It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Know Some of You Hate Trump...We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Is there no way we can ever be respectful to each other.

I know Trump's election pi$$ed a lot of people off.

So, we are going to be hateful to each other for four years.

I know some of you just threw up in your mouth a little.

We need to. Four years of this will tear us apart.

I'm just as guilty as anyone. But, I love this Country.

It will outlast Trump and so will you.

Let's give our fairly elected President a chance.

3 Days is not fair to him. Hell, Obama had a short honeymoon.

I lived through several Presidents. I hope to see several more.

Everything else hasn't worked...We got 20 Trillion in debt to lose.
edit on 25-1-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Does this mean I have to stop saying "Obama did it" like that little kid on South Park who screams "Simpsons did it!"

I am afraid that this is going to be the new normal in a lot of ways, not because I want it to be but because certain forces in this country will not let it go.

I'm not sure how we find equilibrium.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Trump is such a polarizing figure and I don't believe that's by accident personally. I have no choice but to give him a chance so I will but his polarizing nature makes me not trust him or his/his handler's agenda.

I do agree that we should be respectful though. This site has become such a negative place because of the bickering and arguing.
edit on 1/25/2017 by LumenImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Amen brother.

We are all Americans.(those of ATS that live here)

It is like the Country has lost its mind.

Give the man a chance, if he f#s it up I will be right beside you calling for his head.

But what has been happening is...........disgusting.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

We Cannot Treat Each Other Like This for 4 Years

Well I can. I think the beating should continue till morale improves.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

8 years

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Part of restoring respect is to realize that pretty much every single emotion you feel now ... a lot of us have felt and been feeling for the past 8 years.

And we were mocked, denigrated and made light of when we brought these feelings to light, by everyone from the top down.

We've been called bitter clingers, deplorables by the ones at the top in power and then it just flows on down from there.

So, yeah, I know how you feel, but this idea that no one in the country has ever felt like you do, and that this suddenly signals and new and dark chapter where the country has never gone before is pretty much wrong. You see ... we've been there a lot of us for almost a decade now.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If the liberals want to remain butt hurt for the next 4 years, let them, the rest of us are going to be moving forward and making America great again.the liberals are welcome to join us or they can stay by the side of the road thrashing around and screaming, it`s their choice but if they choose not to join us they are only hurting themselves.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well said Kets!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Let's give our fairly elected President a chance

Is that a joke?! He is already proving to be a destructive, tyrannical fascist.

And did anyone on this site give our last present a chance?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Amen brother.

We are all Americans.(those of ATS that live here)

It is like the Country has lost its mind.

Give the man a chance, if he f#s it up I will be right beside you calling for his head.

But what has been happening is...........disgusting.

I have taken efforts......I refuse to watch TV news at all... even to just make fun of them or for cathartic effect. Also unfollowed all spaz lefties from FB.....LOL!

Remember.....its the press fault it really is.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

Part of restoring respect is to realize that pretty much every single emotion you feel now ... a lot of us have felt and been feeling for the past 8 years.

And we were mocked, denigrated and made light of when we brought these feelings to light, by everyone from the top down.

We've been called bitter clingers, deplorables by the ones at the top in power and then it just flows on down from there.

So, yeah, I know how you feel, but this idea that no one in the country has ever felt like you do, and that this suddenly signals and new and dark chapter where the country has never gone before is pretty much wrong. You see ... we've been there a lot of us for almost a decade now.

If we don't meet in the middle it will be miserable.

I know what you mean.

But, many people feel strongly the other way.

We have to recognize this to make any progress.

We need progress...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Funny how Trump demanded Obama's birth certificate, but does not want to show his, or even his tax returns that he promised to show, but that is ok by his little trumpets!

The trumpets get triggered by people not blindly supporting their God-Emperor!
edit on 25-1-2017 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

link   

Well no he was a tyrannical fascist.

link   

Yes.

It was the stimulus that had no specifics to it that was the first mistake, but Obamacare was the big problem.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Plenty try. There are many of us in the middle and on the left who do agree with & support some of Trump's ideas. That's called meeting in the middle on common ground. However, the narrative is that we all must support every idea under any and all circumstances, no matter how poorly thought out for the short term or the long run.

I will not abide by that. No one should be expected to in a free country. A citizens should damn well be able to stop, assess, think and not be afraid to dissent. Any demands for absolute loyalty will not be received well, and neither will "what was once good for the goose is now good for the gander." That is a responsibility and integrity cop-out, two poor choices do not make a good one.

The "but some crybabies did it before" from the right needs to end. This is not Crybaby Excuses 2.0, now is it?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Yes, a lot of us did, and then he screwed us like ALL the recent elite did.

So is that your EXCUSE for not supporting Trump, because Obama didn't keep his promises???

Pathetic

edit on 1 25 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

link   
I was just thinking today that some of the more rabid folks both on ATS and off are in for a hell of an exhausting four years. Not even a week in and thread after thread they come, toeing the line and railing as hard as they possibly can, putting on a truly impressive display of mental gymnastics just to bash trump in some new and inventive way.

Why won't the right get tired? Because at the end of the day it comes back to that whole "not my president" meme. He's still the president, no matter how many threads you make pontificating about how Trump is a spousal abuser because Melania stopped smiling at him. So all the right has to do is take a swing, point out the more obvious shenanigans, then go out to dinner and wake up the next day, where Trump is still the president.

It's gonna be a long stretch of time for the left, particularly if Trump does an adequate job. God help them if he goes beyond and does a GREAT job.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Shamrock6 because: Autocorrect on FLOTUS

link   
There's your answer, whyamIhere....

(just read the last few posts
)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If I have a discerning eye at all...

I dare say that the majority of people in ATS would have each other's back in real life against the relatively clueless masses. Irrespective of affiliations, this is a group that looks for things just a little more deeply and sometimes more honestly.

I think here, we sharpen eachother.

To quote the Hunger Games: "Remember who the real enemy is."

Ignorance

ETA: the vast array of topics which are available here... There is no end to learning - learning from others. Unless you frequent ATS, you will lack the ability to acquire so much for your mind. Therefore, this is a strong culture.
edit on 1/25/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join