It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE
Within one post you went from "happy to make peace" to one half of the nation you don't like being terrorists. Bravo.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I'll take a step back as soon as I can say I support Trump where I work without my employment and livelihood being threatened, or can put a Trump bumper sticker on my car without the windows getting smashed or tires slashed, or can where a simple MAGA hat and walk down the street without getting verbally and possibly physically assaulted, and in general, when I can say I support Trump without immediately getting asked stupid # like am I a racist and do I hate Muslims/Mexicans.

Essentially, as soon as the left decides they're ready for an actual discussion and putting a stop to the nonsense above, I'll be happy to have a discussion.

*This goes for daily life, not ATS. Here, I respond respectfully to respectful posts, thoughtfully to thought posts, but when a few of our resident trolls keep trying to troll ATS and get a reaction, don't expect respectful and/or thoughtful responses.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I wouldn't do the Trump sticker thing...I don't do the Obama sticker thing bc there are always those idiots out there who will damage.

Also cops will pull you over bases on your bumper stickers...however, a Trump sticker may be in your favor for that.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Dislike of another's opinions and beliefs neither justifies our own nor makes us more certain of them: and to transfer the repugnance to the person himself is a mark of a vulgar mind.

John L. Spalding

When we can get past the "transfer the repugnance to the person himself" then hatred ceases.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As long as the left is unwilling to meet in the middle, and the right is unwilling to meet in the middle, you are all going to be lost in this, seemingly, endless maelstrom of partisan hate.

It's past time for a lot of you to grow the Hell up!

Don't like that? Too damned bad, really I'm sorry for your pain.

For eight long years, the right whinges like a bunch of spoiled little kids who didn't get their way. Now, in the months since the election results came in on that night last November, many on the left have acted in the same damned way.

Some is, I suppose to be expected. Some. Not EIGHT damned YEARS of it, or what looks disturbingly like FOUR damned years of it (at least). My God, I've never seen such a bunch of sorry ass losers and winners in all my born days, and I spent many years coaching various little league type sports for children. They at least have the excuse of being children...what's yours, again? Actually a lot of you are acting like the quintessential little league parent...and that's about as bad as it gets for an adult not actually breaking laws.

The left needs to quit squalling like a little brat and deal with what is, and see what can be done to fix/mitigate the damage.

The right needs to get over this damned revenge kick all too many of you are on, and act like you actually give a flyin' *bleep* about the whole country, not just your little 25% of it. Yes, that means the 25% that are spending their time protesting/crying, too.

I really hope I pissed a bunch of you off. I really do. Maybe that'll jar you into actually thinking about the whole of the nation instead of your little echo chamber portion of it.

Let's just say, I have my doubts. The last quarter century has badly damaged my faith in my fellow Americans.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
I'll take a step back as soon as I can say I support Trump where I work without my employment and livelihood being threatened, or can put a Trump bumper sticker on my car without the windows getting smashed or tires slashed, or can where a simple MAGA hat and walk down the street without getting verbally and possibly physically assaulted, and in general, when I can say I support Trump without immediately getting asked stupid # like am I a racist and do I hate Muslims/Mexicans.

Essentially, as soon as the left decides they're ready for an actual discussion and putting a stop to the nonsense above, I'll be happy to have a discussion.

*This goes for daily life, not ATS. Here, I respond respectfully to respectful posts, thoughtfully to thought posts, but when a few of our resident trolls keep trying to troll ATS and get a reaction, don't expect respectful and/or thoughtful responses.

I'm not sure it behooves anyone for people to make nice and have "discussions" with people who support fascists. The reason you are immediately pounced upon for supporting Trump is because you deserve to be.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

You are wasting your breath. Due to the sheer level of the hypercritical nature the political opposition to Trump is Fake. IMO the international opposition to Trump is in the same boat. The international community had no problem when Obama left the world in flames, yet they are panicking about Trump! Give me a break , already!

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Trump as mastered the art of smoke and mirrors. The lack of reflection and learning from the majority of the MSM means they are one of Trump's puppets. Notice while the media and protesters are whipping up fake mass hysteria no one is talking about how the GOP can't agree on what route health care reform should take. The same goes for immigration reform and a nation building infrastructure program.

I also suspect in private Trump and Ryan have a informal agreement with democratic leaders of Congress. In exchange for giving the opposition some political "wins" bipartisan support for the major reform packages I mentioned above becomes possible.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: MysticPearl

I wouldn't do the Trump sticker thing...I don't do the Obama sticker thing bc there are always those idiots out there who will damage.

Also cops will pull you over bases on your bumper stickers...however, a Trump sticker may be in your favor for that.

Just put a hodgepodge of pro leftwing and pro rightwing bumper stickers all over your car and in the center place this sticker that says.
" The voices in my head are my best friends."
Nobody will be able to make sense of the contradictions and will probably think your so batty they will leave you alone.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

thats pretty funny but Im afraid I would get double damage, from both sides.

I live in a pretty redneck state.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I would never do it myself so maybe don't do it.
But I hope to one day snap a picture of a car in the wild where some one has this exact sticker situation going on with their vehicle.
Then I can puzzle over the mystery of that persons personality and have a good laugh at the absurdity of it all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join