It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of the sudden we are told we can't trust government agencies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

the left will still be sniveling.

What else do they have?
They are going with their strengths.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
The main stream media and many on the left have spent the last 8 years telling us how we must trust governmental authorities. The EPA says something is bad for the environment, so it must be. Intelligence communities tell us Russians hacked the DNC, so they must have. The DOJ says a bunch of police departments are racist, and that illegal immigration isn’t a problem, so they must be right. The IRS assures us that they weren’t targeting conservative groups. The FBI and DOJ said Hillary was innocent, so she must be. All of this with often times little evidence actually shown.

So take one example. When it turned out that in the Hillary email investigation one of the guys in charge of her emails was found on reddit asking how to delete names off of official emails, many on the left (not all) simply said that the fact the FBI didn’t indict proved there was nothing to this. No matter how many questions were raised, people relied on the administrations authority to beat back any criticism. This was particularly true of the main stream media.

Now enter President Trump.

Trump is suggesting things such as looking into voter fraud, and solving violent crime in inner cities, and looking in to environmental regulations. And sure enough, the same people that had an unwavering trust of all of the administration departments under Obama, who claimed these groups were all professional and non partisan and had to be trusted implicitly, are now claiming that under Trump they are not to be trusted. Its been three days of Trump in office, and this talk has already started.

I predict that it is going to get even worse. People that just 6 months ago would have told you that we must trust the DOJ or FBI whenever they make a decision will now be shouting how Trumps DOJ and FBI is corrupt and partisan. The best part is that these people, particularly in the main stream media, can not see the hypocrisy of it all.

So get ready ATS. No matter what investigations into voter fraud, or illegal immigration, or environmental regulations etc. show us, we wwill now be told that these agencies can’t be trusted by the very people who screamed the loudest that they must always be trusted under Obama.

You know that works both ways right?!?!?

Conservatives have been saying you can't trust any gov agency at least since Obamas election. Now that trump is in all the sudden y'all are saying they are trustworthy lmao...

The middle and left doesn't believe all the media , scientists, government, teachers, colleges, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make republicans look bad...

Hate to break it to you, but the right has all the real conspiracy theory people.... and you can't believe in conspiracies with your guy running things.. so expect most of your base to jump ship.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The U.S.S.R. Now that was a country that was trust worthy.......a reply to: Woodcarver

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't think anyone on the Left has said to trust government agencies. I think the Left has been trying to point out the corruption of such so that they actually fulfill their designated roles.

I don't think the MSM has stated whether we should trust government agencies or not, I think they simply report on what these agencies release to the public.

I don't particularly like government or the way ours operates but I think if we're going to insist on this style of government and a capitalist economy then we do need watchdog agencies and regulations on corporations can and can't do to the environment in their pursuit of wealth.

Trump is playing a dangerous game that he is not equipped for mentally. Who cares though? As long as he's upsetting 'liberals' it's all good, right?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

From breitbart

“I probably arrested more than a thousand illegal aliens in my career,” retired ICE Special-Agent-In-Charge Claude Arnold said during an interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. “I routinely encounter people in possession of voter registration cards… I would ask them, ‘Do you or have you voted?’ And often, I would get the answer, yes,” he said, adding that about 100 illegals told him that they had voted.
www.breitbart.com...

And this is just one officers story.

Sorry but I think you would have to be very gullible to believe that story. "I'm an illegal alien and I NEVER leave home without my voter registration card!"

LOL

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Pretty much what "incoserv" just said.

Who thinks this just now snuck up on us? I'd say around the time taxes began being collected is a more likely date.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I sure hope you are right on that! However on the other side of that (Gowdy's) coin, It is Government. Ever since My Mind awakened to the Establishments, maybe at nine or ten years old, I have seen the Authorities did not have My, best interest in mind. Sure it all looks good on paper, or from Their mouths, but what is said that They want, (for Our benefit) usually does not come to pass. I still think 'They' should all be held accountable when Making Promises!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
The U.S.S.R. Now that was a country that was trust worthy.......a reply to: Woodcarver

They were good enough for the Beatles eh?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

From breitbart

“I probably arrested more than a thousand illegal aliens in my career,” retired ICE Special-Agent-In-Charge Claude Arnold said during an interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. “I routinely encounter people in possession of voter registration cards… I would ask them, ‘Do you or have you voted?’ And often, I would get the answer, yes,” he said, adding that about 100 illegals told him that they had voted.
www.breitbart.com...

