It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Gaslighting - And Yall Are Eating it Up

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Jin wanted some evidence of the collateral damage Trump has caused already. Maybe that was in another thread, though.

Anyway - yes, I am competent and qualified to diagnose. It was my job, and is still my career. I'm a professional, whether I'm sitting in an office or typing on the internet or going to inner-city schools to help kids whose parents are tweakers, or having youth groups to give teens alternatives to drug use. Whether I'm teaching a young mother about baby development, or speaking at a national conference, it's all really me. If my peers didn't think I was legit, I would not have been in those positions.

You can deny that I really am what I say, but you can't take away my education, like it or not.

That is Gas-lighting -- trying to make me feel like I'm insane. I don't fall for that stuff. I used to, because I have known people with serious personality disorders who did the same thing. It is classic. It is the way a victim excuses their oppressor. Abused wives often do that. And there are millions of us who have learned to stand our ground despite chauvinistic crap like that.

Shame on you, BFFT. I'm disappointed.

edit on 1/29/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What do you do now?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Why? You'll just tell me I'm lying.
You'll forgive me for not allowing you to gaslight me. I'm still in the profession.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I've never doubted your education.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You said I was lying.
And by the way, I AM armed, and I DO know how to shoot. So stick that in your back pocket, sir. Lots of us women know how to shoot, and lots of us have been trained in hand to hand combat. We won't back down.

You don't know much about women, I guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I said one or another of the two scenarios was a lie. Deduce from that what you will...your a smart gal.

What I find hard to reconcile is the fact that I do believe at some point you worked in the profession and are educated but you throw nonsense stories out that are so far out of the bounds of the actual events..and you believe them!

I know about my woman and the women in my life, all Trump voters by the way. They are armed as well. Not sure what this has to do with anything however.

So what do you do now? I'm a CNC machinist if you are curious.
edit on 29-1-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Just like the OP is not gaslighting, neither is what you are talking about...

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I agree that Alternet is sensationalist. I am aware of that.
But what sources would you find acceptable? I actually get ALL of my real news from NPR. The problem I have with all of this is that anything factual and intelligent is now subject to "alternative facts". My aim is to get to the truth. When people tell me NPR and WaPo and NYT don't count --- that they are wrong about everything, it irritates me. McClatchy and Reuters seem to be the most sober and real. PBS. Documentaries. TEDTalks.

At the moment I work as a writer, a home-maker, and a caregiver/case manager for my husband, who is a veteran with PTSD and a personality disorder. I live this. My plate is full.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I too look for the facts, that is why I could easily dismiss your claim. Not as fake news but as lets say incomplete. Both have already been covered here and elsewhere.

Yes, you do have a full plate but none of that is the field of current psychoanalysis.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yes, you do have a full plate but none of that is the field of current psychoanalysis.

And yet I spend hours a day looking at peer-reviewed journals, best practices, and current findings and research. Once a professional, always a professional. I still take continuing education seriously, and follow all of the latest science on it.

None of it is current? That's like if someone says they're, for example, a landscaping expert -- but they move into a condo with no yard...and then saying "well, your experience and knowledge about plants don't count now."

You know, I ALMOST feel like we could actually find some common ground, but I'm not willing to keep explaining myself and my credentials to you without equal self-disclosure.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What I find disturbing is that Trumps NLP gaslighting speech patterns are so effective that people, once rational and logical, shut all that down and now spend time rationalizing and covering up his BS. And they are incapable of seeing it....

I too have a background in mental health and imo it "mondo cane" time.

edit on 29-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Are you related to Phage? Your post edits are hard to keep up with.

Sure we can find common ground if you wish to. I don't seek you out to badger you, only for clarification on your perspective. Your stance is pretty firm and unwavering so it's worth looking at. I just don't think you are qualified to deem our current POTUS as insane. He could be and you could be right but that just doesn't seem very logical does it?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What I find disturbing is that Trumps NLP gaslighting speech patterns are so effective that people, once rational and logical, shut all that down and now spend time rationalizing and covering up his BS. And they are incapable of seeing it....

You could have the same argument against the extreme Liberals. Try not to fit everyone into a box and things start to make more sense.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: olaru12

You could have the same argument against the extreme Liberals. Try not to fit everyone into a box and things start to make more sense.

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. At least you are still aware enough, that you are one of the people I was referencing.

People climb into the box all on their own; I don't putem in there!
edit on 29-1-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

LOL!! I'm a writer. I write drafts in stream of consciousness mode -- go back and read what I wrote, and then tweak it. It's the only way I can keep my thoughts organized on the fly.

Now. I was just thinking about you.

How about this: if you are serious about finding common ground, let's find some mutually acceptable sources and then go over what is presented by them.

I read The Atlantic for daily news (subscribed to their newsletter and print rag), listen to NPR radio and look at NPR online. I read Reuters and McClatchy outlets. I look at scholarly articles and watch TEDTalks. Those are the sources I find to be legitimate, intelligent, and substantial. Also, I don't know if you saw it before it was shut down, but watching C-SPAN and actual hearings and press briefings. I can't keep up with all of them, so I watch clips online.

I check out CNN, BBC, and when I can stomach it, FOX. Breitbart is a joke, and it pains me a great deal that Bannon (that red nose is indicative of serious alcoholism, btw) and Conway are his advisors. I find both of them to be smarmy talking heads. It bothers me a great deal that these people are presented as experts on anything at all.

It is truly revolting.
I trust Paul Krugman, Noam Chomsky, Robert Reich, Bill Moyers, Rachel Maddow, Maura Liaison, Jeremy Scahill, and now possibly Megyn Kelly - now that she's left her abusers - to give me serious journalism. I do NOT take Fox seriously and will not go to war with you or any of my family members regarding their shenanigans. The sites I have decided are crap are not going to waste my time and energy telling me lies. I hope you can respect that how you feel about Alternet is how I see Fox. I give equal respect and some of my time to The Hill, Politico, RCP, and other serious outlets.

I do not accept Beck, or Limbaugh, or Infowars, or any of the preachers as valid sources. Any of the acceptable sources I am more than willing to discuss articles and points with you. Being brow-beaten with Alex Jones crap I will not tolerate.

You could give me a list of the sources you trust, and we'll see if there is any crossover.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I do not accept Beck, or Limbaugh, or Infowars, or any of the preachers as valid sources. Any of the acceptable sources I am more than willing to discuss articles and points with you. Being brow-beaten with Alex Jones crap I will not tolerate.

There is our common ground!

I dig through everything. I like to find the quotes, the sources. Lately I avoid everyone's "opinion" until it's discussed here on ATS through the posters that I'm familiar with. If something doesn't pop up, I make a thread. I tend to hold my opinion until I can get enough perspective. I try my damndest to leave political bias at the door because atm, those lines are gone to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What suspicions are those?

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

We agree what we WON'T give any credibility to those radio trolls. Cool.

So ---- what sources do you go to that you feel are trustworthy? Where is our common ground for mutually acceptable sourcing and discussion? Trust me, I would really really like to have a serious, mutually respectful dialogue with you.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: olaru12

What suspicions are those?

That you climbed into the Trump box because of basic insecurities and fear. Trump is a genius at manipulating on an unconscious level.

posted on Jan, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Like I said, I search out the facts. I don't have the time to delve into the deeper meaning of subject matter so I dont have a continuous source that I gather from per say.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join