It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I phone the police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I will keep this short.

My neighbor has been having a very loud argument with his junkie son and his mate for the last 2 hours. They argue frequently but today it's been really bad lots of sounds of crashing and their dog won't shut up. Now I know from previous experience that this dude son is a nasty piece of work so not sure I want to go tell them to all shut up myself.

Would you guys phone the police or just wait for it to pass.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Tough call. What would be the repercussions for you if you did? Does it sound like someone is in danger or being hurt, or is this a noise complaint?

link   
Don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the states, police let them know who called.

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

If you're scared to deal with them in person dont call the police since they'll likely come at you later for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
Tough call. What would be the repercussions for you if you did? Does it sound like someone is in danger or being hurt, or is this a noise complaint?

Meh I would probably have them at the door right now am just waiting it out. If am honest I am more worried that one of them is going to get hurt

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

If you're scared to deal with them in person dont call the police since they'll likely come at you later for it.

I wouldn't say scared more sensible. I don't really think getting involved in a argument with 3 guys 2 of whom am pretty sure are on drugs is the best idea

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

there is your answer

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114
Don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the states, police let them know who called.

Uh...no they don't. Sure as hell not every agency, anyway.

"We got a noise complaint. Sup?" is how that conversation typically goes. 9 times out of 10 the officer taking the call doesn't even have your name unless you say you want to speak to the officer after the situation is dealt with. And rarely does anybody say "your neighbor downstairs in 2B called....in case you wanna go kick his ass later, just sayin."

@ Coin - personal choice: is calling and having an officer come out and talk to them and it's nothing serious more of a problem for you than it would be to find out tomorrow it was a physical altercation and somebody got their ass kicked? Really it's just down to whatever you're comfortable with. I'd suggest calling and letting police deal with it since there's known drug use and tempers are up, and I'd call because I know all too well how annoying noisy neighbors can be.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

If you think someone is physically being harmed, I would make the tough call and call the police explaining the situation.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Next time tape them before calling the cops.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wouldn't say scared more sensible. I don't really think getting involved in a argument with 3 guys 2 of whom am pretty sure are on drugs is the best idea

It may seem a little Machiavellian but you are in a lose/lose situation if you call the law.....however if someone is injured or killed then that is one less to deal with and the other will be going to prison...two birds with one stone. You possibly get new neighbors so it's a win for you. I apologize for the darkness in the suggestion but we live in dark times.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have neighbors that argue but they're man and wife and I think they live for it , only you can make the call as to whether to call the plod or not , I guess it depends on how serious you think it is compared to the other times .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Never ... ever ... call the police.

Unless you should. And then you still better not do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Don't let any personal biases or fear of retaliation get in the way of doing the right thing. If it sounds like things are turning violent, call the cops.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They seem to have shut up now. So either they have all killed each other or they have left.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

That`s actually good advice because they probably will eventually end up killing each other so calling the police now will just postpone the inevitable.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

That line of thinking is why most American cities have become crime-infested cesspools.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I have called the cops because of my neighbor a gazillion times, -no effect,

Then i started hitting the wall with a sledgehammer (with some wooden board between the wall and hammer), yelling that i cant focus on playing Skyrim!

They exited the premises immediately.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
If you cannot be identified and can remain anonymous then call in a disturbing the peace. If something really bad happens you'll feel bad that y out didnt

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'd call...the worst thing that you want in a situation like that is to suddenly have the noise go quiet and you never see one of them alive again.

When I lived on Fort Campbell, I had a similar experience where the people above me were being extremely loud and I heard the sounds of furniture crashing and the like. They had a young daughter in the house, so I called the MPs because I feared for her safety.

It turned out that the guy (a Soldier) was getting abused by his wife (not a Soldier), and she had sprayed chemicals in his eyes and thrown heavy objects and him and everything--it was the last scenario that I thought was going to be the case, but he was unwilling to protect himself for fear of getting arrested and dealing with his First Sergeant and all of that. I could tell that he was glad that I had alerted the MPs, so I was happy about that outcome.

I would report it if you haven't already. Turning a blind eye when someone's safety is a concern is never the appropriate response.

ETA: Seems that they have gone quiet. If it happens again, I'd call.
edit on 25-1-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join