It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of the sudden we are told we can't trust government agencies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: Grambler

From breitbart

“I probably arrested more than a thousand illegal aliens in my career,” retired ICE Special-Agent-In-Charge Claude Arnold said during an interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. “I routinely encounter people in possession of voter registration cards… I would ask them, ‘Do you or have you voted?’ And often, I would get the answer, yes,” he said, adding that about 100 illegals told him that they had voted.
www.breitbart.com...

And this is just one officers story.

Sorry but I think you would have to be very gullible to believe that story. "I'm an illegal alien and I NEVER leave home without my voter registration card!"

LOL
It's just one man's story, i know. The fact is, that for the last 8 years, our president and hillary both have been trying fervently to allow as many illegal immigrants into this country as possible. California has been giving them real drivers licenses since 2015. They have also prohibited any agency from asking about citizen status. Even at the voting booths. All they need to vote is an ID with an address. This has been designed by our far left gov for the last 8 years. Even hillary ran on a platform of giving undoc immigrants a speedy road to citizenship. Putting us at risk so they can garner more votes to keep themselves in power.

You are delusional. Obama deported more illegals than Bush - more then ANY other president.

If you don't "believe," me, you need to read a book because this is basic # level.

Anything to bash on the left or Obama, though. Especially when it's literally a lie and completely false.

Typical.
Many were captured, then let go and counted as deported. Many.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
All we can do is trust our Guy and trust our side is right. Blind faith.

Unless you're a libertarian and you reject that.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
All we can do is trust our Guy and trust our side is right. Blind faith.

Unless you're a libertarian and you reject that.
all he has to do is the job he was hired to do. That would be more than enough to expect.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The main stream media and many on the left have spent the last 8 years telling us how we must trust governmental authorities. The EPA says something is bad for the environment, so it must be. Intelligence communities tell us Russians hacked the DNC, so they must have. The DOJ says a bunch of police departments are racist, and that illegal immigration isn’t a problem, so they must be right. The IRS assures us that they weren’t targeting conservative groups. The FBI and DOJ said Hillary was innocent, so she must be. All of this with often times little evidence actually shown.

So take one example. When it turned out that in the Hillary email investigation one of the guys in charge of her emails was found on reddit asking how to delete names off of official emails, many on the left (not all) simply said that the fact the FBI didn’t indict proved there was nothing to this. No matter how many questions were raised, people relied on the administrations authority to beat back any criticism. This was particularly true of the main stream media.

Now enter President Trump.

Trump is suggesting things such as looking into voter fraud, and solving violent crime in inner cities, and looking in to environmental regulations. And sure enough, the same people that had an unwavering trust of all of the administration departments under Obama, who claimed these groups were all professional and non partisan and had to be trusted implicitly, are now claiming that under Trump they are not to be trusted. Its been three days of Trump in office, and this talk has already started.

I predict that it is going to get even worse. People that just 6 months ago would have told you that we must trust the DOJ or FBI whenever they make a decision will now be shouting how Trumps DOJ and FBI is corrupt and partisan. The best part is that these people, particularly in the main stream media, can not see the hypocrisy of it all.

So get ready ATS. No matter what investigations into voter fraud, or illegal immigration, or environmental regulations etc. show us, we wwill now be told that these agencies can’t be trusted by the very people who screamed the loudest that they must always be trusted under Obama.

You know that works both ways right?!?!?

Conservatives have been saying you can't trust any gov agency at least since Obamas election. Now that trump is in all the sudden y'all are saying they are trustworthy lmao...

The middle and left doesn't believe all the media , scientists, government, teachers, colleges, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make republicans look bad...

Hate to break it to you, but the right has all the real conspiracy theory people.... and you can't believe in conspiracies with your guy running things.. so expect most of your base to jump ship.

Well I said that I would still demand to see proof and not just take the governments word for it, no matter who is in charge.

You bring up things like colleges not being all in a conspiracy to make Republicans look bad, this has nothing to do with the OP. But you are being intentionally disingenuous if you don't think that Academia is overwhelmingly leftists. This in't a conspiracy, its fact.

You say the right are the conspiracy people, but the left seemed to jump on the russia conspiracy pretty fast, didn't they? Also, I am sure you could go to the 9-11 forum, cryptozoology, ufo, chemtraiil, etc. forums and find many people on the left and right.

And I can believe whatever I want with "my guy" running things. Unlike you apparently, I am capable of being critical of people I voted for.

Over whelmingly leftist due to some vast conspiracy to discredit conservatives, or leftist because that's the view that legitimately makes the most sense to them??

One is a bad thing and one is not...

It really is either conservatism is correct , or EVERYONE else is..

Not because everyone is against them, but because they have chosen to be against everyone else and sell it as a vast conspiracy.

I'ps im critical of them all, we haven't had an above average president since Eisenhower..

