It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

To be fair, the threads are about 50/50. And I could say the exact same thing about you guys.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: c2oden

Well, that's not entirely true. I'm socially inept and I'm well known in person for saying what's on my mind - quite filterless. I'm either loved or hated(or in the case of my wife, both). I prefer to know my allies and enemies quickly, though.

But I'd say my online demeanor is easier to get along with. An old friend once told me, "You use knowledge like a hammer."

That's why I said "for the most part".
Some would, most would not.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Can I get out of the basket of deplorable and irredeemable ATS members now?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And we will definitely have our chance to debate those issues.
Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

If you want to throw mud, expect a trebuchet-load back at you.

I am willing to concede when I am wrong mate

I am used to getting $h!t in the face, I just want whats best for the country, in all honesty.

Peace,
Steve

To much to drink now, I will catch up tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Can I get out of the basket of deplorable and irredeemable ATS members now?

Probably not.
I tried.
I was back in this basket in less than 7 hours.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: stosh64

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

Agreed, the division is on BOTH sides.

And I promise, if Trump F#es up I will stand besie you to call him out!

That's a start. That is reasonable.

Now we have to agree on what constitutes a F-up.

LoL, agreed.

That is a debate I am willing to have mate.

Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

That's twice I have agreed with you in this thread.

I even gave you other post a star. That's two firsts

I'm glad we can agree. Let's see if we can take this one step further.

There are a select few posters on this site that I avoid as much as I can because I know what their goal is. There are some on the Left that post threads/posts with the intent of driving this divide...and they can be quite popular. There are also those on the Right that have the same goal of trolling/baiting us with dubious threads/sources to start a war of partisan bickering.

Will you be willing to stop feeding the trolls and engage in the debate, rather than falling for the bait?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: whyamIhere

Agreed, everyones energy would be best spent focusing in on George Soros, Trilateral Commission, CFR, Bilderberg Group and MSM propaganda because they have infiltrated America politics in one way or another and are very much responsible for the current division.
Yes focussing on the puppet masters instead of the puppets seem much more in the sprit of ATS. It's why I joined for alternative views on the world. Not for partisian political fighting that you could probably find every where else on the internet.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

see the problem is that trump is not polarizing anyone, people are polarizing themselves but refuse to see their own behavior and want to blame him for exploiting their behavior, if people don't want conflict or to be exploited then they should do something about it with their own actions instead of creating a scapegoat to vent everything on.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

LoL, agreed.

There are a select few posters on this site that I avoid as much as I can because I know what their goal is. There are some on the Left that post threads/posts with the intent of driving this divide...and they can be quite popular. There are also those on the Right that have the same goal of trolling/baiting us with dubious threads/sources to start a war of partisan bickering.

Will you be willing to stop feeding the trolls and engage in the debate, rather than falling for the bait?

We should give him a chance. I get animated.

You give as good as you get.

I can agree those type threads are unhelpful.

Baby steps...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Don't see it happening.

By this time tomorrow we'll have had about 100 threads drowning this Olive branch and they'll all be back to bickering.

I myself have almost stopped replying to people or initiating conversation just to avoid it all.

I say what I gotta say then get out of the thread.

Hopefully it changes soon.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

LoL, agreed.

We should give him a chance. I get animated.

You give as good as you get.

I can agree those type threads are unhelpful.

Baby steps...

It appears you may know of whom I speak.

That's an acceptable baby step.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Whenever I get frustrated with the hatred of Trump and anyone who voted for him, I just remind myself how I'd feel if their Hillary had been elected.

I then understand them a little better.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I will try my best. Except in mudpit

Oh man those days around the election

What goes a long away, is when you get owned source wise, admit your bad.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Whenever I get frustrated with the hatred of Trump and anyone who voted for him, I just remind myself how I'd feel if their Hillary had been elected.

Except I wouldn't hate the people who voted for Hillary. I know most of them were just voting for what they thought was best.

I don't understand it, but I know it's what they were doing.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So you're assuming that I liked Obama? Wrong. Obama is one of the worst presidents ever, there is nothing about him that I would want to keep. He was very divisive as well but Trump will be and in some respects already is worse than Obama. Trump keeps pushing buttons for a reason you know and that is to further divide the 'pro-Trump' and 'anti-Trump' groups which is pretty much splitting the country right down the middle.

It's no accident that Trump is so divisive, he does it himself and that is his purpose.

ETA: And me using the word 'you' wad not directed at you in particular but was more of a general statement, myself included in that 'you'. It's not good to assume things about people.
edit on 1/25/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

8 years . Get it right. 8 years

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Except I wouldn't hate the people who voted for Hillary. I know most of them were just voting for what they thought was best.

I don't understand it, but I know it's what they were doing.

That's because we just got through with 8 years of Obama.

link   
yes, i want the same as you, for don to be successful!

However, successful can mean 2 different things.

A lot of little trumpets complain about 8 yrs of Obama, how he did not listen to them. He enforced separation of church and state which shook them up and make them scared. Then he enforced equal rights for gays...which scattered their beliefs and made them hate. Then came trans rights...and more hate from these lil trumpet christians. (I'm so glad my laptop does not auto-correct christians anymore to a capital C).

We cannot normalize this hate, we cannot walk backwards to enable this hate.

Can we both want what is best for America? Yes, there are many similarities. But we will not walk backwards to enable the bigots.

However, there is hope, hope for you to open your eyes, open your hearts and accept NON-fake news, true love and happiness.

Hope...

(I have a dream)
edit on 25-1-2017 by veracity because: i have a dream speech

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Some people that I love voted Hillary. I'm not heard and they don't have the time neither are wise enough to make sure to make an informed decision if they're going to make one at all. That's how they roll.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

8 years . Get it right. 8 years

I'm sincerely worried for our liberal friends when Trump wins a second term.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join