It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank You Sanctuary Cities for paying for the wall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

The orders Trump signed Wednesday also increase the number of border patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to be hired.

Awesome then that means I can take the Border Patrol exam a lot earlier than expected. After all i got my 60+ college credits. Just waiting on them to host it.

Trump's order to crack down on sanctuary cities — locales that don't cooperate with immigration authorities — could cost individual jurisdictions millions of dollars. But the administration may face legal challenges, given that some federal courts have found that local jurisdictions cannot hold immigrants beyond their jail term or deny them bond based only a request from immigration authorities.

Im hoping that those funds get transferred to the Wall.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

5,000 new border agents and tripling of ICE agents.

Starts at 1:17:00

Another promise kept. Good luck in your new career!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah I doubt any sanctuary cities will be paying for the wall.

You and I will be though

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Throw the mayors and city councils of all the sanctuary cities in jail for violating federal immigration laws.

they have already convicted themselves of conspiracy to violate federal immigration laws by declaring that they are a sanctuary cities so it shouldn`t be difficult to convict them of actually violating the laws.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

5,000 new border agents and tripling of ICE agents.

Starts at 1:17:00

Another promise kept. Good luck in your new career!

The only problem is the Government takes there sweet ass time in Grading the tests after you take them. I took my local Police Exam 2 months ago and according to the county's website it takes 3 to 6 months. The last exam I took it took them over a year to send me the results. I didn't pass the exam but by then i just forgot about it lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

You and I will be though

They will be paying through the loss of federal funds. "You want to keep 'em - you pay for 'em".

How is that going to work out for California? Will votes be more important than high tech businesses.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

You and I will be though

They will be paying through the loss of federal funds. "You want to keep 'em - you pay for 'em".

How is that going to work out for California? Will votes be more important than high tech businesses.

"You want to keep 'em - you pay for 'em."

Sounds like something I heard another politician say one time.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You and I will be though

Must've been a very smart politician.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

You and I will be though

Must've been a very smart politician.

He was

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You and I will be though

What part of defund the sanctuary cities, use that money to go towards building the wall don't you understand?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The average cost to taxpayers nationally for illegal immigration is estimated at $113 billion dollars. California with over 3 million illegals costs the state taxpayers over $25 billion a year.....the wall cost last time it was being built cost $2.8-3.9 million dollars a mile. I think that we could afford a wall very easily if we let Trump handle the negotiations.

www.fairus.org...

edit on 25-1-2017 by WilliamtheResolute because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

The average cost to taxpayers nationally for illegal immigration is estimated at $113 billion dollars. California with over 3 million illegals costs the state taxpayers over $25 billion a year.....the wall cost last time it was being built cost $2.8-3.9 million dollars a mile. I think that we could afford a wall very easily if we let Trump handle the negotiations.

www.fairus.org...

i bet Trump could get it built quicker then Obama closing Gitmo Bay.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yay, a wall! Now we just need to ban travel to the US from elsewhere. Get a passport, go to the border crossing or hop on an airplane for your "vacation" to the US, and just don't go back.

I'm not saying a wall won't help - it will, its just highly unlikely that its worth the investment.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Top 10 U.S. sanctuary cities face roughly $2.27 billion in cuts by Trump policy

U.S. President Donald Trump's attempt to strip municipalities of federal dollars for shielding illegal immigrants threatens $2.27 billion in annual funds for the nation's ten largest cities, a Reuters analysis of federal grants found.

Trump plans to make good on his campaign pledge to block federal funding to states and cities where local law enforcement refuse to report undocumented immigrants they encounter to federal authorities, White House press secretary Sean Spicer said.

"The American people are no longer going to have to be forced to subsidize this disregard for our laws,” Spicer said.

This would pay for quite a bit of the wall

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

You and I will be though

What part of defund the sanctuary cities, use that money to go towards building the wall don't you understand?

"The Constitution prohibits the president from defunding jurisdictions that won't do his bidding," Markowitz said. "There's nothing in federal law that requires localities or states to participate in federal immigration enforcement.

abcnews.go.com...

Have fun.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It Isn't "the Presidents bidding" it's called enforcing existing laws.

The executive branch can absolutely with hold millions from those cities. And dont forget the Republicans also have the house and senate, they can easily pass laws that will enable them to make it very painfull for cities to remain non compliant.

They can also use lawsuits which would bring the matter to the high courts where the courts will undoubtedly side with existing law. Therefore the cities would then be ordered to comply.

Sanctuary cities wont last long, this administration is moving very swiftly and efficiantly.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

If you like your illegal aliens you can keep your illegal aliens... but it's gonna cost you.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

95% of the funds the federal government hands over to the various states for social, welfare, and discretionary spending isn't Constitutionally mandated in any way, so that argument would likely backfire.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Don't forget that $8.7 Billion dollars was seized in 2016 from Drug Dealers. Redirect those funds to the construction and maintenance of Trump Wall too.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You and I will be though

You can I already spend 90 billion a year on illegals, so spending 15 billion to keep them out is a no-brainer investment.

But Mexico will pay for it, they have no choice.
edit on 26/1/17 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join