It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is Gaslighting - And Yall Are Eating it Up

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Felons should be allowed to vote if they served their time.

You don't become a non citizen just because you broke the law, nor should you loose the ability to participate in democracy because of it.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm glad I don't have 500 in my neighborhood. That would suck. My home sits on over a quarter acre. I Think there are 16 people on my street

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Personally I don't think illegal immigrants should be deported unless they do something illegal.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

A felon who has served their time for their crime must continue to be punished?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Isn't entering the country illegally, illegal? Isn't overstaying your visa illegal? Every other country in the world enforced deportation in those instances...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
They were referring to Pew estimates that were published over many years that attempt to document illegal immigrant voting and or possibly multiple voting in friendly districts to this kind of thing, not impossible nor gaslighting, just reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: UKTruth

That's the only proper way to create a voter ID Law, if your point was to prevent illegal voting.

Otherwise, they do it to keep people from voting, under the guise of protecting elections.

~Tenth

That's what needs to be monitored then with any bill. Not the fact a voter ID is required, but how the Govt will facilitate every citizen receiving one without jumping through hoops.
It would need a mop up process for those without the correct documentation, but who are citizens.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Depends on the type of felony. They can go before a judge and have it reinstated. Violent felonies may no get their voting rights back.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

OK you didn't see my humor.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

But why?

Why would a citizen who has paid their dues, violent felony or not, not be allowed to participate? how are they supposed to become good members of society, post conviction and sentencing, without being afforded the very basic right of voting?

These sorts of things, further criminalise people and lead them down the path of more crime.

They can go before a judge and have it reinstated.

The US already has the largest prison system and number of inmates per capita in the world and a judicial system where public defenders get 5 mins per case to review before going in front of a judge.

Also, how does a felon come up with that much money to go before a judge? He can't get a decent job cause of his record more than likely.

See what I'm getting at?

There's no reason, moral or otherwise, to keep felons from voting, if they have served their time.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Depends on the type of felony. They can go before a judge and have it reinstated. Violent felonies may no get their voting rights back.

It doesn't depend on anything, if you paid your debt to society then you should be free to enjoy all the freedoms that everyone else enjoys, no if ands or butts.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Oh my. Another buzzword.

Great job parroting CNN and NBC, by the way. Stand up job.

First off, I'm going to assume you've never seen or heard of the 1938 play or 1944 film "Gaslight." Great play -- and strangely enough, also where the term "gaslighting" comes from. In both versions, the antagonist attempts to make our protagonist think that she is INSANE, by means of turning down the gaslights and acting like it never happened.

President Trump questioned the accuracy of the vote count. He did not intentionally attempt to make the nation insane via psychological means.

Do you currently feel insane? Is Donald Trump making you question your own sanity? If that's the case, maybe you should seek professional help or a safe space to go cry in, cupcake.

To OP, CNN, and NBC, please stop using words you clearly don't understand or wish to change the meaning of for the purposes of advancing your convoluted agenda.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai
I do think that some of the Trump supporters are acting a little insane.

I am sure that by repeating lies over and over have worked in the past for him to have control over so many, I also think that repeating it over and over makes him believe it himself as well.

Lots of psychological issues going on in this new white house family, it will be very interesting for sure, if we can remain alive and in control of our own internet and lives.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I turned my back on Obama, after I gave him a chance for about a year and a half to two years. I'll do the same with Trump no problem. I'm not under any type of a spell, I just wanna give the guy a chance for a year or two.

Thank you for pointing this out, I'll definitely keep it in mind. Until something terrible happens, I'm not gonna freak out about it.

Also, keep in mind, with Trump, he uses the "art of the Deal"... In other words, he's gonna act like he want's to do something extreme, so people freak out, and then they are happy when what really happens is a much less extreme version. If you want something, you have to at first ASK for much much more, then, what you will be given, will be a lot closer to Exactly what you wanted, than if you had only asked for what you wanted in the first place... if you had done that, there's a good chance that "the compromise" will be you getting maybe around half of what you wanted. You want "the compromise" to be "exactly what you wanted in the first place".

So, I'm not gonna freak out until something bad actually happens. Talk, with Trump, is cheap. I wouldn't worry much about what he says.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Gas it up Mr.Trump, gas it up until these liberals burst into flames!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Should, could nothing. If you want laws changed, then work toward changing them

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

If you think the Trump supporters are acting insane, have you seen those who oppose him? I don't believe I've seen Donald Trump supporters smash up Larry King's SUV, set fire to limousines, or assault disabled children.

I may be mistaken, though.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai

I saw with my own eyes Don himself make fun of a disabled person.

I don't have time to compile all of the hate and destruction trumpets have done if you want to play that game.

I am certain its way more than the left, however, both sides have bad apples (one more than the other obviously) so I am ok just calling it a wash.

You can beat those 4 instances over our .s all you want...we have bigger sticks if you want to actually go down that road.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Are you going to provide a reason for why you think felons should be afforded the right to vote, after they've served their sentence?

Or is just a morality thing for you?

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: thesaneone

Should, could nothing. If you want laws changed, then work toward changing them

Then we should just get rid of sentencing and go straight to the chair??

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join