It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Gaslighting - And Yall Are Eating it Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFart

I don't recall it has ever been like this before. Look at the thread titles.
"Mr Trump will be the most honest president ever ",
"Mr. Trump's first day at work" and all the other ass locking threds that even hardcore conservatives get nauseous of. I haven't seen such threads about any public personality on ATS before and I have been here ever since 2008. Hell. Not even Ron Paul had so many ass licking threads

edit on 25-1-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Proof is hard to come by but with 20,000,000 illegals in our country, California passing out ID's and making laws prohibiting officials from asking about citizen status, and paul bettencourts congressional hearing where he testified that...

Harris County Voter Registrar Paul Bettencourt testified before a congressional committee this summer that in 2005, he identified at least 35 foreign nationals who applied for or received voter registration cards. In fact, since 1992, Harris County officials have canceled 3,742 registered voters for noncitizenship. Most important, Bettencourt has records of noncitizens voting in Harris County.
Disturbingly, the noncitizens removed from the voter rolls were identified mostly because they refused jury duty by admitting they were not citizens.

At minimum, the Bexar and Harris district attorneys are obligated to investigate and possibly prosecute these proven instances of vote fraud. An applicant must attest, under penalty of perjury, that he is a citizen to register to vote. Clearly, that law has been violated.

But given the potentially alarming magnitude of the problem, the attorney general should be authorized to conduct a statewide investigation to determine if there is an organized effort to register noncitizens.
www.diggersrealm.com...

It's pretty hard to dismiss unless your partisanship has blinded you.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

I don't recall it has ever been like this before. Look at the thread titles.
"Mr Trump will be the most honest president ever ",
"Mr. Trump's first day at work" and all the other ass locking threds where even hardcore conservatives get nauseous of. I haven't seen such threads about any public personality on ATS before and I have been here ever since 2008.

Cult like behavior. Literally. You have to be really dishonest to not see the amount of blind acceptance into anything Trump says displayed today by some people. Or be one of the cult members.

And they always bring everything back to a false dichotomy "but Obama/Hillary..." because their mind refuses to have a single critical look at their hero.

Trump never had any problem with lying boldly, ever.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
OK Whats gaslighting??

Forget it I don't care just another form of attack I assume. Don't bother splaining I really don't care.

Here's a perfect example of how effective gaslighting can be. It's like the religious fervor of cultism. The object of devotion is faultless, to be adored and protected at all costs.
edit on 25-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

I'm in california, and illegals were at the polls voting next to me. These were not americans. You must not live in cali.... in fact, it appeared I was the only American in there besides the people running the place. It was absolutely ridiculous. They went by address only
No identification needed. Try going to Mexico and participate in their election. They would likely put you in jail.

Wow sounds like some "Storm Front"-esque diatribe you got going on there

I'm a voting conservative myself fromTexas and we have plenty of immigrants here, I even have a few friends that speak hardly any English and are perfectly legal...

Some pretty racially charged talk you got there

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
This whole voter fraud issue.

He has no proof...

~Tenth

In addition, there is evidence that both foreign nationals who are lawfully present in the United States and illegal aliens have voted in recent elections. During this election cycle, noncitizens have been discovered on voter registration rolls in both Virginia and Pennsylvania. 2

And the Office of the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of New York recently announced that it charged a Canadian woman with making a false claim to citizenship after she registered and voted in more than 20 elections.3

A 2013 National Hispanic Survey study by Republican pollster John McLaughlin asked a sample of 800 likely Hispanic voters if they were American citizens. 13 percent admitted they were not.19

In 2014, a study released by a team of professors from Old Dominion University and George Mason University estimated that approximately 6.4 percent of noncitizens voted In the 2008 presidential election. They also surmised that 2.2 percent voted in the 2010 midterm election.20 In addition, the study estimated that 80 percent of noncitizens who appeared to have voted cast their ballots in favor of one party. Noncitizens are believed to have voted in these elections in numbers great enough to have affected the outcome.

Link

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yes, it appears that he has only tweeted it one time, perhaps bringing it up in private conversation, but surely nothing that constitutes gaslighting. Nonetheless, I can go and read about trump "crying" about it in any media publication I so choose. In fact, there are so many articles about it, it would take me forever to get through them all.

So I think we need a re-examination of the question "Who is gaslighting whom?" And finally, "who is eating it up?"

