It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges "major investigation into voter fraud"

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Uh huh. It's happening all over.

Trump Advisers, Daughter Registered to Vote in 2 States

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (VIVIAN SALAMA)
January 26, 2017, 4:23 PM CST January 26, 2017, 4:33 PM CST

Washington (AP) -- President Donald Trump's sweeping preview of his plans to investigate voter fraud in the United States includes those registered in more than one state.

A number of people closest to the president fall into that category, including his Treasury Secretary nominee, Steve Mnuchin, Trump's son-in-law and close adviser, Jared Kushner, as well as his younger daughter, Tiffany Trump.

The president tweeted on Wednesday that he will be asking for a "major investigation" into voter fraud, "including those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal and even, those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time)," he said.

"Depending on results, we will strengthen up voting procedures!"

edit on 27/1/17 by soficrow because: format

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I wonder what the reason is. If they moved, then re-registered in their new state, I suppose I understand and don't see that as nefarious, per se. I don't think it would occur to me to cancel my voter registration in one state if I moved to another unless I was instructed to do so.

I have this dreaded feeling that the states are going to lose their authority over voter registration in all of this and it will be put in the federal government's hands.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

That's probably the tip of the iceberg, too. We need a complete purge of double registration and a system in place to disallow registration unless the applicant signs to have all prior registrations cancelled. Then cancel all previous registrations. Just like the DMV.

All death certificates should have to be reported to a central database that cancels all entitlements and registrations as well.

There's two common-sense, easily-implemented solutions that would fix a substantial amount of potential problems. The only drawback? It would require identification in the polls, like a social security number.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I wonder what the reason is. If they moved, then re-registered in their new state, I suppose I understand and don't see that as nefarious, per se.

No doubt. And I would say the same compassionate logic should be applied to ALL such cases.

Not cherry-picked for political purpose.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thirty pages in and this discussion itself is evidence enough that an investigation into voting is required.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

I wonder what the reason is. If they moved, then re-registered in their new state, I suppose I understand and don't see that as nefarious, per se.

No doubt. And I would say the same compassionate logic should be applied to ALL such cases.

Not cherry-picked for political purpose.

I'm not cherry-picking squat for political purposes. I don't support either party and I didn't vote for Trump.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I didn't mean that YOU are cherry-picking - just sayin' the authorities should not cherry-pick for political purpose.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow

I didn't mean that YOU are cherry-picking - just sayin' the authorities should not cherry-pick for political purpose.

They have not cherry picked. They have not differentiated beyond a general point of voters registered in more than one state.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What you are failing to realize, though, is that political corruption has become so prevalent in the US that we have come to expect it as a matter of course. It's sad, and probably difficult for other cultures to understand, but it is true.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
There is another angle to the effect illegal aliens have on the election - the effect of the distribution of electoral college votes.

Of the 538, only 103 are fixed and not effected by the census (2 per state plus 3 for DC).

That leaves over 400 electoral college votes that get periodically (every 10 years) apportioned according to the census. The census includes illegal immigrants.

Just an interesting side bar to voter fraud as it's an example of how policy can be used to tilt the odds of future elections by a few electoral college votes here or there.

edit on 27/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

What you are failing to realize, though, is that political corruption has become so prevalent in the US that we have come to expect it as a matter of course. It's sad, and probably difficult for other cultures to understand, but it is true.

TheRedneck

Lol, the UK govt is about as corrupt as it can get. We were only just over the scandal of MP's being paid cold hard cash to raise questions in parliament, before we were hit with lies about WMDs, the murder of a witness (erm, I mean suicide), then a pedophelia scandal involving allegations up to and including a former prime Minister, and now we have them wriggling to try and overturn Brexit.

Still, regardless of corruption, it needed to be pointed out that the accusations relating to dual registrations singled out no particular person or even group, so the charge of cherry picking is a false one.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

No, the key issue is, how many AMERICANS marched, or attended? I don't care what anyone did in foreign countries. Including them in the estimate is meaningless. How many watched the inauguration on television, and online, too? Are they counting those??? Including any/all in foreign countries?

Plus, the real issue is, this is just another way to claim he's not legitimate, and the fact is, he IS legitimate. Duly elected, even in the face of massive fraud, and sworn in, in spite of demands for martial law, illegally ignoring the results, etc. The real issue is that the Left can't win without cheating, and didn't win this time, even with cheating, and that needs to be investigated. The more people complain about it, the more clear it is there is something to hide.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Get over it Trump. You lost the popular vote by a huge margin. The majority of the people don't want you as President. Just get over it and move on.

You get over it. We don't elect people by popular vote, in this Republic; we elect by regions, and Trump won hands down. The nation spoke, and it's done. Trump is, in fact, the president of every single American, whether they like that or not.

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

The issue in question is not if they are registered in two places, it is to find out if they VOTED in two places. You check that by auditing names that are registered in both states. It isn't a crime to be registered in two states. It is a crime to vote in both...

posted on Jan, 28 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
People forget why we have the Electoral College. It's so that the voice of the majority is not drowned out by pockets of high population.

posted on Feb, 12 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
February 12, 2017

WHAT?

""President Trump’s assertions about widespread voter fraud in the 2016 elections re-emerged this weekend, with a top Trump adviser saying Sunday the White House has provided “enormous evidence” to support claims while still producing no evidence.""

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah they say that but have as yet to provide evidence to support the claim.

It's still in exactly the same position.
He lies deary. Why do you keep believing him? Would you put up with a liar like that in a child or spouse?
I'm serious.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Par for the course. "We have evidence it's happening", "show us the evidence", "We have!", "When?", "Just now when I said we have evidence"...

Circular lies are circular.

posted on Feb, 13 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

you mean like general Flynn, trumps national security advisor, having discussions with Russia BEFORE the election, assuring Russia that sanctions will be lifted if trump wins?......you mean that type of corruption?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Looks like there are a few states that are refusing to cooperate. Fine, don't let them vote in federal elections then.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join