It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuncinich and Gabbard meet with Assad, conclude US regime change war is disaster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I was watching Tucker Carlsons show, which I really like. On it, they had a Fox reporter interview Dennis Kucinich about a secret trip that he and Hawaii Rep Tulsi Gabbard just had to visit Assad in Syria.

He said he was amazed that he learned how all of these jihadists from the surrounding areas had swarmed Syria and were seeking to destroy it. He said these terrorists were destroying mosques and killing innocents to destabilize Assad and his regime, and Assad was trying to fight them off. He shrugged f questions about Assad being a war criminal and said that we need to work with Iran, Russia and Assad to kick these terrorists out, and let the people of Syria decide who their leader should be.

This is amazing and what I have thought all along. Remember, in the third debate, Trump went against what Pence had said in the VP debate and said that we should not be arming these terrorists and our goal should be getting rid of groups like ISIS, not fighting Assad.

But the war mongers on both Democrats and Republicans insist on regime change as always, and insist on conflict with Russia.

Now here is an article about Gabbards comments about the trip, who agreed with Kucinich.

"My visit to Syria has made it abundantly clear," Gabbard said. "Our counterproductive regime change war does not serve America's interest, and it certainly isn't in the interest of the Syrian people."

Gabbard said the House Ethics Committee approved her trip, as required by House rules, and taxpayers didn't foot the bill.

Other members of the delegation that traveled with her included former Ohio congressman Dennis Kucinich and Gabbard's husband, Abraham Williams.

Gabbard, a major in the Army National Guard, met last November with Donald Trump shortly after the presidential election. She backed Sen. Bernie Sanders, a Vermont independent.

She said at the time that she took the meeting with Trump over concern that a wing of the Republican Party known as the neocons would grow in influence once Trump took office. She feared that could push the U.S. more deeply into Syria, which could lead to a direct conflict with Russia.

www.newspressnow.com...
Lets hope that Gabbard and Kucinich have Trumps ear.

I wonder how long it will take for the mainstream media and people on the left (and even neocons on the right) that Kucinich and Gabbard to be declared Russian assets.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

From what I understand of them, the most trustworthy democrats

link   
Bashar Al Assad is a heinous man.

But his opponents are also very heinous.

It's a disaster.
I pray for Syria 🇸🇾 everyday.

link   

If the blatant disregard for elected officials in this country is any indication on where what the establishment will do to see their pet in charge, I fear for our foreign policy. HRC and her ilk clearly wanted Asaad gone and install someone that would play ball. Nation building through proxy wars and destabilization of established governments through force is bound to catch up with us. IMO it will not matter who is sitting at the helm of the state department, they will face some tough decisions.

I find it very courageous for those two to take it upon themselves to visit Syria to see for themselves. It's a nasty and dangerous game that is being played on the world stage and U.S. Leaders have amassed a serious amount of blood on their hands.

Biggest question is, where do we go from here? We've had a massive regime change here in the states, is it even possible to mend the tear?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't like the politics of Kucinich (my former congressman) or Gabbard (beautiful Iraq vet), but I've never felt like they were anti-American, as I do with a lot of dems (and establishment repubs). And I tend to agree with them on this issue, thankfully Obama's desire to get us into a war in Syria "bombed" badly.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Gabbard and Trump share the same brand of dead political views. They're both old-school Democrats.

I don't know if there are more than the two of them left out there, but their numbers aren't enough to fend off the NWO entities who have permeated both of the 'mainstream' political parties.

Trump is not a threat ... and neither is Gabbard. The TEA Party was a threat. And, that's why both halves (Progressives/NeoCons) came together to destroy it. Nothing like a group of folks who can march through D.C. and open up parks the President ordered closed (out of spite). And that whole business with Lois Lerner ... another clever distraction. She needs to swing with Hillary.

ETA: And as for Syria ... what's the whole business about Syria anyway. It's about getting the Russian oil pipeline into Europe. As long as you don't lose sight of that, you can see what matters and what is a distraction in the region.
edit on 2512017 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If it can be done then Trump and Putin are the two to make it happen .Russia has been very patience and diplomatic . They have finally got armed rebel groups to sit at the peace talks to work out a peaceful solution .All without the US helping to do so . Imagine what the two countries could do working together .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

If the blatant disregard for elected officials in this country is any indication on where what the establishment will do to see their pet in charge, I fear for our foreign policy. HRC and her ilk clearly wanted Asaad gone and install someone that would play ball. Nation building through proxy wars and destabilization of established governments through force is bound to catch up with us. IMO it will not matter who is sitting at the helm of the state department, they will face some tough decisions.

I find it very courageous for those two to take it upon themselves to visit Syria to see for themselves. It's a nasty and dangerous game that is being played on the world stage and U.S. Leaders have amassed a serious amount of blood on their hands.

Biggest question is, where do we go from here? We've had a massive regime change here in the states, is it even possible to mend the tear?

