It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron-deficency anemia? Good supplement suggestions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Cook everything with extra virgin olive oil in cast iron. I can't highlight how wonderful cast iron is enough. Don't take supplements, cook with cast iron. Broccoli and dark green veggies, kale spinach and the like.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
So many great suggestions! Sorry I can't respond to each post individually right now, but really appreciate everyone's time and thoughtful replies. Lot of great things for me to look into!

Thanks, ATS!

Okay so I remember red wine is also high in iron. But apparently it can block absorption of dietary iron so you'd want to avoid it. What an evil little paradox!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

The first thing that came to my mind was, eat a good steak! I know, not something you want to do, but if there isn't a bleeding problem - hope there isn't!! - and supplements aren't helping, you might not have a choice. Taking a stronger supplement night help, and might not.

I have always had lower than usual iron, and I do eat meat, so I take a supplement, too. No medical reason, either. it's just low. Being a night person, and rather pale you can imagine the jokes!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join