It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For a bunch of conspiracy theorists....

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
... we sure sound like political hacks. I am so sick of it. I used to enjoy 'political season' with a huge grin, a cheeseburger, and snicker as the masses chased after this and that. This post is about the mainstream media (something I thought we as a community were called to scrutinize by nature) and their representation of this news cycle. In specific, this post I will discuss my disgust in the anti-Trump rhetoric especially when it has hit heights to insanity. When I see something wrong with the man’s actions, I will be among the first to criticize him. Let's get that straight. There's 6 companies controlling all the mainstream, and alternative news spins agendas. "Alternative facts" and "Fake news" has been around since the media at inception. This isn't new, but watching this news cycle it is obvious which candidate they favored and the lengths they went to discredit the opposition. So I have compiled here a short laundry list of crap (yes CRAP) the MSM is feeding you and I see gobbled up all over this site.

- The claim: RUSSIA RIGGED THE ELECTION
- The implications: Trump is/will be a puppet president to Putin.
- The reality: There is some evidence that Russia may have been involved in hacking the DNC computers, however the public information makes it difficult to ascertain to what extent. You all remember this? The times the right was mocked for warning about Russia? Now suddenly, Russia has become a talking point because RUSSIA RIGGED THE ELECTION, but not really? The fact is we don't know if Russia hacked into the DNC servers or to what extent if they did. The FBI wasn't allowed near them. If they did they surely did not hack into the voting machines and rig the election. Assange states it wasn't Russia at all. McAffe states it wan't Russia either. Craig Murray states it still wasn't Russia. But hey given the benefit of the doubt even if Russia did it there's two things the MSM is ignoring 1) If Russia did hack, there's no way to link that to Trump. 2) If Russia did hack, you're shooting the messenger.

- The claim: RUSSIA HACKED THE POWER GRID
- The implications: Russians, who helped Trump get elected, will KILL US ALL DOOM!!!!
- The reality: 3 year old Malware was found on a laptop that wasn't connected to any network system in a power company in Vermont that can not be tied to the Russians or Trump.

- The claim: RUSSIA HAS VIDEO OF TRUMP AND GOLDEN SHOWERS!
- The implications: Russia will be able to control Trump through blackmail solidifying that Trump is a puppet for Putin.
- The reality: An unverified error riddled report was pandered to Buzzfeed (the same publication which helps you determine what type of potato you are) and though used the word 'alleged' basically tried to pass this story off as real news. (Hint: it wasn't.)

- The claim: Trump and Putin are close friends
- The implications: That Trump is colluding with Putin and will sell out the American People to Russia
- The reality: Trump and Putin aren't friends, but the media would like you to think that. They are world leaders who are forced to work together or against each other.

- The claim: Fake News ... I mean Alternative Facts won Trump the election!
- The implication: Only trust news from reputible sources. They're never wrong and never ever would lie to you. Trust us.. Other news sources are dangerous. The media will filter for you.
- The reality: Come on guys. Really? I can't even begin to link to you how dangerous this is. We, as a community, can recognize this as propaganda, I'd hope. Here goes. Six companies control the media in this country and feed it to the mass population to control the narrative. Alternative news, and citizen journalism have flaws. They usually carry bias also. It is up to YOU to be a consumer of information and look at both sides and check facts. Do not eat what you're fed.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
- The claim: Hate crimes plague the nation after the election.
- The implication: Back are the days of Jim Crow, racism, sexism, allotherism. America is doomed to be 4 years of bigotry and intolerance. It's Trump's fault.
- The reality: After the election reports of hate crimes soared. People were afraid. Trump disavowed this. Reports of the 'hate crime spike' fell drastically to lower than pre-election levels , and many reports returned unsubstantiated or outright fraudulent.

- The claim: Trump made fun of a disabled reporter.
- The implication: That Trump holds disdain for the disabled. They're all gonna die under a Trump administration!
- The reality: How many times does this have to be debunked? Was it in poor taste? Probably, but I firmly believe this is how Trump speaks. Admittedly like a lunatic half the time. Here's a list of things Trump has done for the disabled.