This is the reason I was for Trump (and Sanders) I was against the Iraq war. I was in college and in the in crowd of protesting war. And then something happened. Obama won, and the war mongering continued. I am not talking about fighting terrorism. I am for the destruction of ISIS. But these damn regime change wars like Syria and Libya. Every time they leave a vacuum that makes the situation worse.

And where were all of my hip anti war friends? Oh, they were cool with Obama doing it. Its one of the big reasons I can't stand many on the lefts moral superiority. Im gonna listen to Obama lecture me on inclusiveness while he is overthrowing the leader of Libya by funding terrorists? BS!

Trump is rocking the boat. The establishment on both sides hate him, and their number one issue is more war mongering. That is why we see the hysteria about Russia. The confirmation hearing of Tillerson where Rubio was basically begging Tillerson to call Putin a war criminal is evidence of this.

I hope Trump keeps up the good fight, and even though I disagree with many of the policies of Gabbard and Kucinich, I think they are brave, noble people for also being willing to go against the establishment narrative.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JinMI

This is the reason I was for Trump (and Sanders) I was against the Iraq war. I was in college and in the in crowd of protesting war. And then something happened. Obama won, and the war mongering continued. I am not talking about fighting terrorism. I am for the destruction of ISIS. But these damn regime change wars like Syria and Libya. Every time the leave a vacuum that makes the situation worse.

And where were all of my hip anti war friends. Oh, they were cool with Obama doing it. Its on of the big reasons I can't stand many on the lefts moral superiority. Im gonna listen to Obama lecture me on inclusiveness while he is overthrowing the leader of Libya by funding terrorists? BS!

Trump is rocking the boat. The establishment on both sides hate him, and their number one issue is more war mongering. That is why we see the hysteria about Russia. The confirmation hearing of Tillerson where Rubio was basically begging Tillerson to call Putin a war criminal.

I hope Trump keeps up the good fight, and even though I disagree with many of the policies of Gabbard and Kucinich, I think they are brave, noble people for also being willing to go against the establishment narrative.

I think what irks the establishment D's and R's is the fact that Trump being a non politician has called them out on the very root of the problem. What propelled ISIS to start and continue to gain support, wealth and political support. Merely fighting ISIS is one side of a mulitfaceted issue. Until you take away their reasoning for becoming extremists, it would be a never ending cycle. That is what I think the ever ominous "they" wanted.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I don't think two leaders can do this alone. The path is being laid however. Slicing through rhetoric and propaganda (programming) is a step in the right direction.

I find it hard to place large amounts of faith into leaders. See Gramblers response to my post, I had a similar situation. All in for Obama and thought he could do really great things for our country. When he fell into the same warhawk tactics no one seemed to blink an eye.

Hopeful but remaining vigilant.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This is just the kind of thing I was hoping for. A change of the foreign policy that maims, kills, displaces, leaves chaos in it's wake, and is the literal spawn of never-ending radical terrorism.

It's true that now that it's festered we need a plan to actually wipe it out, but reportedly Erik Prince hints of a plan to super-focus our A-Teams to take out leadership and firebrands in an escalated manner. Probably why Trump is getting the extradition stuff cranked up. That part pains me, but...

If we team with Russia & Assad and get out of Mad Dog Mattis' way in conjunction with the above plan we might finally make a difference in the most ethical way still possible at this point.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

There is a diplomacy plan that will begin to be played out. If that doesn't work, there is a campaign to be waged. That is more than we have seen in a very long time in terms of action and preparation.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I don't like the politics of Kucinich (my former congressman)

Me neither, but he'll always be my buddy.

Lets not forget that the "moderate rebels" tend to be Al Qaeda (literally).

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
A few updates on this.

First, I wanted to bring up this article by Paul Craig Roberts. He is NOT a fan of Trumps nor his halt of travel from the 7 countries.

However, he call out the left for hysterically protesting this travel halt, while remaining silent on the fact that the reason there are so many refugees from Syria is Obamas (and Bush) funding terrorists and attacking there.

He points out that these protestors are more concerned with restricting people travel than killing them. How insane is that?

Here are a few articles worth reading of his.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

Now we move on to the war mongers mouth piece, the main stream media.

After Gabbard and Kucinich traveled to Syria and showed that even the citizens there that don't like Assad are begging the US to stop financing the foreign invaders that are killing them and destroying there country, the media has taken two tacts;

first is just ignoring them. The so called peace loving left, that are outraged by Trumps thoughts on Muslims, have no interest in reporting that Obama financed terrorists to kill innocent Muslims. In fact they inetnionally over look anything that may show their darling man of peace Obama was actually a nation building war monger.

And now the second tactic, smearing Gabbard and Kucinich. Apparently to the left, protesting Trump for his feelings on Muslims is a moral imperitive, but trying to end a war killing innocents Muslims is to be treated with contempt.

Here is an article Kucinich wrote showing how he and Gabbard have been attacked by places like the Washington Post for there attempts at peace.

www.zerohedge.com...

This is why I put no stock in all of the moral highground arguments from the anti Trump people. They have no concern for the value of Muslim life, it is just a tool they use to attack their political opponents.

top topics

join