I'm just totally turned off by the rightwing propaganda conspiracy circus in legit authority positions.
edit on 25-1-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

The main stream media and many on the left have spent the last 8 years telling us how we must trust governmental authorities. The EPA says something is bad for the environment, so it must be. Intelligence communities tell us Russians hacked the DNC, so they must have. The DOJ says a bunch of police departments are racist, and that illegal immigration isn’t a problem, so they must be right. The IRS assures us that they weren’t targeting conservative groups. The FBI and DOJ said Hillary was innocent, so she must be. All of this with often times little evidence actually shown.

So take one example. When it turned out that in the Hillary email investigation one of the guys in charge of her emails was found on reddit asking how to delete names off of official emails, many on the left (not all) simply said that the fact the FBI didn’t indict proved there was nothing to this. No matter how many questions were raised, people relied on the administrations authority to beat back any criticism. This was particularly true of the main stream media.

Now enter President Trump.

Trump is suggesting things such as looking into voter fraud, and solving violent crime in inner cities, and looking in to environmental regulations. And sure enough, the same people that had an unwavering trust of all of the administration departments under Obama, who claimed these groups were all professional and non partisan and had to be trusted implicitly, are now claiming that under Trump they are not to be trusted. Its been three days of Trump in office, and this talk has already started.

I predict that it is going to get even worse. People that just 6 months ago would have told you that we must trust the DOJ or FBI whenever they make a decision will now be shouting how Trumps DOJ and FBI is corrupt and partisan. The best part is that these people, particularly in the main stream media, can not see the hypocrisy of it all.

So get ready ATS. No matter what investigations into voter fraud, or illegal immigration, or environmental regulations etc. show us, we wwill now be told that these agencies can’t be trusted by the very people who screamed the loudest that they must always be trusted under Obama.

You know that works both ways right?!?!?

Conservatives have been saying you can't trust any gov agency at least since Obamas election. Now that trump is in all the sudden y'all are saying they are trustworthy lmao...

The middle and left doesn't believe all the media , scientists, government, teachers, colleges, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make republicans look bad...

Hate to break it to you, but the right has all the real conspiracy theory people.... and you can't believe in conspiracies with your guy running things.. so expect most of your base to jump ship.

Well I said that I would still demand to see proof and not just take the governments word for it, no matter who is in charge.

You bring up things like colleges not being all in a conspiracy to make Republicans look bad, this has nothing to do with the OP. But you are being intentionally disingenuous if you don't think that Academia is overwhelmingly leftists. This in't a conspiracy, its fact.

You say the right are the conspiracy people, but the left seemed to jump on the russia conspiracy pretty fast, didn't they? Also, I am sure you could go to the 9-11 forum, cryptozoology, ufo, chemtraiil, etc. forums and find many people on the left and right.

And I can believe whatever I want with "my guy" running things. Unlike you apparently, I am capable of being critical of people I voted for.

Over whelmingly leftist due to some vast conspiracy to discredit conservatives, or leftist because that's the view that legitimately makes the most sense to them??

One is a bad thing and one is not...

It really is either conservatism is correct , or EVERYONE else is..

Not because everyone is against them, but because they have chosen to be against everyone else and sell it as a vast conspiracy.

I'ps im critical of them all, we haven't had an above average president since Eisenhower..

I'm just totally turned off by the rightwing propaganda conspiracy circus in legit authority positions.
Are you not also mad at the left wing propaganda circus? Why point out one side and support the other. They are both obviously lying to us?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There is corruption in all of the Federal agencies. They just need to stop the deception they are spreading. There are a lot of true things they say too. Like the whole thing about climate change, it is real but some in the government just wants us to collect more money and not fix anything. In fact those Eco-friendly solutions are Economic solutions most times, trying us to spend more money buying things that destroy the environment when they make them. We need to have someone fix things right, we can bring factories back here and have environmentally friendly regulations, but lately they have been making it impossible to accomplish. China pollutes the air and has way less emission standards, that air blows here over the ocean.

Let's give China's people a chance to take a breath of cleaner air and build more factories here and make products to last longer again. They can boost longlivity of products in China too, screw the rich who want everything to die in a few years so they can import more. China can still build lots of our stuff. We need to consider the health of the Chinese people too, don't concentrate all the toxins in one spot.
edit on 25-1-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I don't understand the thrust of your OP.

Who ever in the world ever believed you could trust any of these Government agencies?

Are you saying you did and now you don't?

If that's the case, you're way late to the party!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I don't understand the thrust of your OP.

Who ever in the world ever believed you could trust any of these Government agencies?

Are you saying you did and now you don't?

If that's the case, you're way late to the party!

I guess the title of my thread confused some people.

I thought I made in clear in the first post, but I guess I will try to clarify.

