It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netherlands government to counter Trump abortion funding ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

The Netherlands is to set up an international fund to support abortion services hit by President Donald Trump's order to cut US foreign aid.

Lilianne Ploumen, a Dutch minister, said it would set up "a well-financed fund" to allow other governments, businesses and charities to donate.

The Netherlands would do everything in its power to help women "remain in control of their own bodies", she said.

Source

It looks like Donald Trump's international foil may be emerging. Surprisingly it's the Netherlands. Since his inauguration they have released a video trolling the new President. Now they have made moves to counter his reinstatement of the Mexico City rule.

I have to say that if the Netherlands can keep up this troll game it should make for an entertaining four years.

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ok well that th Netherland tax payers money.

If Netherland citizens are happy with there money being wasted abroad....good on them I guess.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Great; so Trump has gotten another country to step up so that the US doesn't always have to be the world’s savior. I’m pretty sure that’s what he campaigned on; looks like he is keeping his promise.

The question I have is why wasn't the Netherlands doing this before Trump?
edit on 25-1-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Why should anyone care? The Dutch will be Muslim in 20 years.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Look at that! Trump is already getting other countries to pay for stuff.

Up next? The wall.

link   
a reply to: Fools

And the funny part of that is that abortion has a hand in that. Dutch women abort their babies. Muslims don't.

link   
The nethercucks will fold lol how long do you think that small arse country will be able to support abortions lol a year maybe two.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

How arrogant do you have to be to think that you should be entitled to another country's money to pay for this BS.

END ALL FOREIGN AID.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Cool.

Was tired of my government giving away money (that it doesn't really have) to other countries all the time.

Some other countries can do it now. So this is a great start.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Until good ol' Geert Wilders gets elected this year...

link   
The Netherlands are too busy getting high to know what the he'll theure talking about. As is a major problem in the US, I'm sure many abortions there are due to sex while being strung out.
Another fantastic move by this administration.

link   
Made me want to hear my favorite abortion song:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
The nethercucks will fold lol how long do you think that small arse country will be able to support abortions lol a year maybe two.

Its like asking Montana to support the whole united states abortions. Well funded lol just wait and see how fast those funds get depleted.

And yes i replied to my own post lol i didnt mean too but hey its kind of like posting in 3rd person lol digital01anarchy does what digital01anarchy wants
edit on 25-1-2017 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I guess this is one of the reasons they became part of the coalition of the willing to begin with. It certainly wasn't their desire to fight terrorism.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
The Donald would do well to remember that little fact as he sets out to create his brave new world

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
If the Netherlands wants to waste it's money then so be it.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Dutch women abort their babies. Muslims don't.

Islam law allows for Abortion. Abortion is legal in most predominately Muslim countries. It's Catholic countries mostly, that seek to ban abortion.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Dutch women abort their babies. Muslims don't.

Islam law allows for Abortion. Abortion is legal in most predominately Muslim countries. It's Catholic countries mostly, that seek to ban abortion.

Islam ONLY supports abortion if the mothers life is at risk AND before the 120th day!

The right to life is God-given. No human should take away that right. The general rule, therefore, is that abortion is not permitted in Islam. However, Islam is a very practical religion. It includes principles to deal with exceptional cases. One such principle is that when a pregnancy threatens the life of the mother, an abortion may be performed. Although the lives of both mother and child are sacred, in this case it is better to save the principal life, the life of the mother. Even in this case, it would be better if the abortion is done before the foetus is 120 days old, for that is when the soul is breathed into the foetus. Islam does not permit abortion in other cases.

What does Islam say about abortion?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Must be why every Muslim I know has about 5 or so kids.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
The Donald would do well to remember that little fact as he sets out to create his brave new world

What having another country fund your abortions is a opposite reaction? He didn't make abortions illegal the government just wont pay for them anymore. I think its like 500 hundred dollars for one and i bet that people who need them will find a way to get them when you look at the alternative of child support and housing and school supplies ect thats way cheap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join