It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians say Obama’s last-minute $221 million payout frozen by Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: xuenchen

Good, that money can be used on infrastructure here at home. Time for the world to start paying their own damn way and stop relying on us going into debt. Trump has already fixed a lot of this crap.

I was going to suggest putting it toward the national debt, but it wouldn't amount to one half of one day's worth of interest on the debt.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Congress had initially approved the spending

idiots giving away tax money when we are so deep in debt and in need of so much right here in the U.S.A

221 million will buy a lot of bricks for The Wall
edit on 25-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

He'll hold Mexico responsible by threatening to pull out of NAFTA. What does the average American need that for? So they can buy a more affordable car when they lose their job at the car manufacturing plant? That's been Obama's logic. He serious even told people to "get over it," as the jobs would be automated in the future. So... sell the jobs now, because in 20 years they might not exist anymore... and just suck on my teat in the meantime.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Good, that money can be used on infrastructure here at home. Time for the world to start paying their own damn way and stop relying on us going into debt. Trump has already fixed a lot of this crap.

What exactly has he fixed yet.......

There's lots of talk but as far as I'm aware of nothing has been "fixed" and "finalized" yet

Your statement is fake news

He may be fixing a sieve. Plug that money leak and use it for the needs here in the US.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

But, how are we going to get everyone to like us if not giving them money to be our friends????

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What exactly has he fixed yet.......

There's lots of talk but as far as I'm aware of nothing has been "fixed" and "finalized" yet

Your statement is fake news

Pretty sure EVERY post here is an opinion piece, to assume otherwise is to be ignorant

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

It wasnt pesos

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
good. we should also stop meddling in business not our own period, not just stop putting our noses where it doesnt belong when we want a pissing match between the 'parties'....

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's only been 4 days and he's already fulfilling his campaign promises with 9 executive orders regarding infrastructure, trade, and immigration. It's time to stop holding your breath and let things get done.

And lol @ the fake news remark.

I'm not the one saying he fixed anything

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Geezys H christ

It's only the third day.

I'm not the one claiming he "fixed"anything so It doesn't matter

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

You're so right! Let's look at all the aid to Israel next and cut all of that as well, all that money can help so many lives back here at home, infrastructure, jobs etc... I'm all for it.

I just hope it doesn't end in hypocrisy where some countries get aid taken away while others get more.

Not hypocrisy, REALITY.

Palestinians- ruled by Hamas, terrorist outfit - NO MONEY, as it should be.
Israel - democracy - Money for them is OK

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: Kharron

You're so right! Let's look at all the aid to Israel next and cut all of that as well, all that money can help so many lives back here at home, infrastructure, jobs etc... I'm all for it.

I just hope it doesn't end in hypocrisy where some countries get aid taken away while others get more.

Not hypocrisy, REALITY.

Palestinians- ruled by Hamas, terrorist outfit - NO MONEY, as it should be.
Israel - democracy - Money for them is OK

Um, no. If Trump's so bent on putting his proverbial money where his mouth is and getting us out of debt, then we're not Israel's piggy bank, either. No country is entitled to treat the US like mommy and daddy doling out an allowance. The only thing we're obligated to do out of straight up kindness is provide food and medical relief post-disasters. MAYBE post-conflicts as well, depending on the context of the damned conflict to being with. That's. It.

If Israel wants to exist, it needs to prove it can stand on it's own two legs, by itself, like any other country.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Granted it's less than a week into his Presidency, but man, everything Trump has been doing has been spot on, at least as far as I'm concerned. He has definitely surpassed my expectations. Obviously things could change, if he does things I don't like I will certainly be critical, but so far nadda. I don't see why we should be giving anti-American Palestine $200+ million of American taxpayer money? That could change the lives of thousands of Americans in the inner cities, let's focus on them!
edit on 25-1-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion that some of that money was meant or has come back to the US and ended up in some of these political "Foundations".

Kinda like a "Hey buddy, here's 221mil for 'Hospitals' and stuff looking forward to seeing you at the next fundraiser ball wink wink "

top topics

<< 1   >>

join