It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of the sudden we are told we can't trust government agencies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The main stream media and many on the left have spent the last 8 years telling us how we must trust governmental authorities. The EPA says something is bad for the environment, so it must be. Intelligence communities tell us Russians hacked the DNC, so they must have. The DOJ says a bunch of police departments are racist, and that illegal immigration isn’t a problem, so they must be right. The IRS assures us that they weren’t targeting conservative groups. The FBI and DOJ said Hillary was innocent, so she must be. All of this with often times little evidence actually shown.

So take one example. When it turned out that in the Hillary email investigation one of the guys in charge of her emails was found on reddit asking how to delete names off of official emails, many on the left (not all) simply said that the fact the FBI didn’t indict proved there was nothing to this. No matter how many questions were raised, people relied on the administrations authority to beat back any criticism. This was particularly true of the main stream media.

Now enter President Trump.

Trump is suggesting things such as looking into voter fraud, and solving violent crime in inner cities, and looking in to environmental regulations. And sure enough, the same people that had an unwavering trust of all of the administration departments under Obama, who claimed these groups were all professional and non partisan and had to be trusted implicitly, are now claiming that under Trump they are not to be trusted. Its been three days of Trump in office, and this talk has already started.

I predict that it is going to get even worse. People that just 6 months ago would have told you that we must trust the DOJ or FBI whenever they make a decision will now be shouting how Trumps DOJ and FBI is corrupt and partisan. The best part is that these people, particularly in the main stream media, can not see the hypocrisy of it all.

So get ready ATS. No matter what investigations into voter fraud, or illegal immigration, or environmental regulations etc. show us, we wwill now be told that these agencies can’t be trusted by the very people who screamed the loudest that they must always be trusted under Obama.

edit on 25-1-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Can you provide an example of someone saying they should not be trusted.

I have not heard anything like that, but I'd like to see whom has.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"All of a sudden?"

I've been aware of this fact most of my life. If you have not known for at least most of your adult life that you can't trust government agencies ... Well, I just feel real sorry for you.
edit on 2017 1 25 by incoserv because: I could

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Can you provide an example of someone saying they should not be trusted.

I have not heard anything like that, but I'd like to see whom has.

Well I started this thread after reading this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd go so far as to even bet he'd claim he's right anyway, blather about numbers and refuse to prove it publicly, insist there needs to be a clampdown, and you won't need the hard numbers to see yourself.

A massive investigation into illegals voting in the election? I don't trust this man. He lies. So why not lie about the results of his investigations too?

I can see that happening too, and the usual suspects on ATS will accept it willingly while demeaning anyone who raises any suspicions about it.

Thats just from about 15 minutes on one thread on day 3 of Trump in office.

I have also seen people on the media saying Trumps agencies with be partisan and not to be trusted, and this will escalate as time goes on. They will dismiss any claims made by Trumps departments, while being the same people that told us this agencies were non partisan under Obama and had to be trusted.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
The main stream media and many on the left have spent the last 8 years telling us how we must trust governmental authorities. The EPA says something is bad for the environment, so it must be. Intelligence communities tell us Russians hacked the DNC, so they must have. The DOJ says a bunch of police departments are racist, and that illegal immigration isn’t a problem, so they must be right. The IRS assures us that they weren’t targeting conservative groups. The FBI and DOJ said Hillary was innocent, so she must be. All of this with often times little evidence actually shown.

So take one example. When it turned out that in the Hillary email investigation was found on reddit asking how to delete names off of official emails, many on the left (not all) simply said that the fact the FBI didn’t indict proved there was nothing to this. No matter how many questions were raised, people relied on the administrations authority to beat back any criticism. This was particularly true of the main stream media.

Now enter President Trump.

Trump is suggesting things such as looking into voter fraud, and solving violent crime in inner cities, and looking in to environmental regulations. And sure enough, the same people that had an unwavering trust of all of the administration departments under Obama, who claimed these groups were all professional and non partisan and had to be trusted implicitly, are now claiming that under Trump they are not to be trusted. Its been three days of Trump in office, and this talk has already started.

I predict that it is going to get even worse. People that just 6 months ago would have told you that we must trust the DOJ or FBI whenever they make a decision will now be shouting how Trumps DOJ and FBI is corrupt and partisan. The best part is that these people, particularly in the main stream media, can not see the hypocrisy of it all.

So get ready ATS. No matter what investigations into voter fraud, or illegal immigration, or environmental regulations etc. show us, we wwill now be told that these agencies can’t be trusted by the very people who screamed the loudest that they must always be trusted under Obama.

All of a sudden? You, and everybody here has been warned about not trusting governments since we were kids. Can you name any government anywhere that has proven itself trustworthy?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Since Trey Gowdy has been appointed Chairman of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security and Investigations and being appointed to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, I have a renewed faith that with Americas most lethal weapon (that's your man Gowdy btw) overseeing the whole shebang, honor and respect will be restored to those offices.

This is what he had to say upon being appointed last week...

“Protecting the safety and security of our fellow citizens is the preeminent function of government. When it comes to our national security, we cannot afford to take risks. The House Intelligence Committee plays a vital role in protecting Americans both at home and abroad through conducting thorough oversight of our nation’s intelligence agencies. I look forward to joining the House Intelligence Committee and working with Chairman Nunes and my colleagues to ensure national security remains the top priority in the 115th Congress.”

