It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Well if you know anything about traditional Christians, then you also know that we know how this all ends. We know that a NWO order is inevitable and while that doesn't mean we need to step openly into its embrace, we also will end up in one sooner or later.

When looking at this election, you cannot tell me that Hillary was the anti-establishment, anti-NWO candidate. She was more blatantly open about those leanings that Trump.

So to try to blame Christians for voting for him as a NWO order tool is a bit of a wash, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Thats unfortunate because I could say the exact same thing about your psycho anti trump hate.. You clearly know nothing about me because I do critisize trump and for you to base your assumptions on a few threads proves it. There's a difference between mental backflippng (go ahead and go through my history and show me where I do one) and keeping it real and seeing things from a rational stand point without emotion and clear bias and calling out those that can't.

If you have been paying attention (which I know you have) my last few post towards you were all rational views and honest questions but of course you chose to ignore them all.

I know your grudge against me is because I called you an emotional in that last thread which was absolutely without a doubt the truth.

But of course like trump you've already made up your mind about me and nothing will change it just like your biased views of Trump. And almost every post on the trump threads prove it.

Just read my previous 2 posts on this thread pointed at you. Where is all that crazy you're talking about? Instead of trying to debate with me like an adult you completely ignore my questions and instead attack my character. Anyone with a brain can compare you're previous post in this thread to mine and tell who's the bias and emotional one.

So no problem I'll leave you alone from now on, have a good day
edit on 26-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
a reply to: UKTruth

No. The liberal ideology has to be wiped out.

Well, I think that's what plenty of them would like to see happen to conservative ideology.

Hitker wukd be proud (no hyerbole) just trug to ake you see how backwards a stancethat is .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Liberals were mean and nasty when they were in power for 8 years.

They are mean and nasty now that they are out of power.

I don't believe there is much hope for them.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: introvert

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

Agreed, the division is on BOTH sides.

And I promise, if Trump F#es up I will stand besie you to call him out!

That's a start. That is reasonable.

Now we have to agree on what constitutes a F-up.

LoL, agreed.

That is a debate I am willing to have mate.

And we will definitely have our chance to debate those issues.

Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

If you want to throw mud, expect a trebuchet-load back at you.

That's twice I have agreed with you in this thread.

I even gave you other post a star. That's two firsts

I'm glad we can agree. Let's see if we can take this one step further.

There are a select few posters on this site that I avoid as much as I can because I know what their goal is. There are some on the Left that post threads/posts with the intent of driving this divide...and they can be quite popular. There are also those on the Right that have the same goal of trolling/baiting us with dubious threads/sources to start a war of partisan bickering.

Will you be willing to stop feeding the trolls and engage in the debate, rather than falling for the bait?

driving the divide?

or making it obvious that there is no divide, its up for debate.

I'm trying to be "diplomatic" and reasonable for the sake of this exercise. Part of that attempt to be reasonable is to recognize that there are some on the Left that are guilty of conducting themselves in a manner that do nothing or very little to progress a reasonable discussion. It could be considered troll-bait material, but I would have you know it's probably not the person/persons you may have first come to mind.

The Right has the same issue. They are being subtly baited by individuals that only want to goad others in to a partisan mud-fest.

Whenever people talk about the great divide I just laugh. Its not right and left anymore, divide between parties is healthy (it would be healthier if there were more parties to choose from).

The current divide of morals vs. bigotry is the battle now and we cannot normalize the alt-right hate. Alt-right is not to be confused with Republicans. The republicans I know are not demoralizing, hateful bigots.

Other than the small percentage of loud alt-right bigots...we are actually pretty united.
edit on 26-1-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere
My solution was to dump all social media on the internet. I stop in here briefly, a couple times a days, mainly to check the barometer, and I move on back to the real world.

I have increased my service time to my community and, I can't believe I really did this, but I accepted a leadership position in one of my local charities. I know we all live in different places, but I am not seeing the hatred and the divide to the degree that some are. I don't talk politics with family, friends, constituents, or strangers.

I listen to people with an open mind and a closed mouth. If the conversation gets too politically intensive, I sweetly announce that politics is like potato salad, it should be kept on ice. Placing it out in warm temperatures, will surely make you sick.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I have never had a post post so fast. The screen flashed and poof! Double post. ?????
edit on 26-1-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

see the problem is that trump is not polarizing anyone, people are polarizing themselves but refuse to see their own behavior and want to blame him for exploiting their behavior, if people don't want conflict or to be exploited then they should do something about it with their own actions instead of creating a scapegoat to vent everything on.