Sorry but I think you would have to be very gullible to believe that story. "I'm an illegal alien and I NEVER leave home without my voter registration card!"

LOL
It's just one man's story, i know. The fact is, that for the last 8 years, our president and hillary both have been trying fervently to allow as many illegal immigrants into this country as possible. California has been giving them real drivers licenses since 2015. They have also prohibited any agency from asking about citizen status. Even at the voting booths. All they need to vote is an ID with an address. This has been designed by our far left gov for the last 8 years. Even hillary ran on a platform of giving undoc immigrants a speedy road to citizenship. Putting us at risk so they can garner more votes to keep themselves in power.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
any doubt about whether you could trust the government should have been removed from everyone`s mind when the Obama folks officially made it legal for the government to lie to the American people. They call it propaganda but a lie by any other name is still a lie.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If Mr (Transparent) Obama says so then it must be good, nutritious and squeaky clean.

But God help anyone listening to Mr (Dark, Opaque) Trump because its all lies.

Is America one big simulation experiment where TPTB throw crap at the peasants and see who loses it first ?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The JFK assignation outed the CIA and FBI and SS as non-trusted organizations years ago, as well as government in general. Any American who trust the government after that is foolish.
edit on 25-1-2017 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I am going to demand proof no matter who is in charge of the government, so why is it that all of these mainstream media people and others on the left are willing to take these agencies word as gospel under on administration and not another?

I'm with you that we should demand proof (as well as accountability and transparency for that matter) regardless of who is in charge. What I disagree with is the notion that left is unique in its partisan inclinations toward trusting/distrusting government agencies depending on who is in charge.

I mentioned a few that Trump has been critical of (to say the least) but as far as the average conservative on the street, is there a 3-letter agency they don't believe was corrupt under Obama? BLS, BLM, EPA, FDA, IRS, DHS, etc — all accused of corruption, lying for the administration, etc.

I think to a certain degree it's common and to be expected. After all, incoming administrations replace thousands of people in these agencies — starting at the top — and the shift is particularly great when the presidency switches between parties.

However, the hyperpartisan, highly polarized political climate we're in now only serves to increase the disparity.

As far as Presidents go, can you remember any being elected while claiming that everything was rigged against him? In my opinion, Donald Trump has fed into and promoted the distrust. In a lot of ways, it seems to me that he's simply picked up where the GOP/right-wing media left off though he went further than they'd ever intended and it spooks them. Much like how they right-wing birthed the Tea Party and then freaked out when the Tea Party turned on Republican politicians.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You like your doctor, keep your doctor.
You like your plan, keep your plan.
That's what I remember most of the last administration. Repeated constantly.

What I trust about government agencies?
Same as Carlin, ZERO.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

With that I fully agree! I still think that was Bull $#!t!!! WTF anyway?!
THAT Still floors Me! Still Pisses Me off!

Also, Most were so asleep it went right past them and "They" don't have a clue as to what was manufactured Propaganda that they just ate right up, without question!? Oh well. I guess You can Wake up some of the People only part of The Time... Alas. Such is life in The States, and on This Planet...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: Grambler
The main stream media and many on the left have spent the last 8 years telling us how we must trust governmental authorities. The EPA says something is bad for the environment, so it must be. Intelligence communities tell us Russians hacked the DNC, so they must have. The DOJ says a bunch of police departments are racist, and that illegal immigration isn’t a problem, so they must be right. The IRS assures us that they weren’t targeting conservative groups. The FBI and DOJ said Hillary was innocent, so she must be. All of this with often times little evidence actually shown.

So take one example. When it turned out that in the Hillary email investigation one of the guys in charge of her emails was found on reddit asking how to delete names off of official emails, many on the left (not all) simply said that the fact the FBI didn’t indict proved there was nothing to this. No matter how many questions were raised, people relied on the administrations authority to beat back any criticism. This was particularly true of the main stream media.

Now enter President Trump.