- The claim: "Grab them by the p***y!"
- The implication: Trump is a sexist, molests kids, and hates women.
- The reality: Trump did claim that when women were around him they let him do anything, he could literally walk up and grab them in their nethers. This is disgusting, and Trump only halfheartedly apologized. He said this 11 years ago. All other lawsuits and allegations and false claims have been recanted. Again. Magically. Is Trump a misogynist? In my opinion, yes; however, media still blew this event way out of proportion.

- The claim: Trump supporters are violent.
- The implication: That those who support Trump are violent and intolerant.
- The reality: The nation is divided and both sides are equally capable of violence.

- The claim: Trump must abuse Melania. #freemelania!
- The implications: Trump and Melania are in a loveless relationship where Trump dominates and must domestically abuse Melania.
- The reality: Trump was seen in a very zoomed in video of a few seconds seeming to admonish Melania who then turns her eyes downcast and seems withdrawn, when in reality Trump was lecturing his 10 year old son Barron Trump and a prayer started so all people stopped and turned their eyes downward. Watch the video..

- The claim: Trump nominated a racist / homophobic Jeff Sessions as US Attorney General.
- The implications: Trump and his entire cabinet are racist / homophobic.
- The reality: The best video about this topic I've seen is here: video. This is the speech he gave for Rosa Parks. Jeff Sessions has fought against the KKK, was the person who rallied behind Rosa Parks, and holds a questionable record in regards to the gay community.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So that said - My biased dog in this fight: Each of us bring to the table unique perspectives and biases to information. Here's mine I was an independent and a huge Bernie supporter, went to the DNC county caucus in NV, and even had one of my best friends who was a delegate at the state level record the absurdity which was Nevada state’s process of not letting Bernie delegates into vote, and quite literally stealing the state’s nomination of Bernie. Later, as the horror show that was one of the worst campaigns ever conducted I watched the Hillary camp implode. Being told over and over that items like the TPP and ACA were ‘good for my family’ and then backpedal on both and be told public and private could be different, for Clinton anyway. I could see the insanity of the left the further and further the election cycle ran on. I learned of the DNC’s collusion with the media and DOJ was worse than I expected. I saw instances with Hillary which were “Are you going to believe the mainstream media or your own lying eyes?”. Scandal rocked as her aides, their spouses, and foundation, were called into federal investigations and kept classified information on their personal computers. That because I share genitalia with someone I should ally with them? That because it was Hillary’s turn and it was her right, as if it were some demented monarchy? I watched pre-packaged bite-sized ‘convenient for your consumption’ snips from the media assaulted the nation with epitaphs such as it being "illegal" for you to investigate Wikileaks on your own, the media must do it for you.” I didn't end up voting for Trump because I am prejudice, sexist, homophobic, isolationist, low-information, mouth-breathing, apologist, gun-loving, idiotic, Russian spy. I voted for Donald Trump because the DNC produced an inferior candidate. I held my nose, and with great trepidation clicked the box that held his name because I felt, despite his glaring flaws, he was the superior candidate. I watched on in concern that not only the executive branch, but legislative and judicial were placed under a single party’s control which is bad news for -either- side to wield. I stared in awe as county after county made that same difficult choice. The people have overwhelmingly shifted to a more 'right wing' opinion.

edit on 1 25 17 by KaDeCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Oh I hear the keyboards tip-tapping away already. So. These aren't 'excuses' for Trump's behavior. Because in the heart of it, I don’t care. What I do care about is each of these ‘stories’ and ‘facts’ are evidences the Media has and will continue to try to take the minds of people in this nation. I simply picked a Trumpian stance to get your attention . Do I have it?

Folks, they have an agenda. It doesn't matter what does, he's going to be crucified in the realm of public opinion. They’re going to sling mud, and people will scream about how right and wrong, fake or real it is. And in truth, this is a non-issue. All of what I mentioned is a NON ISSUE. That’s right. Every ounce of effort I’ve put into this to satisfy the “WHERE’S YOUR CITATIONS” I’ve poured into this post DOES NOT MATTER. We’ve moved from considering a person’s critical thinking skills to making them verify how well they can Google.

