It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

He's still not more divisive, and if you think he is, it's because you are buying what the press is selling.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: stosh64

a reply to: introvert

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

Agreed, the division is on BOTH sides.

And I promise, if Trump F#es up I will stand besie you to call him out!

That's a start. That is reasonable.

Now we have to agree on what constitutes a F-up.

LoL, agreed.

That is a debate I am willing to have mate.

And we will definitely have our chance to debate those issues.

Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

If you want to throw mud, expect a trebuchet-load back at you.

That's twice I have agreed with you in this thread.

I even gave you other post a star. That's two firsts

I'm glad we can agree. Let's see if we can take this one step further.

There are a select few posters on this site that I avoid as much as I can because I know what their goal is. There are some on the Left that post threads/posts with the intent of driving this divide...and they can be quite popular. There are also those on the Right that have the same goal of trolling/baiting us with dubious threads/sources to start a war of partisan bickering.

Will you be willing to stop feeding the trolls and engage in the debate, rather than falling for the bait?

driving the divide?

or making it obvious that there is no divide, its up for debate.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Gothmog

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

8 years . Get it right. 8 years

I'm sincerely worried for our liberal friends when Trump wins a second term.

I don't think the spirit of this thread is to say 8 years.

Remember, Kanye will be running in 2020...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

so will scientists www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Attacking his policies? No issue.

Attacks of a personal nature? Issue. Attacking his appearance say more about the attacker than the attackee, and not much of it good. ...and, yes, that most assuredly applies to our President.

I don't have to like him, to want him to do a good job, or given the low expectations we have of our Presidents these decades...a sort of halfway decent job. I've worked with people I couldn't stand--because, well, I'm an adult, and that's what adults are supposed to be able to do.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm not buying anything, I know the media is only using Trump to cause division and Trump is using the media to do the same in equal measure. I don't trust the media any more than I do Trump, maybe even less so.

I see the game that's being played, no one gets into office and changes anything without the approval of the elites. That should be common knowledge around here and should allow people to see through the charade they're orchestrating right now, the media's propaganda has changed with the times though and they are now using distrust of the government and 'the establishment' against the people.

It's obvious what Trump's purpose is from my point of view, but I'm on the outside looking in.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
everyones energy would be best spent focusing in on George Soros, Trilateral Commission, CFR, Bilderberg Group and MSM propaganda

And therein lies the problem. You yourself have jumped on the Trump bandwagon and don't seem to mind that he supports the CFR, appointed Steve Mnuchin as secretary, even though he not only worked at Goldman Sachs, but is friends with George Soros!

Just one of the many swamp dwellers. But magically it doesn't matter when Trump approves.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Trump's purpose is a war with the press.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
everyones energy would be best spent focusing in on George Soros, Trilateral Commission, CFR, Bilderberg Group and MSM propaganda

And therein lies the problem. You yourself have jumped on the Trump bandwagon and don't seem to mind that he supports the CFR, appointed Steve Mnuchin as secretary, even though he not only worked at Goldman Sachs, but is friends with George Soros!

Just one of the many swamp dwellers. But magically it doesn't matter when Trump approves.

I don't approve of all of Trump's cabinet picks.

But the odds that I will like or approve of everything he does and everyone he appoints was always going to be very low. The odds that he was going to appoint someone to handle treasury that I did approve of was going to be least likely. This aspect of things does not surprise me in the least.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I agree. What better way to create a 'war' within the people than to do it through the press whom the people rely on for information? Trump will say one thing while the press will say another making supporters of both camps fight each other over who is right. We see it every day on these boards and we hear about the effects through the news. It's working and Trump is the center piece of the whole act.

link   

originally posted by: veracity

so will scientists www.theatlantic.com...

My wife is a Scientist 2 and is very smart.

The only promise I had to make her when we got married.

Is would never run for public office...Buzz kill

edit on 25-1-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: whyamIhere

a reply to: introvert

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

Agreed, the division is on BOTH sides.

And I promise, if Trump F#es up I will stand besie you to call him out!

That's a start. That is reasonable.

Now we have to agree on what constitutes a F-up.

LoL, agreed.

That is a debate I am willing to have mate.

And we will definitely have our chance to debate those issues.

Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

If you want to throw mud, expect a trebuchet-load back at you.

That's twice I have agreed with you in this thread.

I even gave you other post a star. That's two firsts

I'm glad we can agree. Let's see if we can take this one step further.

There are a select few posters on this site that I avoid as much as I can because I know what their goal is. There are some on the Left that post threads/posts with the intent of driving this divide...and they can be quite popular. There are also those on the Right that have the same goal of trolling/baiting us with dubious threads/sources to start a war of partisan bickering.

Will you be willing to stop feeding the trolls and engage in the debate, rather than falling for the bait?

driving the divide?

or making it obvious that there is no divide, its up for debate.

I'm trying to be "diplomatic" and reasonable for the sake of this exercise. Part of that attempt to be reasonable is to recognize that there are some on the Left that are guilty of conducting themselves in a manner that do nothing or very little to progress a reasonable discussion. It could be considered troll-bait material, but I would have you know it's probably not the person/persons you may have first come to mind.

The Right has the same issue. They are being subtly baited by individuals that only want to goad others in to a partisan mud-fest.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

In a sense though, the press sort of picked this war by being nakedly partisan.

If you can't rely on the press to be fair and impartial, then you go around them. Right now, that's the only choice.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I think that the American left is bound to return to Trump every bit of the respect that was given to Obama by the right.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I think that the American left is bound to return to Trump every bit of the respect that was given to Obama by the right.

I hope you're wrong.

I would not bet on it.

I have a family member flipping out.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Yes, they were being blatantly partisan and biased on purpose, they knew their divisive rhetoric would spill over to the people and it has. Trump and the media are feeding off of each other in order for division to continue and widen between the people. It's by design and it's working. Listen to people calling Trump supporters racist and bigoted and listen to Trump supporters using buzzwords like 'liberal' and 'snowflake' as slurs against other people, it's working.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
For 8 years liberals sat high and mighty and made sure everyone knew it. Even amidst gross failure on the part of their chosen one, which they still can not admit. Then they got their asses handed to them in one of the biggest political smack downs ever. You cant seriously expect to be a jerk for 8 years then not hear about it after you get body slammed and bludgeoned in an election you laughed your way through with one of the most criminal candidates to ever run for office. Seriously folks, get with the program. All those years of "you lost - get over it" are coming back to haunt you.

Will this help our nation? Will it solve our problems? Will it do anything constructive? No, no and no. Just like the last 8 years. The fact that it did nothing for us didn't stop the liberals, and they love to play the "he did it so we can too" game. Well, now its our turn. Your failed social experiment is over.

That being said, I AM willing to put all this aside and try to get along. As soon as I see liberals acting like adults, admitting they were wrong, admitting obama was a disaster for this nation, taking responsibility for their own actions instead of trying to control everyone else's, stop being hypocrites, etc. As long as there are fools out in the streets attacking white people, blocking traffic, smashing windows, acting like animals, you wont get much sympathy or cooperation from me.

Why on earth would I sympathize or cooperate with behavior like that? You want my respect? EARN IT.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The Right has the same issue. They are being subtly baited by individuals that only want to goad others in to a partisan mud-fest.

If we're in 'time-Out' mode ... and none of this is counting ... I'd like to acknowledge that you (and one other member who shall not be named in this post) are so good at baiting conservatives, that I have at times, considered whether or not you may be paid shills. FWIW, my conclusion was: that you are not. The time the two of you spend on the boards and the quality of thought behind your writings would break even the bank of Soros.

Time-In!!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei

Yes, they were being blatantly partisan and biased on purpose, they knew their divisive rhetoric would spill over to the people and it has. Trump and the media are feeding off of each other in order for division to continue and widen between the people. It's by design and it's working. Listen to people calling Trump supporters racist and bigoted and listen to Trump supporters using buzzwords like 'liberal' and 'snowflake' as slurs against other people, it's working.

We can't agree on anything.

Just because Trump a brash New Yorker won the office.

It seems we have lost all civility.

We don't have to agree with each other to show respect.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I agree, except I believe Trump is in on it and is willingly doing these things to further the agenda. If Trump isn't in on it then he is still but an unwitting pawn and is doing what is needed for their agenda to grow in my opinion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join