It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unions switching to Trumps Republicans?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You know, if this trend carries on, I really do wonder what the Democrats' support base will look like by 2020...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
exactly. If Donald Trump supports the unions he will be a great president. But like most republicans and most folks here, you want to do away with unions....

I make 30 bucks an hour on the check, 49 total package. If you think that is to much climb into my boots for a day

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

How is this a step toward unions getting out of politics though? They met with the president and switched parties according to the title of this thread, that's the complete opposite of getting out of politics yet you seem to agree with the move.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Pyle
Why would unions support the party that are gutting unions? The whole right to work BS is a GOP pushed agenda to weaken unions in order support businesses over workers.

As Xuenchen said about right to work, it s not necessarily anti union.

In addition, Obama was (and maybe is currently) the face of the Democratic party, and his pushing the TPP angered many Union people.

In addition, Trump is not viewed as a traditional Republican, and Unions seem to be taking a liking to him, and this will influence other Republicans and Union members.

Right to work is 100% anti union. It allows workers to benefit from Union negotiations without supporting the Union.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LumenImagoDei

It's not but I wish they would. They should be for the workers and be able to meet any side of the aisle as representation for the people who put them in that position . Not aligned to a certain party.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Why would unions support the party that are gutting unions? The whole right to work BS is a GOP pushed agenda to weaken unions in order support businesses over workers.

A good example of your ignorance is Nevada.

Nevada is right to work, yet the Unions in Las Vegas are very strong and have high membership.

The private industry unions are strong and the public employee unions are very strong.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I just happened upon this article by Paul Craig Roberts from today. I don't agree with everything he says, but I am with him on the heart of this article. It goes to directly what this thread is about.

Here are some excerpts.

The Demise of the Left

Paul Craig Roberts

On several occasions I have asked in my columns the rhetorical question: What became of the left? Today I answer my question.

The answer is that the European and American left, which traditionally stood for the working class and peace (bread and peace) no longer exists. The cause championed by those who pretend to be the “left” of today is identity politics. The “left” no longer champions the working class, which the “left” dismisses as “Trump deplorables,” consisting of “racist, misogynist, homophobic, gun nuts.” Instead,the “left” champions alleged victimized and marginalized groups—blacks, homosexuals, women and the transgendered. Tranny bathrooms, a cause unlikely to mobilize many Americans, are more important to the “left” than the working class

All white-skinned peoples except leftists, including apparently victimized women, are racist by definition. Racism and victimization are the explanations of everything, all of history, all institutions, even the US Constitution. This program of the left cuts the left off from the working class, who have been abandoned by both political parties, and has terminated the left’s connection to the people.

Instead of responding to Trump’s support of the working class and his actions in their behalf during the first week of his presidency—Trump’s termination of TPP and his demand to auto manufacturers to bring manufacturing back to America—the “left” has rallied around a victim group—illegal immigrants. The “left” even elevates non-US citizens above the US working class.

Trump was elected by the working class. If the left is defined historically as the champion of the working class, then Donald Trump is their champion and the “left” is their enemy.

Throughout the contest for the Republican presidential nomination and the contest for the presidency, the “left” was allied with the ruling establishment of mega-rich capitalist oligarchs and the warmonger military/security complex against Trump. As Trump’s presidency begins, it is the “left” that wants Trump impeached and delegitimized, precisely the goals of the war- mongers and the mega-rich and their presstitutes.

The question is: Can Trump stand for the working class when both political parties and the presstitute media, the think tanks, universities, environmental organizations, military/security complex, Wall Street, and courts stand against the working class?

Who is going to help Trump help the working class?

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I fear that unions are becoming republican. And then deportation.
Wait for in 2 years when a sociologist does a TED talk telling demsthey are ****** in a hip trendy way.
The democrats will do whatever it takes to maintain their base

Scary!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes they will lose union votes,the unions see all the work being shipped to Asian countrys,and the advant of employee staffing companys,cutting them out of the picture,they saw reality

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Democrats haven't been for jobs or the working man in almost two decades. It only makes sense they transition over.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join