It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you ever see OLd Europ declaring war against US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Would they declare war on america? WOuld they win? Could it happen in the near future?

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Let's just be friends!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Nations have no permanant allies or friends, only permanant interests

posted on Jan, 29 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I can see it happening eventually, but not in the near term.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
As nations everything is possible, but as people i think US and Europe are very similiar in many terms and most americans share ancestors from Europe, so i only see cooperation between these two, its not reason to go for war if theres some disagreements in political level, politics change in the end. So hopely wont see that day in my lifetime. And if theres some warmongers, they sure can find their enemys elsewhere than EU, also as your said "Do you ever see old europe declaring war against US" no, only if provoked and i think that should be act of war from US side to consider declaring war. Its only lose, lose scenario at the moment.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is another thread that has no logical to it. As i said in another thread, with the same theme to it..."The EU is going to take over America". Its pure rubbish and just American propaganda again, this time its about the EU not China.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is another thread that has no logical to it. As i said in another thread, with the same theme to it..."The EU is going to take over America". Its pure rubbish and just American propaganda again, this time its about the EU not China.

Infi: wonder if you noticed that the 2 threads you mention are posted by the same guy ...

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Infi: wonder if you noticed that the 2 threads you mention are posted by the same guy ...

It was the first thing i noticed.

*coughs* troll *coughs*

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It would end in mutual thermonuclear obliteration so I doubt it will happen.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It would end in mutual thermonuclear obliteration so I doubt it will happen.

Doubtful. Britain likes America and France doesn't have the balls. Unless, of course, Franch gives it's nukes to Brussles..

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No, definitly not. Its practically inconceivable, short of something radically altering Old Europe or the US. Democracies have a bizzare habit of not going to war with one another.

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I regret having to make this post as it will only give you the points you're clearly after...

The idea of the US and Europe declaring war on one one another is rediculous, for a multitude of reasons that I'm sure you know already. You alreasy have an enemy, remember? "Terror!". The terror is coming to get you! It's going to steal your freedom! Be afraid! Vote Republican!

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not the old Europe, but maybe a new europe....

I expect unofficial proxy wars on African oil in the midterm , this will not lead to all out war. Just like the postcolonial wars in the 50's and 60's between USA/Soviets didn't lead to nuclear exchange. The difference, not about ideology this time, but purely resources....

The French do however have the ambition to turn the europe from a joint venture into a real empire, with lots of flags and heroic tickertape parades and paris as the very center of the universe.

they will want to claim part of the moon etc. The Germans, who have become the among the most reasonable people after WW2 will try to calm down the French sense of adventure, also the Brits who have to balance interests on both sides of the atlantic will try calm down France, but eventually they will get cocky enough to physically step on american toes, backed by the Chinese.

Well, you heard it here first, invade france while you still can

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 31-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I dont really understand whats with French? It seems easy target cause not agreeing with US in everything, but it has own intrests too, alone millions muslims populated French cause political pressure, they dont wish to see Eiffel tower to be turned in to dust for nothing. So bashing French seems more of a joke. I dont see it having power to step on US toes, you see it in EU parlament near futere when this "imperialist" ideas have been turned down by majority. Ambition shouldnt be bad thing, it just strives us to new archieviments.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Oh I quite sure that europe will launch a full scale invasion, hell we will invade through los angeles so all americans liveing there RUN!
I believe luxomburg will lead the assualt or mabye sweeden and think the UK will send in our secret weapon.....english football fans.
Lets see the 7th cav hold up against THAT!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Why the hell would we attack you?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What an absolutely brilliant idea! Surprised nobody thought of it before!

But hold on a minute! Have to be sure of our allies -

France - nah! Remember 1914 and 1940? Not too much of a stomach for a fight. We had to get them out of the crap and they'd stab us in the back because of Agincort and Crecy and for burning Joan of Arc. Just ask 'em for La Legion Etranger! Nuff said.

Germans - Better take them. Good fighters, used to obeying orders BUT got to keep a tight rein of them or they'll try to take over the world!

Belguims - l should think not. Put them in factories making chocs and coffe for our rations.

Italians - God no! Too busy loving, eating and cooking pasta and driving fast cars. Better leave 'em to do what they do best! Lucky buggars.

Danes and Dutch - Oh yes please! Both countries have raised really good units and are very capable fighters.

Norweigens - HELL YES! Did you see the way they fought those 'Walkers' in the Empire Strikes Back! We need them! Oh Please - cant we take them?

Greece - Well - maybe. At least we could take a battalion or ten dressed in their national costume - should make the yanks die laughing!

Turkey - They would be a delight!

Swiss - Too busy making billions from gold stolen by the Nazis.

Sorry - but I'm bored now! A very good idea - well thought out and well presented. Never been done before.

Pick on a bigger country, declare war, loose and get.............Buggar!

It HAS been done before. Peter Sellers did it. In a film.

Now what was that called....................................