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Trump is my Hero!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: desert

They tell you blatant lies.
They deny they ever said something, even though you have proof.
They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition.
They wear you down over time.
Their actions do not match their words.
They throw in positive reinforcement to confuse you.
They know confusion weakens people.
They project.
They try to align people against you.
They tell you or others that you are crazy.
They tell you everyone else is a liar.

source
I like this one:

3. They use what is near and dear to you as ammunition. They know how important your kids are to you, they know how important your identity is to you. So that is one of the first things they attack. If you have kids, they tell you that you did a disservice by having those children. They will tell you that if only you weren't _____________, you'd be a worthy person. They attack the foundation of your being.

I wonder if Barron would find this familiar?

Or melania

We saw trump engage in these exact sort of attacks on his political opponents , be it their family members, their looks, etc

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

The book written about how we got to this point will be thick. It has been done over decades, involves dark money and billionaire money in media, and major restructuring of our political system in a way not good for us (one party devolved into a faction).

triggered and butthurt he must constantly rewrite reality to not hurt his feelings.

His latest delusional tantrum is because he cannot let go of a fake two month old story!

Infowars Pushed Undocumented Voters Myth Trump Is Embracing

the story is based off tweets from Gregg Phillips, a GOP operative who claims to be the founder of VoteStand.org, a voter fraud reporting app. It also cites a report from VoteFraud.org, though no such report exists.

President Donald Jones Trump. Believer in fake stories to guide his administration. God help not just America but the rest of you out there.

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I'm in california, and illegals were at the polls voting next to me. These were not americans. You must not live in cali.... in fact, it appeared I was the only American in there besides the people running the place. It was absolutely ridiculous. They went by address only
No identification needed. Try going to Mexico and participate in their election. They would likely put you in jail.

I'm a voting conservative myself fromTexas and we have plenty of immigrants here, I even have a few friends that speak hardly any English and are perfectly legal...

And still there are 20,000,000 undocumented immigrants in America. Many with fake ID's. this was brought up in the congressional hearing i posted earlier in this thread. And in Cali, they are given real ID's. Also posted earlier in this thread. Undocumented immigrants have been found voting already. Also posted in this thread.

+13 more 
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Well I'm also counting his advisers and Kelly Anne Conway and such, as they are effectively just mouth pieces for him.

~Tenth

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Are we arguing that there weren't a heck of a lot of illegal voters or just the number quoted?

It's actually about the constant and assumed "reality rewriting" (i.e. lying) by the new US president about all subjects (especially those relating to his own success and the validity of his opinions). Up to a level never reached before in the history of American presidents.

70% of all Trump's statements are mostly to completely false. Let that sink in for a second. 70%
www.politifact.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
no proof? I've dropped this on multiple topics, I can link you to the source the national hispanic survey, it's online. takes about 1 minute to find off google.

IF you guys want to dispute the study or go all anti-science go right ahead and say studies don't matter. But to claim there is NO PROOF is an OUTRIGHT LIE.

edit on 25-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He is selling to those eager to buy..sad state of affairs
Even sadder is the "well, so and so did it, or they all do it kinda thing.
This clown came in and sold everybody on him not being like so and so, or the rest of them.
This guy has a personality disorder at best.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't disagree that there is voter fraud. It's just so few and far between, that it can't possibly be more than a drop in the bucket when it comes to the outcome.

But every time somebody gives me a source, it's always like, we looked at 1000 cases and found 10.

Or 2.2% of illegals.

Those numbers aren't going to equate to 3 million votes on election day.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
Trump is my Hero!

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

where did he mention anybody's race?

+9 more 
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Again, that's not proof that 3 to 5 million illegals voted in the last election.

That is what I'm asking for.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

what about Obama and Hillary bringing in millions of illegals and giving them ID's so they can illegally vote? You think none of them voted with their fresh shiny ID's?

How would having IDs allow them to vote? They have to be citizens to be registered to vote. Or are you saying Obama & Hillary were running some kind of operation where illegals were given fake IDs so they could pose as legal registered voters? Then the trick would be just vote before the real holder of that identity voted, and hope that no suspicions are raised when any of those millions of disenfranchised citizens tried to cast their ballot - only to find a doppleganger already had?

That's quite a long shot conspiracy!! Have you come across any stories of registered voters told that they couldn't vote because someone already voted under their registration?

This might be the most "out there", unbelievable, nonsensical conspiracy theory I've ever come across - including sugar demons!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join