As long as Gowdy is involved, Americans can sleep easy.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Am going in early on the side of the OP.

The reaction from the left is what I would expect after the previous eight years of lies, manipulation, distortion, and brain washing.

Obozo took us right to the very edge ... and we're still right there.

Trump hasn't even been the President for a week, but it feels like he's been under siege for two years.

When the vote counts prove him right, when he starts deporting millions and millions and millions and millions of illegals, when he starts vacating terrorists and 'undesirable' refugees, when he get's the US on an America First financial course ...
... the left will still be sniveling.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Didn't trust Obama's government, I won't trust Trump's government.

I don't trust government.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

California has been giving illegal immigrants drivers licenses since 2015.

www.cbsnews.com...

Do you really think they didn't vote with them?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
"All of a sudden?"

I've been aware of this fact most of my life. If you have not known for at least most of your adult life that you can't trust government agencies ... Well, I just feel real sorry for you.

Right, me too. The title of the thread had to do with the fact that many people told us that questioned things under the Obama administration were told that these agencies were non partisan and professional and should be trusted implicitly. Those of us who didn't believe this were told our questions and opinions didn't matter because the FBI or DOJ or IRS etc. had an investigation and showed there was no wrong doing.

Now these same people who said we had to trust these agencies are now saying they can't be trusted as soon as their gu8y is out of office.

Look at the main stream media for god sakes. Under Bush, the intelligence community lied to us about WMD's and the media said we could not trust them without proof.

Now fast forward to Obama. The same media that criticized the intelligence community under Bush and told us they would not get fooled again are telling us we have to take the intelligence communities word on the evil Russians hacking without any proof.

I will choose to have a healthy skepticism of authority no matter who is in charge. The point of this thread is that the people that most loudly shouted about how we must trust the agencies are now going to be the ones shouting loudest that we can't trust them under Trump.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Why would you trust anyone who never tells the truth and who also just decided by themselves that it's perfectly acceptable to spy on every facet of everyones life? Bit creepy if you ask me.

Additionally, isn't it interesting how Trump during his inauguration speech uses the term 'for the people' and then decides in his first few days of office to start making decisions which seem to be 'for the corporations'.

Things are going to get worse

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

From breitbart

“I probably arrested more than a thousand illegal aliens in my career,” retired ICE Special-Agent-In-Charge Claude Arnold said during an interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly. “I routinely encounter people in possession of voter registration cards… I would ask them, ‘Do you or have you voted?’ And often, I would get the answer, yes,” he said, adding that about 100 illegals told him that they had voted.
www.breitbart.com...

And this is just one officers story.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I missed this information about Gowdy, good for them. I have seen numerous sessions of his prior to this, he seems like someone with a lot of integrity and is not afraid to ask the important questions.
And a smart guy to boot

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I find the new found desire to scrutinize the government very refreshing. It has been missing for the past decade or so.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I don't believe anyone recently has done more to erode confidence in the institutions of government than Donald Trump.

Trump on the CIA:

These are the same people that said Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. The election ended a long time ago in one of the biggest Electoral College victories in history.

Trump on the FBI:

FBI director said Crooked Hillary compromised our national security. No charges. Wow! #RiggedSystem.

Trump on the DOJ/AG Lynch when it was reported that Hillary would keep her at AG:

“I mean the Attorney General is sitting there saying, ‘If I get Hillary off the hook, I’m going to have four more years or eight more years, but if she loses, I’m out of a job.’ It’s a bribe. It’s a disgrace,”

Trump on the election (countless times):

I’m afraid the election is going to be rigged, I have to be honest

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I find the new found desire to scrutinize the government very refreshing. It has been missing for the past decade or so.

Agreed.

Just because I voted for Trump does not mean I won't scrutinize him.

I said the day after the election that it would be amazing to actually see a press corp go back to being able to be critical of government again.

Of course, the main stream media has proven already that they are incapable of even doing that. Oh well, we can look forward to at least four more years of the mainstream media telling us how everyone who voted for Trump was racist.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
And how about adding this to the list G !!

www.washingtonpost.com... 6-a453-19ec4b3d09ba_story.html?utm_term=.9b35b9e9c780

The old song entitled "Just a covert operator " comes to mind.

Buck

edit on 25-1-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

WPost won't allow linking the story, Comey under National Security
edit on 25-1-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I don't believe anyone recently has done more to erode confidence in the institutions of government than Donald Trump.

So trump questioned the impartiality of these groups, much as I and many others have. We were then told that these agencies were independent of Obama, and professional and non partisan and we must trust there word.

Now those same people are telling us that these agencies under Trump are all to be not trusted.

I am going to demand proof no matter who is in charge of the government, so why is it that all of these mainstream media people and others on the left are willing to take these agencies word as gospel under on administration and not another?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I think we all knew about the hypocrisy ,lies and spin the left and actually any narcissist worth there salt were capable but 2016 and now 2017 is showing us the extent of it and it is way worse then we could have imagined . Kind of makes it easy to ignore them in a sense .Most of the time a friendly correction is welcomed by any person with some integrity but integrity doesn't seem to be a trait for the most part on the left leaning mind .

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
"All of a sudden?"

Someone got triggered by the title and posted before reading the OP.

lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join