It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You are what is wrong with our political system.
It was built on compromise not selfishness.
Please show me where the GOP exercised compromise with Obama.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I just spent eight years listening to how bad Obama was.
So no.
Not even sorry.
I do hate trump.
I think he's a moron.
And if someone attacks me because of that I'm going to fight back.
There's no Rodney king moment here.
We can't all get along and honestly I have no desire to get along with anyone who voted for trump or supports him.
Ever...

Just take your ball and go home...

Sheesh, what are you twelve ?

It's hard to take this seriously after the Obama years. Obama did everything in his power to extend olive branches to the Republicans. He tried including them on talks about developing Obamacare/ACA. They returned that favor by disavowing everything to do with that bill. He tried getting their compromise for the various budget problems. Republicans instead decided to shut the government down. He EVEN compromised on the immigration issue and ended up deporting more illegals than any other President in history (yet Republicans still don't give him credit for that).

Trump meanwhile is the most antagonistic President we've ever had. His supporters can be just as bad. And nether Trump nor his supporters seem to care about Liberals' opinions. So your concern here, to me, reads more like you just wanting Liberals to fall in line with your politics.

You guys don't deserve compromise until you clean up your attitudes towards liberals.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So no.
Not even sorry.
I do hate trump.
I think he's a moron.
We can't all get along and honestly I have no desire to get along with anyone who voted for trump or supports him.
Ever...

It's hard to take this seriously after the Obama years. Obama did everything in his power to extend olive branches to the Republicans. He tried including them on talks about developing Obamacare/ACA. They returned that favor by disavowing everything to do with that bill. He tried getting their compromise for the various budget problems. Republicans instead decided to shut the government down. He EVEN compromised on the immigration issue and ended up deporting more illegals than any other President in history (yet Republicans still don't give him credit for that).

Trump meanwhile is the most antagonistic President we've ever had. His supporters can be just as bad. And nether Trump nor his supporters seem to care about Liberals' opinions. So your concern here, to me, reads more like you just wanting Liberals to fall in line with your politics.

You guys don't deserve compromise until you clean up your attitudes towards liberals.

You won't see me defend the GOP rich white guy club.

It's true they blocked everything.

They tried to block Trump too.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So no.
Not even sorry.
I do hate trump.
I think he's a moron.
Ever...

I didn't vote for Trump but I like some of his ideas.

I am against a physical wall. It's ridiculous.

I am for less regulations on everybody.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I suggested compromise as soon as the election was over. I got slapped down by the Trump supporters because they claimed they now had a mandate and didn't need to compromise. So why should I put forth the effort for compromise when I've already been told it's not going to happen?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You don't seen to realize the problem is that Trump is the barbaric savage that ignites people. He is the nasty one.

He is the one causing all the strife

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I suggested compromise as soon as the election was over. I got slapped down by the Trump supporters because they claimed they now had a mandate and didn't need to compromise. So why should I put forth the effort for compromise when I've already been told it's not going to happen?

Both sides feel anger that nobody listens to them.

Obama was blocked. All the money left when he was elected.

The GOP hates Trump too. They wanted Jeb.

I don't want anything from my government.

Deliver my mail and get out of my way.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You don't seen to realize the problem is that Trump is the barbaric savage that ignites people. He is the nasty one.
He is the one causing all the strife

I think you're off on this one. IMHO, Trump is the expression of the strife. I figure that's going to worsen when those who placed their faith in him discover that he can't deliver, and the GOP will just be offering up the same ol' #e. Now that won't be pretty!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well as a liberal or an independent who currently politically swings liberal I don't feel very loved in this country by the partisan side that has control. So I feel no need to come together with them to compromise. I DO feel the need to make sure they accomplish as little as possible though.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I look at Trump as a middle finger to lifetime politicians.

Nobody likes Trump as a person.

I thought Trump might be able to help my industry.

I guess it boils down to pocketbook for me.

You don't have to personally like Trump.

Only some of his family like him.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I didn't like Trump. I didn't like Hillary. I didn't like Obama.

I gave Obama a chance. I would of given Hillary a chance. I will give Trump a chance.

He won. He is the president and I respect the president because I am a citizen of the United States of America. I love my country.

