victory was a mistake! Because, you know, they can't be wrong. A recount is needed! Trump supporters somehow cheated!.....all of which proved to be: wrong.

Wait! They can't be wrong! It must be the system! Hillary won the popular vote! To hell with the fact we've been using the same system for over 200 years! It's WRONG! (unless we win that way.....then it's right.).

Ah HA! It was the Russians! The Russians interfered with the elections! They caused Trump to get into power! Because there is no way we could have done anything wrong during the elections! We are always right.....it has to be something else!

And of course when none of that panned out, they decided that Trump won because too many people in America are racist bigots.......kill all people that are white! Because we could NEVER be wrong about something.........

At no point have I been seeing Dems step back and take a good long hard look at themselves. Take a look at what their party has become. Who their leaders are. How they constantly assume things, and feel entitled.

They have even been told what is wrong: Stop ignoring everyone else. Stop insulting everyone that doesn't agree with you. Stop trying to punish everyone that doesn't agree with you. Stop thinking everything should be given to you.

That last sentence is important. Dems tend to go on and on about how immigrants built this country and became very successful. And they are right about that.........but what they are wrong about (which they'll never admit, because, you know, can't be wrong) is that those very immigrants they tout on about would be spitting at their shoes and walking away from them right now. Because:

They didn't have everything handed to them! They had to work their butts off to achieve what they achieved. They actually had a good sense of personal responsibility.

Here is my prediction on the 2020 election, assuming as I said, Trump doesn't screw up, keeps his promises and we get more and more jobs:

The election map will pretty much look like it did this last time. Red states will be happy. Blue states that turned red will stay red. We'll see gobs of blue where all the major mega cities are. Trump will win the EC again and do a 2nd term.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Ooooh ooooh I know one issue which would help immensely. The if you're not with us or disagree with us, you're a sexist racist homophobic bigot issue. Fixing that one by itself would go a long way to mending the bridge.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
I have seen no evidence that name calling is limited to democrats. And if I have tunnel vision I would not be asking questions.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Noted. I believe education and science can answer both those problems.

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Calling someone a crybaby which essentially is what the right does is a far cry from calling people guilty of intolerance and bigotry. One unlike the other has real social and cultural ramifications should people buy into it. Plus we've been doing the racist, sexist, bigot thing so long, we're effectively making such claims less effective as more and more people become tired of it being screamed over every little bit of BS, and in doing so are actually helping real racist and bigots by making such terms irrelevant. Plus we don't do enough about the racists and bigots on our own side of the fence, which makes us simply appear as hypocrites, which again makes any attempt by us to expose real racists, sexist, homophobic bigots that deserve the moniker fall on deaf ears. We on the left are our own worst enemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join