It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: introvert

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

Agreed, the division is on BOTH sides.

And I promise, if Trump F#es up I will stand besie you to call him out!

That's a start. That is reasonable.

Now we have to agree on what constitutes a F-up.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Nyiah
a reply to: whyamIhere

Plenty try. There are many of us in the middle and on the left who do agree with & support some of Trump's ideas. That's called meeting in the middle on common ground. However, the narrative is that we all must support every idea under any and all circumstances, no matter how poorly thought out for the short term or the long run.

?

Whos saying that? Are you sure you are not talking about the former? You know the old guy that just left? The one that you were a GD racist if you didn't agree with him? That guy?

Any dissenting opinion of any policy idea Trump has offered is met with mockery. If you perceive having been the recipient of such prior, then how can you claim to take the moral high ground by doing the same mockery to others? You won't get anywhere with that. I've acknowledged several ideas that would work well for us. I've also voiced my opinion on others I foresee backfiring hard. For those opinions, I get a whole lotta mouth from people who wailed about once receiving it. Tit-for-tat isn't high ground, it's lowly.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Come to the dark side my ats friends, oh and dont forget its all fun an games till someone puts sand in the Vaseline.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The problem is agreeing on what is actually an F-up and what isn't.

You know, if he nukes someone, we can likely agree that's an F-up ... but maybe not. Who knows?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   
People don't treat each other in real life like they do here.

It is frustrating to read post after post by the same posters who seem to feel morally superior to other posters because they think what they think is right.
If you don't agree, they will call you names, question your intellect and dismiss you.

Because you don't understand their struggle.

These posters would never, for the most part, look you in the eye and say the things they say to you on this sight in real life.

You know who they are.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Let's give our fairly elected President a chance

present

? President?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yup sounds good to me. Polarization gets nothing done except fighting.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

How can you say trump is divisive when all he talks about is "unity" and "we" while the left conglomerate are promoting protest and marches and demonizing all trump supporters which are at least half the country? But trump is divisive?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Tell your fellow Trump supporting conservatives to calm down with the name calling and daily threads attacking liberals.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Most people on the internet don't treat you like they would in real life.

It's the besetting sin of anonymity.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

And now that Trump is in office, you guys (not saying you, specifically) want to have a kumbaya moment and ask "can't we all get along"? Sure.We can get along, but not until everyone has their own moment of introspection to realize where they played a role in this division. We can start by being reasonable in our discussions. If we can't do that, there is no point.

LoL, agreed.

That is a debate I am willing to have mate.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

LoL, agreed.

And we will definitely have our chance to debate those issues.

Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

If you want to throw mud, expect a trebuchet-load back at you.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Some long time ATS members are taking this election way too seriously on both sides, the best bit was after trump won, one poster told me that we where at war now and that i would lose lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

LoL, agreed.

And we will definitely have our chance to debate those issues.

Just remember, if you are really interested in constructive debate, you must be willing to look at facts, reason, logic and concede when you are wrong...as do I.

If you want to throw mud, expect a trebuchet-load back at you.

That's twice I have agreed with you in this thread.

I even gave you other post a star. That's two firsts

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

And did anyone on this site give our last present a chance?

He got re-elected didn't he? He wasn't successful even after that, was he?

And you wonder why we wouldn't let you elect Clinton?

Ahhhhhahahahahaha.

Personal to whyamIhere:

I was gonna try after reading your OP. Can't do it now. CB328 ruined it for everyone.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Agreed, everyones energy would be best spent focusing in on George Soros, Trilateral Commission, CFR, Bilderberg Group and MSM propaganda because they have infiltrated America politics in one way or another and are very much responsible for the current division.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well, that's not entirely true. I'm socially inept and I'm well known in person for saying what's on my mind - quite filterless. I'm either loved or hated(or in the case of my wife, both). I prefer to know my allies and enemies quickly, though.

But I'd say my online demeanor is easier to get along with. An old friend once told me, "You use knowledge like a hammer."

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Most people on the internet don't treat you like they would in real life.

It's the besetting sin of anonymity.

I know.
I'm just frustrated with some of the uppity here who make assumptions and claim the moral high ground.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

We would also be best served to remember that the division existed before Trump, before Obama, and even I think before Bush although for me that's getting hazy to recall. I was in my young and dumb college years prior to that.

So it's really not useful to try blaming this or that president as being the most divisive.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Is that a joke?! He is already proving to be a destructive, tyrannical fascist.

And did anyone on this site give our last present a chance?

Funny how Trump demanded Obama's birth certificate, but does not want to show his, or even his tax returns that he promised to show, but that is ok by his little trumpets!

The trumpets get triggered by people not blindly supporting their God-Emperor!

Is obama calling for his tax returns?

Musta missed that.

Let's see obama's in April.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join