What I will not do is worship Trump. Just like I did not worship Obama. I see the same things happening that happened 8 years ago. Hope and change. Make America great again. Cults of personalities developing.

People who spent 8 years bashing and crapping on everything Obama did, whose mantra was, do not compromise. Are now demanding compromise. Do people not see the hypocrisy. This is not only a dig against the right.

When the shoes on the other foot. When the Democrats where in power they complained about what the Republican were doing, then when out of power, do the same thing. Vice versa for the Republicans. Its surreal. Or is it?

Your sh!t all stinks. Everyone needs to get over themselves.

That's how I know there will be no coming together. Everyone wants to take the moral high ground when they win but act like children when they lose. We're too prideful and pride cometh before a fall.

So when our beautiful country is in ashes. Not because of Trump or Obama or the next president. Because there will be a next president. Just like there was after Obama. Even though I read on here repeatedly that Obama would become a dictator and seize power through one far fetched conspiracy after another. That no one ever came out and said, "Hey I was stupid for believing that, I'm sorry."

I am sure we will see the other side do the same thing about Trump. And the people who unashamedly discussed and believed the Obama conspiracies will crap all over the people making the Trump ones. Its as if people can't help themselves. Or see the poo they are flinging.

Its not going to be our leaders that destroy us. We will destroy ourselves. Because we are easily led by the nose. Both sides think they are infallible and will not give any ground. Both sides do the same exact things then cry and whine when the other side does it. Both sides have their snowflakes and safe spaces. Both sides are creating their own bubbles where they only hear things that agree with them. Both sides are calling news/information, that does not conform to their politics, fake news/alternative facts. Both sides are equally oblivious that the other side is a mirror image of themselves.

All of this has been said before. Peoples eyes just glaze over and they say, "well the other side does it too".

No duh......that's the whole point. The cycle never ends. Hope your children enjoy the future where liberals and conservatives wage jihad against each other. All so you can have the smug satisfaction of being the rightest evah!!!!

While people like me stand in the middle shaking our heads. Wishing the kids would get off our lawn. But the kids outnumber the adults and somehow think they are the adults. Even while yelling, "Not it!" followed by, "I know you are but what am I."

edit on 26-1-2017 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So no.
Not even sorry.
I do hate trump.
I think he's a moron.
Ever...

So its ok for you and your type to act like immature 12 year olds and bash Obama for 8+ years, but its NOT ok for us to call out your cheeto messiah?

Please do not point your finger at anyone, there are 3 pointing back at you.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm the one with the grudge, yet you have already told me that you searched through my post history. Brother, you couldn't pay me to search through your post history for anything, yet you have done that after one argument. You are projecting and saying I am holding the grudge, again, when it is YOU that hold the grudge.

Again, I have not searched through YOUR post history and then posted in a random thread, making me aware of that fact. You did.

Sycophants. Supporters. In my previous post, I made clear the difference between the two. The fact that you needed to write this 5 paragraph response tells me which group you fall into. If you were a supporter under the definition I have provided (which you do not have to follow by the way), you would not have responded in such a manner.

Yes, my mind is made up. Donald Trump made up my mind when he ran his campaign on division, bigotry and ignorance for two years and YOU sycophants rationalized, excused and ignored his immaturity. Why do I need to change my opinion about his character when he has proven his character in two years of WALL to WALL coverage on CNN, MSNBC, and FOX? Non stop coverage. Non-stop interviews.

Give him a chance, his sycophants say. We gave him a chance when he said he was running, and then he opened his mouth. And continued opening his mouth. I'll be the first to give him credit WHEN he does something tangible for the benefit of ALL of America, not just his sycophants, but until then, don't expect any praises from me.

Got it? Good.

edit on 26-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Nyiah

Plenty try. There are many of us in the middle and on the left who do agree with & support some of Trump's ideas. That's called meeting in the middle on common ground. However, the narrative is that we all must support every idea under any and all circumstances, no matter how poorly thought out for the short term or the long run.

?

Whos saying that? Are you sure you are not talking about the former? You know the old guy that just left? The one that you were a GD racist if you didn't agree with him? That guy?

