It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary Tyler Moore, a TV icon, has passed away today at the age of 80.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
More and more celebrities and musicians from my cherished childhood are passing away, and makes my own clock tick louder...
Another Icon gone but not forgotten...

My feelings exactly! RIP Mary!

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

So what was so important about Mary Richards, the woman Ms. Moore embodied on The Mary Tyler Moore Show from 1970 to 1977? The norm for female characters in the early decades of television was in the role of “housewife” on shows like Father Knows Best, Leave it to Beaver, and The Donna Reed Show. But there was a smattering of mature single women, even in the time before Mary Richards.

n the 1950s, the leading character in Our Miss Brooks was an outspoken and confident high school English teacher. On The Lucy Show, in the 1960s, Lucy, a widow, worked in a bank and lived with her divorced best friend. The principal goal of Miss Brooks, however, was to snag a marriage proposal from the dreamy but clueless biology teacher, and the hunt for husbands was also on the top of the agenda of both Lucy and Vivian.

Source

RIP and as well as history for us women that should be remembered as TV heavily reflected upon pop culture(even more so then).

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Sad news....she was a great talent....and a positive role model for women.
RIP

dup thread, now closed
www.abovetopsecret.com...

<< 1   >>

join