Many Obama supporters shut down all criticism of the Hillary investigation, the IRS investigation, criticisms of the EPA and DOJ, and other issues by saying these agencies were impartial and had investigations and made decisions, and therefore our criticisms were not bnote worthy.

Take the serve issue. Reddit users found information about the man who dleted the meails asking for help on how to take a VIP's adress off of emails. Many on this site and in the media and else where said "The FBUI did an investigation there was no wrong doing. End of story." They said the FBI was an independant agency and we had to trust them. Same as the DOJ.

Now those same people are saying if these agencies say things trump agrees with in the future, they are now politicized and not to be trusted because of Trump.

This is hypocritical.

Does that clear iot up?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Got it and yea.........its very hypocritical. But its typical!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I think the main lesson to be learned is that while you may or may not be able to trust the government; you absolutely CANNOT trust the press.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm convinced that Gowdy is some kind of Southern translation of gadfly. That man doesn't give up when he's on the case.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the examples.

I guess all I can say is that mistrust seems to be a partisan, 2-way street. When Obama-led agencies came out with "facts", some on the Right denounced them, and so I think it's safe to assume many on the Left will act in kind. I'm usually fairly trusting of our government agencies because they tend to do a very good job.

Guess the only thing that could concern me is why Trump wants to start investigations in to things like voter fraud. Does he have any real information that suggests widespread fraud has taken place, or is he pushing for investigations because of his ego. Or perhaps because it is a commonly-parroted issue echoed by the Right Wing in general.

I hope he has real info to go by. Otherwise it's just wasteful of our time and resources.

edit on 25-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

he's trying to figure out if Russia hacked the elections. I'm sure you never supported such notion though.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I have also seen people on the media saying Trumps agencies with be partisan and not to be trusted, and this will escalate as time goes on. They will dismiss any claims made by Trumps departments, while being the same people that told us this agencies were non partisan under Obama and had to be trusted.

Kinda makes your head spin, doesn't it?

But, how is freezing any info coming out of these agencies OK?

It's insane.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: introvert

he's trying to figure out if Russia hacked the elections. I'm sure you never supported such notion though.

Supported what?

Russia hacking an election (I think you mean the DNC) or Trump trying to find out who was behind the hacks?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I don't think there's many people under the age of 80 who have thought they could trust any agency of the government for at least 4 decades now. I certainly don't think anyone felt that way during the past 16 years.

Re-read the OP after I wrote that - I guess as long as you're referring to certain media members, you may be right, but as far as the actual population, I think it'll be business as usual - meaning - apathy: We don't trust the government, and there's not much we can do about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I am a lefty, and in the backward idiocracy that is American politics, folk might call me liberal.

I have always been of the opinion that you should not trust government agencies, and have to independently verify facts, statistics, and evidence for yourself, in order to know the truth of a thing. That does not, by the way, mean "This does not fit with my bias, therefore its not accurate".

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I understand the premise....Trumps' Administration is under attack by desperate Globalist followers

the fact that the 'True-News' site "Shadow Stats dot com" exists and flourished is testimony that the Bush-&-Obama regimes were both manufacturing a false facade of the American Zeitgeist/economy/workforce/cost-of-living/payrolls/GDP/societal diversity

the well known fact that the former Regime instructed the Border Patrol & ICE personnel to NOT do their jobs...
the imposed Open Borders of BHO which circumvented established Immigration rules...which then over burdened the communities personally selected by the DNC to become 'democrat' dominated cities/towns to the detriment of the non-Globalist minded citizenry

the past Administration also placed known terrorist accepting persons into policy making positions within the Federal Government... at least that's what I have read on alt media, true-news resources...from Drudge & info wars on down the line to 'wordpress' opinionated columns by citizen reporters

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, it does make your head spin.

I especially like when you can make a conservative argument and use facts provided from government sources to back it and be told your facts are not trustworthy.

So I guess the government isn't a trustworthy source, ever, unless you use those same facts to support a liberal argument. In which case, those same facts suddenly become absolutely, inviolable gospel.

Yes, I've seen this happen.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

When South Louisiana was flooded last year, many people in Baton Rouge were saved by their neighbors using their own boats to rescue people from the rising waters. The media called them the Cajun Navy. People on the other side of Baton Rouge where it did not flood so bad started cleaning out their freezers and going through their closets. Donating any food, clothes etc that they could to people that had lost their homes. People around here pride themselves on being fairly self suffucient. They made it to where a government response was not even necessary for federal aid.

Now I have seen where Louisiana senate is trying to pass a law that would require "first responder training" for anyone engaging in any natural disaster rescue operations. The government saw how they were totally not needed when you have people working together to help each other and said, "oh noooo....we can't have them not needing us." So they sent in the red cross to "help".

www.propublica.org...

If only more people would realize that they need us and not the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join