The fatal flaw with that is Trumo is Predident, the buck stops with him. When many protests are against his policies and uncensored public commetns, he's as frmo a scapegoat you can get. He should grow up see actions have consequenes, spittig his dumy out is not the behaviour of satesmen; and instead lsiten to common sense/demoracy like he's legally abloged to.

Sadly I think he's a failled rality TV star still sstuck on The Apprentice, whic wuld explain his obsession/erratice behaviour.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't see it either, at all...in my community.

I only see it online and in our new President. I also only blather online.

I have had some idiots come into my house and talk politics, in 1 sentence I shoot them down, have a great rest of the night...idiot is never allowed in my house again.

I am very positive and would never provoke a fight in real life just to spit my thoughts out at them. I always give everyone the benefit of a doubt. I have a few times in my office corrected some of my co-workers who were repeating fake news and did not know anything about the ACA. They appreciated (or at least acted like they did) my help to them to understand it better.

As fierce as I am on this site, I am little timid angel in real life.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Is there no way we can ever be respectful to each other.

I know Trump's election pi$$ed a lot of people off.

So, we are going to be hateful to each other for four years.

I know some of you just threw up in your mouth a little.

We need to. Four years of this will tear us apart.

I'm just as guilty as anyone. But, I love this Country.

It will outlast Trump and so will you.

Let's give our fairly elected President a chance.

3 Days is not fair to him. Hell, Obama had a short honeymoon.

I lived through several Presidents. I hope to see several more.

Everything else hasn't worked...We got 20 Trillion in debt to lose.
I gave him a chance right up until he reactivated DAPL and threatened PBS. Besides the right didn't give Obama a chance right before they said they'd never work with him...and boy did they stand by that. Now I say it's no quarter asked and none given.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I think that should have been considered 8 years ago when e right attacked Obama. Time to pay up

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Oh, I don't think it will take 4 years...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I think that the American left is bound to return to Trump every bit of the respect that was given to Obama by the right.

But here is the vicious circle. How much respect did the left give Bush prior to Obama?
The GOP avowed going in that it would block everything that Obama tried to do, down to unprecedented levels of hypocrisy. Nobody had that power over Bush so yours is a false equivalency.
Now it just comes down to...where was the respect for the office and the getting along to get things done when Blackie McBlackenstein was in office? And now you guys want, as another poster dubbed it, a kumbaya moment ?
Good luck with that. Besides, look to the GOP to back Trump while he does their dirty work, and as soon as he's through and entering onto full-tilt crazy, they'll dump him so they can look like heroes and get reelected in two years.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Y'all first. I see time and again Trump supporters laughing at me, demeaning me, or just straight up insulting me because I'm a liberal. If you want us to come together, lead by example. I'm not going to work together with hostile people.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Welcome to the new tribalism...internet tribalism. "My side is better than yours." "my guy is better than yours." And the like. Will it stop? Probably not. But will it lessen some? Probably, in time. The issue is that humans tend to be very tribal...they surround themselves with people that have like ideas, like beliefs, and like minds. Anyone that intrudes, corrects, questions or otherwise impedes the "internal love" immediately becomes an outsider and is castigated as such.

How to change this? Get outside, turn off the social media, go out and do something for your local community. Spend time with those that are not of like mind. Get to know them as real people, not as internet nicknames. If America is going to be great, if it's going to be the force it once was, that force was driven by the spirit of the people, not the spirit of the government.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Y'all first. I see time and again Trump supporters laughing at me, demeaning me, or just straight up insulting me because I'm a liberal. If you want us to come together, lead by example. I'm not going to work together with hostile people.

I never thought you were liberal.

I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

I always thought you were fiercely independent.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I just spent eight years listening to how bad Obama was.
So no.
Not even sorry.
I do hate trump.
I think he's a moron.
And if someone attacks me because of that I'm going to fight back.
There's no Rodney king moment here.
We can't all get along and honestly I have no desire to get along with anyone who voted for trump or supports him.
Ever...

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I never thought you were liberal.

I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

I always thought you were fiercely independent.

Well you are one of the few.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You and me both bubalah. .

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I just spent eight years listening to how bad Obama was.
So no.
Not even sorry.
I do hate trump.
I think he's a moron.
And if someone attacks me because of that I'm going to fight back.
There's no Rodney king moment here.
We can't all get along and honestly I have no desire to get along with anyone who voted for trump or supports him.
Ever...

You are what is wrong with our political system.

It was built on compromise not selfishness.

Just take your ball and go home...

Sheesh, what are you twelve ?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join