Any dissenting opinion of any policy idea Trump has offered is met with mockery. If you perceive having been the recipient of such prior, then how can you claim to take the moral high ground by doing the same mockery to others? You won't get anywhere with that. I've acknowledged several ideas that would work well for us. I've also voiced my opinion on others I foresee backfiring hard. For those opinions, I get a whole lotta mouth from people who wailed about once receiving it. Tit-for-tat isn't high ground, it's lowly.

Not really tit-for-tating. Cant really get things calmed down until a strident person sees that they just might look like what they claim to be bitching about. Or how it feels anyway. I am fairly out front in my approach which get me what you just gave me. However I challenge you to look more closely at folks basically being subtle but doing the same thing.

Beside someone who kicks me in the ass for years and the situation is reversed at some point.......oh boy they don't want to take as well as they gave now......poor snow flake. If you don't want any then present your rear for kicking and acknowledge and maybe you will be spared and I will have mercy. If not that person is just the same old ass and is going to learn by having the favor returned the hard way.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Give him a chance, his sycophants say. We gave him a chance when he said he was running, and then he opened his mouth. And continued opening his mouth. I'll be the first to give him credit WHEN he does something tangible for the benefit of ALL of America, not just his sycophants, but until then, don't expect any praises from me.

Got it? Good.

Just so you know.....I for one am not trying to win you or get you to see virtue......but trying to kick your ass out of a moving car and don't care how many times your head bounces off the pavement. The ride is going to be so much better without you in the car.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

....Alright?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is no 'chance giving' left, that phrase is like a broken record.

Trump ran out of chances for most people before he was even president.

What's with this narrative people never originally gave him a chance?

Drawing everyone out to be so presumptuous and arrogant is presumptuous and arrogant.

The issues with Trump is what he has already done. "And he's not even President!"

A better phrase would be "Let the past be the past" because it's undeniable he's already messed up, and if he will continue to is the real question when people start talking about 'chances'.
edit on 26-1-2017 by ROBOTNINJADRAGON because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ROBOTNINJADRAGON
A better phrase would be "Let the past be the past" because it's undeniable he's already messed up...
holy crap, is that an understatement! And he shows no sign whatsoever of changing. He can't even put up an act to at least appear more presidential. I honestly believe he is too stupid to do that even if he wanted to. Watch him struggle to put together a coherent thought in any interview.
edit on 26-1-2017 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

People can work together, if they are willing! Eight years ago, I recall a lot of people saying, "Give him a chance", when discussing O, and telling us to wait and see. Well, that shoe is on the other foot. Let's see how many can take their own advice, and try to work together.

I came to ATS for the intelligent discussion.

I welcome its return.

I'd love to see that happen!! Lurked for a while, reading, and the awesome discussion was THE reason I went ahead and joined.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As long as the left is unwilling to meet in the middle, and the right is unwilling to meet in the middle, you are all going to be lost in this, seemingly, endless maelstrom of partisan hate.

It's past time for a lot of you to grow the Hell up!

Don't like that? Too damned bad, really I'm sorry for your pain.

For eight long years, the right whinges like a bunch of spoiled little kids who didn't get their way. Now, in the months since the election results came in on that night last November, many on the left have acted in the same damned way.

Some is, I suppose to be expected. Some. Not EIGHT damned YEARS of it, or what looks disturbingly like FOUR damned years of it (at least). My God, I've never seen such a bunch of sorry ass losers and winners in all my born days, and I spent many years coaching various little league type sports for children. They at least have the excuse of being children...what's yours, again? Actually a lot of you are acting like the quintessential little league parent...and that's about as bad as it gets for an adult not actually breaking laws.

The left needs to quit squalling like a little brat and deal with what is, and see what can be done to fix/mitigate the damage.

The right needs to get over this damned revenge kick all too many of you are on, and act like you actually give a flyin' *bleep* about the whole country, not just your little 25% of it. Yes, that means the 25% that are spending their time protesting/crying, too.

I really hope I pissed a bunch of you off. I really do. Maybe that'll jar you into actually thinking about the whole of the nation instead of your little echo chamber portion of it.

Let's just say, I have my doubts. The last quarter century has badly damaged my faith in my fellow Americans.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/27/2017 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join