It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia, this is what WE do in Trump's new landscape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In this thread I was rather alarmed and dismayed at the defeatist attitude and resignation that we should just give up and give in to the fact that China will be our new masters.

Nah Uh.

The entire western world has been in similar financial problems before - the great depression anyone? Yes we've got a 40 billion deficit Yes we've got an ever bigger national debt. But guess what? America's is even worse.

So, how do we deal with our problems without just saying 'Hey China, Ni Hao Ma, come buy us' ?

Well it is not that difficult actually, it just requires some major rethinking of our foreign trade policies.

• Revisit the China free trade deal. Categorise certain areas like electronics, textiles, cars and specify that China can make the components but we will assemble here in Australia.
  • The Motor Trade. We sell about 1,000,000 cars per annum. And as of the end of 2017 0 will be made in Australia. How stupid are we? Like the China model, lets move to pure asssembly. Make a law that says any model regardless of make that sells more than 1,000 units per year must be assembled here. By assembly, I mean CKD kits put together in local factories. There could be opportunity for some parts to be made locally too.
  • Infrastructure. President Trump plans to take on many projects. Australia could do the same. WA has been wanting to build roads and rail for years. Other states need work too.
  • Thorium salt nuclear power generation. Australia has loads of Thorium and this technology is a great answer to clean base power generation. We have an opportunity to become the world authority on this and make a lot of money from it.
  • Shale oil. South Australia is sitting on nearly as much oil reserves as Saudi Arabia. President Trump has decreed that he wants to avoid buying off OPEC. Looks like we ought to start digging.

So, you see, there is plenty we can do without hanging off China's coat tails. We just need to get off our butts and do something.
edit on 25-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

edit plz.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Soz, I got trigger happy

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I Agree with you with the thorium reactor,we could make a motza with that technology as it will burn up conventional nuclear waste as well,as for the motor industry with those abandoned factories why not crank out spare parts and accessories for the imported Fords,Toyotas,GM and Mitsubishi's,if you dry up the sales and service they'll come back...theres lots we could do unfortunately though neither of the two major political parties have any forward plans other than winning the next election and obeying their globalist masters for that nice cushy UN job when they retire.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Well it's about time we the people spoke up.

Maybe I ought to run for PM..............

Putin Trump and I would make great mates

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Trump is adopting Australian policy, pure and simple.

Except the Aussies couldn't afford a wall. They rely on their Navy to ensure any refugees are turned back.

Well done Royal Australian Navy.

We salute you. ✊🏻 Roman style!!!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Within 6 months I have the feeling Trump is going to show up the rest of the western worlds leaders as the incompetent dullards they are,will that change them no,like in Queensland with Campbell 'Í know better' Newman not even an electoral shellacking will cause either major party to get new talent,or policies or return to grass roots.

God help us but until Pauline Hanson or someone similar applies a large enema to these 2 parties we are on the road to nowhere

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Great ideas !

Happy Straya Day !

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Good stuff mate... I agree with you 100% on this one....
May I also add for consideration...
If there are any more over-runs in costs/deliverables/dates related to the F35 procurement program, that we pull out of any agreement, demand compensation/replacement for being forced to bury our f111 fleet and related costs. Then go out and buy something that is going to be useful given our environment (twin engine long range)(zaphods comments not required)
Don't forget pushing geothermal energy (rather than shale oil I would recommend...and without the oil subsidies)
Also water pipelines from the north to south....(wa the priority ex argyle etc)
Raise our stakes and claim our parts of Antarctica.
Sell Tasmania to NZ..... oops only joking...

Anyways enuff for now.... time to prepare for celebrations... cheers n beers to ya.

edit on C2017vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 25 Jan 2017 21:07:28 -060031PM9America/Chicago1 by CovertAgenda because: ()

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978
Couldn't afford it? Blaaahh....We were just going to reuse the rabbit proof fences built 100 odd years ago.
So where along the Timor Gap would you suggest we place such a wall?
We salute u back.... Aussie style....oi..oi..oi !!!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sell the farm to China and then nationalise it.

Just a stroke of the pen in parliament . . .

(Edit: I got first dibs on the pen that signs the paper. Really, the simplest answer to the world's financial woes is for every country to push the reset button and take back what is rightfully theirs. The bankrupt elite can then go and get honest jobs.)

edit on 25-1-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: added bracketed paragraph

new topics

top topics

join