It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake News Repository for Fake News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sad_eyed_lady

No, just a request to pin this whole thread to the top of the forum.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There is already a repository for "fake news":

Here.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Let's look at the real fake news:

In 2014, no less than the leftwing Washington Post published a study backing up Trump's claim about potential illegal voters.

The Daily Liar Wire

Here is the leftwing Wall Street Journal reporting the claim that Trump would have won the popular vote if not for voter fraud:

WASHINGTON—President Donald Trump, repeating an assertion that lacks supporting evidence, told a meeting of congressional leaders Monday that he would have won the popular vote in November if not for voter fraud, according to three people familiar with the discussion.

The Wall Street Journal

Note: this reporting is second hand, but reflects statements that President Trump has said on record. He is a monumentally poor sport.

In order to win the popular vote, Trump would have needed an additional 2,9000,000 votes. Here is what the paper used to support the Daily Wire's claim actually said:

In 2008, the proportion of non-citizens who were in fact registered to vote was somewhere between 19.8% (all who reported or had verified registration, or both) and 3.3% (11 non-citizen respondents were almost certainly registered to vote because they both stated that they were registered and had their registration status verified). Even the low-end estimate suggests a fairly substantial population of registered-to-vote non-citizens nationwide. Out of roughly 19.4 million adult non-citizens in the United States, this would represent a population of roughly 620,000 registered non-citizens

The original paper.

So, on item one we see two red flags alerting us to bad or manipulative reporting: 1) It links to an article on its own site to justify a claim. 2) It does not link to the original source that supposedly supports the claim.

2. To Hurt Trump, ABC News Deceptively Edits Ari Fleischer

Note that this is an accusation that leads with a statement of deliberate intent, not an objective report of what actually happened. Here is what the site they used to justify the accusation said:

ABC News apologized Tuesday after the Monday night edition of Nightline edited a quote from former George W. Bush press secretary Ari Fleischer in a way that made it appear that he was more critical of current White House press secretary Sean Spicer than he actually was.

“[Spicer’s] briefing made me uncomfortable. It was too truculent, too tough. It looks as if the ball was dropped on Saturday,” Nightline quoted Fleischer as saying.

A biased secondary source.

What ABC had to say:

Nightline aired a segment Monday night about the first three days of the new administration including Sean Spicer’s statement to the press on Saturday. As part of the report, we interviewed former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer. In editing the piece for air, his quote was shortened and as a result his opinions mischaracterized. We are fixing the piece online to include his full quote and context. We apologize and regret the error.

ABC. [Emphasis mine. --DJW001]

Link to biased secondary source: check. Note that ABC clarified the situation and apologized, something President Trump has never done. Remember Obama and Clinton founded ISIS?

3. Media Falsely Claims Trump Removed Bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from Oval Office

A tweet is not reportage. Besides, there is no way of knowing if the bust was removed and then replaced after the tweet. Nothing either way.

I could go on, but I think you get the picture. Never take a story at face value. Dig into its sources and see what the story really is.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There is already a repository for "fake news":

Here.

LOL going viral.

Good one !!

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Fakestream media, which promptly has attacked Le Pen in France and Wilders in The Netherlands, in recent days will soon have to backtrack, as the legal proceedings against these people will suddenly be dropped by prosecutors. How will EU media react and what will they publish as their neo-liberal agenda gets hit by reality?

With quick and dismissive newspaper titles, such as: Case against ..... dropped by prosecutor .... because .....

And that's pretty much the whole article they will have to publish.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is very weird!
Snowden: "The political aims of terrorists are countered when the media highlight the victim rather than the culprit. Show the cost, not the criminal"

This sounds like a subversive trick! Why is Snowden asking to show the cost and not the criminal? I say that's more like a fetish that the west has been promoting in the past decades, to make a show out of terrorism!
Instead I say, time to show the criminals what happens to them. It is not a good idea to demoralize society with western orchestrated "artificial sense of impotence". Rather, it is time to strike back against the culprits with all necessary means.
Probably it's time for nuclear weapons on western backed terrorists and their "backers" wherever they might be!

Which Snowden is he? Last time I counted there were 3 Snowdens. I guess he's the German one.
edit on 3-4-2017 by Flanker86 because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Fakestream media, which promptly has attacked Le Pen in France and Wilders in The Netherlands, in recent days will soon have to backtrack, as the legal proceedings against these people will suddenly be dropped by prosecutors.

What legal proceedings? Wilders lost an election, and as far as I know there are no legal proceedings against Marine Le Pen. Could you link to your fake news source please?

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Well said, i was going to point the op's 8 threads in Ludicrous Online Lies too.

2 threads in the first page alone of the hoax list too.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

top topics

<< 1   >>

join