It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA vs. Iran+N.Korea at same time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
2 front war. What could happen? Would we win? any possible scenarios very general right now just want some feed back

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
ive had enough with these freaking military deals where the US takes on a # load of countries at once. enough already, thers like one of these a week!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The United States Government has painted itself into a very dangerous corner. The politicians, mainly Bush and Cheney have spent the last few years talking a big game and making all sorts of threats against the two governments of Iran and North Korea, two governments who already hated us before these guys started antagonizing them. The reality is that we can no longer ignore them because they have grown to be forces to reckon with. If we ignore them, they will only get more dangerous. If we confront them, we are going to open a huge hornet's nest that will make Iraq look like a day at the beach. Bush needs to be VERY careful in this area and choose his words wisely. I feel that we could find a diplomatic solution through a lot of negotiations and some swallowing of our pride. However, should the situation deteriorate into hostilities, it could mark the beginning of WW3. It's no secret that Russia would jump in on Iran's side because of the lucrative business relationship between the two. Likewise, China would probably side with North Korea in any conflict because of basic regional and ethnic loyalty. This would not be pretty. I think Bush needs to realize that the elections are over and it's time to stop campaigning and get back to reality and quit making idle threats. We can get along with even our worst enemies for the sake of the bigger picture if we only try.

Small aside: Who gave us(The US GOVERNMENT) the power to decide who gets what kind of weapos and how they use such weapons? I don't recall any time in history when one country was ever so arrogant in dictating the behavior of other nations.

By the way, I did vote for Bush, but only because he seemed to be the less dangerous of two dangerous candidates.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
A war on two fronts is dangerous and usually fails, as Hitler discovered during WW2.

You also need the backing of the people. After Dubya's failure to discover WMD's in Iraq, almost half of the US are against any further incursions in the Middle East. Add to that the fact that few countries outside the US would be willing to follow him into Iran, N Korea or Syria. Even the British Foreign Secretary informed Condoleeza Rice that Britain would not be involved in a US/Iran war. If even Blair is unwilling, there's little chance any other country would agree to it.

new topics

top topics

join