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
What an absolutely brilliant idea! Surprised nobody thought of it before!

But hold on a minute! Have to be sure of our allies -

France - nah! Remember 1914 and 1940? Not too much of a stomach for a fight. We had to get them out of the crap and they'd stab us in the back because of Agincort and Crecy and for burning Joan of Arc. Just ask 'em for La Legion Etranger! Nuff said.

They might proof good for blowing them selves up while shooting people down with their Le Fa-Mas wonder rifle

Germans - Better take them. Good fighters, used to obeying orders BUT got to keep a tight rein of them or they'll try to take over the world!

They are just like a big old german sheppard aren't they? They make excellent guns...

Belguims - l should think not. Put them in factories making chocs and coffe for our rations.

They make good guns too! we need them

Italians - God no! Too busy loving, eating and cooking pasta and driving fast cars. Better leave 'em to do what they do best! Lucky buggars.

Yeah, their army is questionable, they have some interesting armor, but nothing strikes me as super cool...

Danes and Dutch - Oh yes please! Both countries have raised really good units and are very capable fighters.

As a dutchman, I take this as a great compliment, but we are a bit too much of a pacifist and we smoke too much weed in the Army, not kidding.

Norweigens - HELL YES! Did you see the way they fought those 'Walkers' in the Empire Strikes Back! We need them! Oh Please - cant we take them?

Yeah, they have a secret Snow Speeder base y'know

Greece - Well - maybe. At least we could take a battalion or ten dressed in their national costume - should make the yanks die laughing!

Or you could have them show US troops what greek sex is all about

Turkey - They would be a delight!

The Turkish must be viscious fighters, the US prop-aganda machine will make them look like "Muslim Extremist" while they are the most westerinzed muslim nation.

Swiss - Too busy making billions from gold stolen by the Nazis.

Just tell them to take Fort Knox
with their glocks and Steyr AUGs

Sorry - but I'm bored now! A very good idea - well thought out and well presented. Never been done before.

It's fun though

Pick on a bigger country, declare war, loose and get.............Buggar!

It HAS been done before. Peter Sellers did it. In a film.

Now what was that called....................................

Ofcourse we are not serious, but I have thought: Why doesn't europe invade the US so we could see Bush get ousted...Bugger...eh?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I cant understand that questions, why should "old europe" (wtf is old europe? Europe is an geographical area, and there is no new or old part, europe is just europe...) should attack the USA, but let me see for the possibilites:

EU GDP: bit ahead of the US, will get even more especial by new members

EU Population: 454,6 Million people

US GDP: bit below of the EU ones, will get lower compared with the EU ones in future

US Population: 290 Million people

Technology: EU and US have almost the same standards

Possible number of soldiers: EU can have 54% more

Number of Soldiers: Already in EU more

Number of modern weapons in use: in EU less, Eu has just 50% of the US Budget, so it has even with more soldiers and same technology yet less of the modern equipment

IF there was a war, at first, the US would be stronger, cuz it has a bigger existing military, later the EU would be stronger, cuz it has more people and a higher GDP by same technology standards, what would make possible a bigger military with a higher budget, but in the END, the one that would be near to loose, would use his Nukes to destroy the enemy, the enemy would do the same, and then the world would get destroyed at all

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wodan
wtf is old europe

US secretary of Defense Rumsfeld refered to 'old europe', meaning, apparently, places like France, Italy, Germany, traditional great powers and what not, as opposed to 'new europe', meaning former soviet bloc states and probably turkey.

Possible number of soldiers: EU can have 54% more

If it drafts its entire population, sure.

Number of Soldiers: Already in EU more

You mean the bases in europe right? IE, the EU would have to get ride of the US troops in europe, then invade the US, while also having Centcom based in Qatar coordinating an attack in the east.

Number of modern weapons in use: in EU less, Eu has just 50% of the US Budget,

? The EU spends an amount equivalent to half of what the US spends on its military? Thats quite surprising.

cuz it has more people and a higher GDP by same technology standards

But can the public in the EU be made to fight the US? I suspect americans would be more willing to sign up for war in central europe than swiss and dutchmen would be willing to fly over to invade massachusettes.

Plus the US controls the majority of anything like GPS.

, the one that would be near to loose, would use his Nukes to destroy the enemy,

THe US would respond to a declaration of war on it by the EU with a nuclear first strike, not see if they can win first off. I suspect that US nuke stockpiles are much larger than EU stockpiles. Of course, the EU only needs to attack one capital. THen again, a US nuke strike on the capital-coordinating center of the EU might result in member states leaving the union.

Also, considering that Russia probably is assasinating leaders (or attemping) of former soviet states, in an effort to reel them out of the EU and into a russian coalition, would the russians join the EU in an anti-US war? Bush and putin seem to get along, perhaps putin might figure he can deal with the US without going to war with it, and even opt to ally iwth the us, fortify its holdings in former warsaw pact states, and even extend into 'old europe' itself?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join