Trump is suggesting things such as looking into voter fraud, and solving violent crime in inner cities, and looking in to environmental regulations. And sure enough, the same people that had an unwavering trust of all of the administration departments under Obama, who claimed these groups were all professional and non partisan and had to be trusted implicitly, are now claiming that under Trump they are not to be trusted. Its been three days of Trump in office, and this talk has already started.

I predict that it is going to get even worse. People that just 6 months ago would have told you that we must trust the DOJ or FBI whenever they make a decision will now be shouting how Trumps DOJ and FBI is corrupt and partisan. The best part is that these people, particularly in the main stream media, can not see the hypocrisy of it all.

So get ready ATS. No matter what investigations into voter fraud, or illegal immigration, or environmental regulations etc. show us, we wwill now be told that these agencies can’t be trusted by the very people who screamed the loudest that they must always be trusted under Obama.

You know that works both ways right?!?!?

Conservatives have been saying you can't trust any gov agency at least since Obamas election. Now that trump is in all the sudden y'all are saying they are trustworthy lmao...

The middle and left doesn't believe all the media , scientists, government, teachers, colleges, exc are all in a vast conspiracy to make republicans look bad...

Hate to break it to you, but the right has all the real conspiracy theory people.... and you can't believe in conspiracies with your guy running things.. so expect most of your base to jump ship.

Well I said that I would still demand to see proof and not just take the governments word for it, no matter who is in charge.

You bring up things like colleges not being all in a conspiracy to make Republicans look bad, this has nothing to do with the OP. But you are being intentionally disingenuous if you don't think that Academia is overwhelmingly leftists. This in't a conspiracy, its fact.

You say the right are the conspiracy people, but the left seemed to jump on the russia conspiracy pretty fast, didn't they? Also, I am sure you could go to the 9-11 forum, cryptozoology, ufo, chemtraiil, etc. forums and find many people on the left and right.

And I can believe whatever I want with "my guy" running things. Unlike you apparently, I am capable of being critical of people I voted for.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am not saying this is exclusive on the left, but the more prominent people that are this partisan are on the left, namely the mainstream media. You know for a fact that the mainstream media had a love fest with Obama, and took his word at almost gospel. They also attacked Trump more fervently than any candidate I have ever seen.

Now granted, there are places like talk radio and some on Fox that the opposite was true of, but you know the vast majority of the media is leftists. Not only that, but the entertainment industry and academia also parroted this.

These groups shouted down anyone who had questions about the Hillary investigation, or the DOJ investigation into police forces, or people with criticisms of the EPA or IRS, etc. by claiming these agencies that were impartial and professional.

Look, maybe larges swaths of people including media people will claim that we have to again take all intelligence agencies, the EPA, IRS DOJ etc. under Trump must be listened to without evidence, and if thats the case I will be right there with you criticizing them.

But will you at least admit that the people that said we had to trust these agencies under Obama and are now saying on day 3 under Trump that these agencies now can't be trusted are hypocrites?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Sorry that I had responded to a couple here, without first telling You I like this Thread, and Bill Hicks Rocks!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

From breitbart

www.breitbart.com...

LOL
It's just one man's story, i know. The fact is, that for the last 8 years, our president and hillary both have been trying fervently to allow as many illegal immigrants into this country as possible. California has been giving them real drivers licenses since 2015. They have also prohibited any agency from asking about citizen status. Even at the voting booths. All they need to vote is an ID with an address. This has been designed by our far left gov for the last 8 years. Even hillary ran on a platform of giving undoc immigrants a speedy road to citizenship. Putting us at risk so they can garner more votes to keep themselves in power.

You are delusional. Obama deported more illegals than Bush - more then ANY other president.

If you don't "believe," me, you need to read a book because this is basic # level.

Anything to bash on the left or Obama, though. Especially when it's literally a lie and completely false.

Typical.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Can you really blame the guy for claiming the whole system is corrupt? Come on, man.
Even here in his home town the papers routinely had him on the cover calling him nazi, hitler, racist. Big, bold letters front covers.
For MONTHS. You never saw that before. I never saw that before.
Old behind the scenes film catching him saying off color remarks the day before the first debate?
Man saying he's really broke and not a billionaire. The list was appaling and long.
HIS OWN PARTY WAS AGAINST HIM!!!!

We have never witnessed such slant and onesidedness. So, in all fairness, the guy kinda had a point, no?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join