The Media Lies.

THIS is what my rant is about. This is a conspiracy theory website. This isn't a political website. We are, at our core, meant to be skeptical of the crap that BOTH sides ram down our throat. We all know it! We ALL know it. What we see and hear MUST be taken with a lens of that heavy skepticism. We should be exposing the horrid behavior of the media which wants us dumb. Which colludes with the PTB that want to control not only what we see and hear but what we think. They have this community, which is based on mutual understanding that the world is more than what is being presented to us, fighting over Donny Tinyhands the Spraytan man by allowing us to buy into the world that is being presented to us.

I joined this website to learn about conspiracies, how the NWO operates, aliens, crop circles, government death rays, weather manipulation, above top secret government files, connections to lizard people, hollow earth, flat earth, moon holographic projection, alien visitation, supernatural occurrences, government testing, GMOs, clones, human mutation, mind-control, false moon landings, and every wonderful debate that refutes every single one of those points. I joined for the fact-checkers, the free thinkers. NOT about Donald Trump. Unless he’s an alien ghost NWO agent who comes from the hollow moon… - I jest. But we have lost our way. Can we PLEASE get back to what the site is about now, instead of being distracted by this nonsense?

edit on 1 26 17 by KaDeCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo
There are plenty of posts about traditional conspiracy theories. I read them here daily. I only chime in on ones I have knowledge about, otherwise I will only be starring and flagging.

In regard to Trump, well he is probably the newest and biggest conspiracy theory to ever appear.

Of course people talk about him.

You can always avoid the threads.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to compile this into easy-to-understand format, although I don't think it will be easy for some people.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There is a distinct difference between him being a conspiracy theory and the posts that flood the front page. I have seen so many of your replies which give critical thought being smacked down like you're in a mud-wrestling site. Every story I posted in this tread was considered 'front page' material and most simply isn't worth the digital paper it was printed on. It is very difficult to get away from, and locate the points of discussion that I mentioned when you can, yourself, look back on the last year and see that this community has become a Donald Trump comment grounds. It is above top frustrating.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The need to stop Hilary and and the islamification of America was paramount.

It was a battle to stop the U.S. from being taken over (even more than it already was) by pure evil.

Maybe 4 or 5 presidential elections back,we could just be like "whatever-it doesn't matter who is elected.I can just take a middle of the road stance on the whole thing."

Over the past 5 years (until Trump was elected) I was actually hoping that immigration would make a mistake and deport my *ss back to Japan.I saw very little hope that there could be any chance for the U.S. to avoid becoming Europe (with their rapefugees).I saw our rights eroding almost daily-while our govt. was basically kissing the rears of the illegal aliens.

Hilary would have been the final nail in the nation's coffin.

(btw-seeing those cops in Portland slam those idiot liberals that were blocking traffic was just beautiful.Can't wait to see the same happen to the BLM terrorists)
edit on 25-1-2017 by angryproctologist because: oops

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I merely skimmed, but great thread. S&F. This is what should be expected on this site not the one liners or single paragraphs that seem rather common.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

*Slow Clap*

Thank you for putting this so eloquently. I couldn't have said it better myself. I first discovered this site while I was an avid reader of another alternative site.

Once I got a little more savvy, I would follow the links at the end of articles like I liked.

That website, which is not a forum, Linked to ATS threads as it's source. So I figured, I must check out this ats thing.

It's only been 4 or 5 years that I've been here lurking/posting, but in that time I have learned so much from all the wonderful members we have here. (Even the non-wonderful members)!

I hope we can get back to being that ats. Where alternative sites will create an article based on what is presented here, and cite a thread as it's source because it has been well thought out and researched.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Very well done OP. I wish I could applaud you. It is kind of sad to open the "New" forum everyday and just see Trump Trump Trump in most of the headings. Most of it all regurgitated news from basically the outlets you mentioned with a few odd balls thrown in. Personally I just stay out of them. It has been good for my back reading of some of the older members that have presented some fine post over the years.
Thanks for your heart felt post, it is a good one.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sourcery

HA! You can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave amirite?

