It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump draft order reportedly will halt refugee processing for Syrians (7 other countries too)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

The photo of the Muslims show people who are passionate.

The photo of the Americans show people who are paid.

edit on 2/17/2017 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Feb, 17 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In the eye of the beholder ... and all that.

People see what they want to see, they don't see the actuality of it. They ignore the fact that Intuition is a part of all humans but only a handful choose to 'listen'.

Choosing based on your heart is much different from using your Intuition. Don't you think?

I mean, people react way too fast yeah? they do. And then, they expect everyone to believe their version of whatever they believe. I mean enough already, JHC!

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LuXTeN

It really does! Even with all we saw pre-election, the idea of celebrities calling for violence didn't occur to me! What is wrong with these people?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'm sure the countries where trump does business will be on the list, right?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
I'm sure the countries where trump does business will be on the list, right?

too funny ... bring the hate ... in the next 4 years you haters will age about 8 years from your scorn.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
thank god we have been spared from the phantom menace. no, not the bad movie, the bad idea based on bad information

But after sifting through databases, media reports, court documents, and other sources, Alex Nowrasteh, an immigration expert at the libertarian Cato Institute, has arrived at a striking finding: Nationals of the seven countries singled out by Trump have killed zero people in terrorist attacks on U.S. soil between 1975 and 2015. Zero. Six Iranians, six Sudanese, two Somalis, two Iraqis, and one Yemeni have been convicted of attempting or executing terrorist attacks on U.S. soil during that time period, according to Nowrasteh’s research. (Nowrasteh focused on plots against the U.S. homeland, which presumably Trump cares most about, rather than other terrorism-related offenses, like supporting a foreign terrorist group or trying to join a jihadist organization overseas.) Zero Libyans and zero Syrians have been convicted of doing the same. “Foreign-born terrorism is a hazard,” Nowrasteh argues, “but it is manageable given the huge economic benefits of immigration and the small costs of terrorism.” As for refugees, Nowrasteh writes, Trump’s action “is a response to a phantom menace.” Over the last four decades, 20 out of 3.25 million refugees welcomed to the United States have been convicted of attempting or committing terrorism on U.S. soil, and only three Americans have been killed in attacks committed by refugees—all by Cuban refugees in the 1970s. Zero Americans have been killed by Syrian refugees in a terrorist attack in the United States.

Between 1975 and 2015, the “annual chance of being murdered by somebody other than a foreign-born terrorist was 252.9 times greater than the chance of dying in a terrorist attack committed by a foreign-born terrorist,” according to Nowrasteh.

Nowrasteh has listed foreign-born individuals who committed or were convicted of attempting to commit a terrorist attack on U.S. soil by their country of origin and the number of people they killed. As in any exercise like this, the statistics are rough and directional rather than precise. For example, the San Bernardino attacker Tashfeen Malik, who was born in Pakistan but lived in Saudi Arabia most of her life, is counted as originating from Saudi Arabia. In the case of attacks perpetrated by multiple terrorists, like 9/11, each terrorist is assigned an equal number of victims.

Still, it’s worth noting that the countries at the top of the list, including Saudi Arabia and Egypt, are not included in Trump’s ban. I’ve bolded the countries included in Trump’s executive order.

I have no problem with trying to keep us safe, or being tough, but this is just bad policy that only accomplishes one goal, it makes the people that are ignorant to the facts feel better.

it does not make us any safer, not even a little bit.
I think Bannon is behind all of this. I think he wants a holy war. The problem with that is so does ISIL. The US has been smart to not give them what they want.

Bannon is not as smart.
edit on 19-2-2017 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IcyPatriot

sorry to break up the echo chamber

why aren't saudi arabi and egypt on the list ?

is it all about trump towers?

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The libtards will be mad that they can't exploit the terrorists they are letting in for order out of chaos. George Soros will be disappointed. He can only take advantage of the idiots and the chaos he engineered in Europe.
edit on 19-2-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Saudi and Egypt I would suspect, have proper vetting in place.

posted on Feb, 19 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Trump is working with the Saudis to create a safe zone. Plus, there is no refugee crisis from those countries. They are coming from War torn countries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join