It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians say Obama’s last-minute $221 million payout frozen by Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Now we have "sources" claiming the money "authorized" by the Obama Administration last Friday going to Palestine is being frozen by the Trump Administration.

The story is coming from an Israeli story saying a Palestinian source says it's frozen.

What is going on here?

Always "sources" and other "inside sources".

Palestinians say Obama’s last-minute $221 million payout frozen by Trump

Source says State Department has notified Ramallah the funds will not be immediately available, as it examines the transfer

The Trump administration has informed the Palestinian Authority that it is freezing the transfer of $221 million which was quietly authorized by the Obama administration in its final hours on January 20, a senior Palestinian source has told The Times of Israel.

Original story about the "money"....
Obama released $221M to Palestinians in final hours

The Obama administration sent $221 million to the Palestinian Authority on Friday as President Obama prepared to leave the White House for the last time, The Associated Press reports.

The outgoing administration formally notified Congress of the decision just hours before President Trump was inaugurated.

Congress had initially approved the spending. But two House Republicans, Reps. Ed Royce (Calif.), who serves as the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Kay Granger (Texas), who is on the powerful Appropriations Committee, put holds on the aid money because the Palestinian Authority was seeking membership in international organizations.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wish he could have froze the 500 million that just went to the Green Climate Fund.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Good, that money can be used on infrastructure here at home. Time for the world to start paying their own damn way and stop relying on us going into debt. Trump has already fixed a lot of this crap.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Star and flag.

I hope this can be verified because this is huge news, great news.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Wow, why couldn't we get some of our own struggling impoverished Americans on Obama's last minute payout list?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
www.snopes.com...

it's humanitarian aide that was approved to be sent already. but then a couple of congressmen got upset because the palestinians were making moves to become members of some international groups and wanted the money held up... which the president was not obligated to do and he chose not to...

here's another site with the story, which I believe says about the same thing... I just didn't feel like turning my ad blocker off to read it...
www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 25-1-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Good, that money can be used on infrastructure here at home. Time for the world to start paying their own damn way and stop relying on us going into debt. Trump has already fixed a lot of this crap.

What exactly has he fixed yet.......

There's lots of talk but as far as I'm aware of nothing has been "fixed" and "finalized" yet

Your statement is fake news

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Wish he could have froze the 500 million that just went to the Green Climate Fund.

You would think Obama understood that the way to insure the money got to its intended beneficiaries was to send it in "cash"....like the $400 million cash ransom to Iran.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Outstanding post E !!!
I was just reading the formal print on this .

Buck

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Geezys H christ

It's only the third day.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

You're so right! Let's look at all the aid to Israel next and cut all of that as well, all that money can help so many lives back here at home, infrastructure, jobs etc... I'm all for it.

I just hope it doesn't end in hypocrisy where some countries get aid taken away while others get more.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It's only been 4 days and he's already fulfilling his campaign promises with 9 executive orders regarding infrastructure, trade, and immigration. It's time to stop holding your breath and let things get done.

And lol @ the fake news remark.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Can this be diverted towards the wall?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There's lots of talk but as far as I'm aware of nothing has been "fixed" and "finalized" yet

President Trump 'fixed' the TPP.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Can pay for the US embassy move to Jerusalem.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Geezys H christ

It's only the third day.

And on the 7th day he will rest from all of his work, but not before giving one last middle finger to the mainstream media....

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good!!!

edit on 25-1-2017 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Congress never approved it, it was an illegal deal in the first place at the eleventh hour. He had no business doing it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
AMERICA FIRST!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

or, we can just keep the money and make due with the embassy we have and have less money we have to borrow...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join