This sentiment, which you expressed, is exactly what I'm talking about. We came here for the content, stayed for the members. I want to get back to the more interesting things this site has aside having to dredge forum after forum to find the nuggets of gold.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I scroll down the new posts page and all I see is Trump Trump Trump.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

For someone whose signature line is "Morality is like art. Somewhere you have to draw a line." you seem fundamentally incapable of understanding morality. The precise problem that people have with Mr Trump, is that he is an amoral, misogynistic, grubby billionaire, who got where he is today by being prepared to screw over everyone except himself. This is not a person you want as president, as his first executive actions ought to inform you. No matter what the media might say about him, either the faux left, or the alt right, the man IS every bit as bad as his detractors make out, and must NEVER be given the slightest respect, until he behaves in a way which is fundamentally benevolent, as opposed to what he is doing now, which is tantamount to filling out the Fascism Bingo card, block by bloody block.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I did not miss the point.

I simply refute it entirely and believe it is based in the most witless lack of foresight.

In time to come, it is very possible that people will look back on this period, and say "What were the conspiracy theorists doing during this whole mess? Did they see the writing on the wall or not? Did they look into him at all, didn't anyone see the rotten bastard for what he was before it all got out of control?"

Well, which would you like it to be? Documenting and discussing current events, geopolitics, moves and shakes in economies, AND the things you want to see more of on this site, are ALL part of our purpose as members here. No one is preventing you from making whatever thread you want, but the issues which pertain to current, overt government, NEED discussing, and will continue to be discussed, regardless of how much they are or are not to your taste, and SHOULD be.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You truly do not know the man nor what is going on nor America, but yes he is a fascist...because you don't like him.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Theres the implication that the Russians have video of him engaging in perverse sexual acts. We also know that Trump has flown on Jeffrey Epstein's pedophile airlines.

But the hold that the Russians have on Trump is financial in nature.

Trump has been traveling to Moscow for decades apparently courtesy of the Russian government.

And Trump Jr. has said that the Russians own quite a bit of Trump Industries.

And in terms of high-end product influx into the US, Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets; say in Dubai, and certainly with our project in SoHo and anywhere in New York. We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.

So there does seem to be an inherent conflict of interest. I think it can be argued that the Russians essentially own Trump.

Everyone should have a problem with this, not just the Left.

The claims against Sessions would seem to indicated that he is a racist.

Apparently the KKK wasnt so bad until he learned that they smoked pot, a White lawyer was a Race traitor for representing a Black guy, he referred to a Black lawyer as "boy", used the "n" word routinely etc.

But even more disturbing IMHO is Trump appointing a CIA Chief who wants more illegal spying:

Trump's nominee to head CIA called for massive expansion of the Surveillance State.

You mention Trump's handicapped incident and you acknowledge that Trump speaks like a "lunatic". He may not hate the disabled but hes just a clown of a person, an immature child in an old man's body.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
And yet all I have to do is go from front page to the individual forums and within 15 seconds I have all the conspiracies I can chew on. There is no doubt that both pro-Trump and anti-Trump has taken massive part of the forum. It's a polarizing issue without question. and yes the front page is either all pro-Trump or anti-Trump or some mix.

Yet you only need to do two extra clicks and you can read all about aliens, NWO, etc, etc. It isn't ATS' fault that you does not want to see what you want to see.

It's cliche and overdone, but once again....you do NOT have to read the Trump stuff no matter how much it is out there.

As far as what ATS is, it was started as a conspiracy site and has organically grown to include politics. Besides, isn't the possibility of Trump being owned by Russia or Russia trying to sway the election a conspiracy?'

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I agree, something needs to be updated (new matrix) for ATS Live. It's been my go to for years of entertainment and learning new topics, or new stuff on old topics.
I'm going to it less and less because the political mess. I can't imagine how bad it is for someone outside of the U.S.
Trump won, give him a chance. I had to give Obama 8 years, you'll live.
Bring back the Myans, doom comets, aliens, super volcanoes, and deep web curtain calls.
If you hate him, you're giving him exactly what he wants, 24/7 Trump talk.

new topics

top topics

join