It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary Tyler Moore, a TV icon, has passed away today at the age of 80.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
No link provided as yet, but was just announced on Fox.

RIP, Ms. Moore....You were one of America's favorites!!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I thought she had passed away 5-10 years ago.

#NotMandelaEffect

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Prayers to her family and followers, May she rest in paradise.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I modeled my young adult life after Mary Richards (her character from the Mary Tyler Moore Show). She was my hero.

She will be missed.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
2017 noooo

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Do we need a thread every time an overgrown child who got paid to play make believe dies?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
More and more celebrities and musicians from my cherished childhood are passing away, and makes my own clock tick louder...
Another Icon gone but not forgotten...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Do we need a thread every time an overgrown child who got paid to play make believe dies?

Last I saw ATS was a place for people to share stories and or news?

You don't like it? Then just keep walking.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Only when they were an American icon and represented something to a vast swath of people.

The character of Mary Richards was life-changing for young women of that era. That's what made her iconic. She changed something in our culture that was bigger than just a TV character or TV show for the time.
edit on 25-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

Unlike much of the tripe on TV today, her character was worthy of attention.
edit on 25-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There are lots of gems on YouTube. Betty White played Sue Ann. She was hilarious. Nowadays, she could be sued for sexual harassment! lol

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Mara Buxbaum [publicist] said in a statement she died in the company of friends and her husband, Dr S. Robert Levine.

BBCnews.com - US actress Mary Tyler Moore dies aged 80.

No cause of death mentioned. Just that statement. Sad news.

She changed society, not just television. The repressed 50s saw the answer in The Dick van Dyke Show where (*gasp*) they talked about having children! And even went so far as to kiss and appear to actually care for each other. The shame! Her show in the 70s, with the signature carefree flip of her beret, opened a conversation in America: can women perform as good as men in the workplace? Along with other radical shows like All In The Family the values of 50s America were modernized.

This is not some chick from wealth, spoiled in Los Angeles, famous for being famous, barely worthy of being mentioned on some conspiracy website. Sorry watchitburn, that response is as lame as all the other, “well, people die every day” crap. Sorry society treated you like sh# and your mama spanked your little @ss when you were growing up. The rest of us from families of alcoholics, like MTM herself, have seen enough sh# in their life that if you were bothered to have experienced would crush your worthless soul.

And we grieve a true original soul as we see fit.

PS – Loved her on Hot In Cleveland and That 70’s Show

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you for the link, TEO.

I know that she has suffered with diabetes for many years. When you have that disease, it just adds to the difficulty of treating other ailments.

Betty White is still going strong in her 90's though.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You are welcome.

Maybe if congress adopted stem cell research back in the 90's this (and many other diseases) would not be as devastating.

Betty White had some of the better lines on Hot In Cleveland! They ladies were talking about going on a bender (drinking binge, part of the plot) and using social media and forums to keep in touch with other members. Betty had to say, "Why that is my screen name!" Somebody said, "What?" "Bender Over," and she could not keep a straight face!

I watched the "switched at birth" episode of the Dick van Dyke show over New Year's. It is still pretty funny!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Rip Mary...........watched you every week on TV. You were part of a lot peoples lives back in the day.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No, we don't have to have one, but we can if we want to. I'm pretty sure ATS isn't running out of server space, so I don't see the problem.

Really have a grudge against actors though, huh?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

RIP Mary. I loved her show when I was a child. Just a legend.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

She was one of the greats!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

LOL, YES! The usefulness of a good bra cannot be overrated!

I am being deadly serious.

edit on 25-1-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well, you make threads and aren't even paid. We live with what we live with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join