It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges "major investigation into voter fraud"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But how are these questions different from any investigations presidents have called for. Obama siad there wasn't a shred of wrong doing about Hillary's email business before an investigation. If the FBI had found some, should Obama have resigned,or any of the other questions you asked.

Regarding resignation, here's the question I asked to refresh your memory:

What happens if they uncover voter fraud and it seems to point toward favoring Trump and in states that he flipped? Does he resign office?

In other words, if the investigation turns up evidence that Trump won through voter fraud, should he resign? I would expect that he would not but I'm just exploring the possible outcomes. The assumption seems to be that any voter fraud would have benefitted Clinton. What if it's the reverse? Trump won some of these states by tens of thousands. PA for instance was won by a mere 44k votes.

I'm not suggesting he should resign for being wrong or even lying (within reason). Though if he wants to resign, I'm not discouraging that either!
(then again, that would mean Mike Pence in the White House so...)

What about presidents requiring investigations into police forces being racist? What about investigations into misappropriations of funds in government agencies? these investigations happen all of the time with presidents giving their opinion before the investigation, both Republican and Democrat.

Everyone admits voter fraud happens, its just the size of it in question. So why such a resistance into looking into it.

In your opinion, how much voter fraud is acceptable before we take it seriously?

Voter fraud should always be taken seriously. The response however should be proportional to the actual threat, shouldn't it? How many millions of dollars should we spend per fraudulent vote identified? Would an investment of $100 million to catch 100 fraudulent voters be worth it? How about $1 billion for 1,000?

Would you use an RPG to kill a fly? What if the fly was a hypothetical fly whose existence had been predicted by a single disputed analysis?

Why don't we have a major investigation into voter fraud for every single election just to be sure? There's no more evidence that this election was any more wrought with fraud than any other is there?

As for any other investigations called for by this or any other President — there's no hard and fast rule — I'd have to give my opinion on a case by case basis.

But we could literally ask that question of any investigation ever requested by a president.

Yes they could and arguably, they should be asked. Are all investigations equally worthy of being conducted?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Is he going to order an investigation into the Russian involvement in the elections? Or is he only going to order investigations that benefit him, or cater to his ego?

Just curious...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The guy is not mentally right and not fit to be the president. 3-5 million illegal votes where you have states that are runned by right wingers who make difficult to vote. C'mon man.

This dude is just all butt hurt because he can't come to grips that he didn't win the popular vote. Plus, he's damaging our democracy with these outburst.

Get him the F out of office. The guy is an embarrassment.

a reply to: Profusion

Are you afraid that something may be found?

I'm all for seeing how many trump votes were illegal....that would be great

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Is he going to order an investigation into the Russian involvement in the elections? Or is he only going to order investigations that benefit him, or cater to his ego?

Just curious...

That has already been investigated - Obama ordered it in his last month and the results came back.
There is also an ongoing investigation into Trump's campaign and any contact with the Kremiln.
There was also a specific investigation into General Flynn, which turned up nothing.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
The guy is not mentally right and not fit to be the president. 3-5 million illegal votes where you have states that are runned by right wingers who make difficult to vote. C'mon man.

This dude is just all butt hurt because he can't come to grips that he didn't win the popular vote. Plus, he's damaging our democracy with these outburst.

Get him the F out of office. The guy is an embarrassment.

a reply to: Profusion

Are you afraid that something may be found?

I'm all for seeing how many trump votes were illegal....that would be great

That is the thing - we don't know.
Good for Democrats if it turns out Republicans have been cheating.
Let the investigation commence!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Just curious...

There's an ongoing investigation into those allegations already.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Why else would you bring in illegal immigrants other than to use them to vote multiple times in situations where that maybe possible cause of lax rules and laws? Also these people come from places where this kind of behavior maybe the norm in some sense, just business as usual for them.

The Truth About America's Survival | Demographics and the 2016 Election

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

On what if it shows fraud for Trump;

Well my answer would be I would want to know that too. Now I am skeptical that Trump would gleefully report those findings to us!

Should he resign, probably not. He should report exactly what happened, and put in measure to make sure that it couldn't happen again, starting in 2018. I would not be opposed to holding a new election in 2018 if it is proven that voter fraud turned the tide for Trump.

However, remember they already looked into states like Michigan and Wisconsin that were closest, and Trumps lead increased. So I would think that outcome to be highly unlikely.

On how much should we invest on a minor issue;

Well we never had had a national investigation, and I think having one every so often wouldn't be a bad thing. We know at the very least that the voter rolls are at least severely inaccurate. Much as we need to beef up our cyber security BEFORE our machines are hacked or a national security is extremely damaged, we should investigate this before it is exploited, even if it already hasn't.

And we spent tons of money litigating how voter ID disenfranchised voters, so why not investigate the other side of the equation? How much fraud is going on. If its proven to be a very small amount, progressives should welcome this as it would be used to argue against voter id.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sad_eyed_lady

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: Annee

I see it as protecting the weight of the votes cast by millions of eligible voters. Watering down votes with illegal votes is disenfranchisement, too.

People who cast fraudulent votes are worse than witches and deserve to be sniffed out.

I think its a waste of time and money - - because I don't think the numbers are there.

Maybe work to improve the system, but not waste time on an election that's over.

It's not about wasting time or $ on an election that is over. It is about fixing a system that has been broken for years. It's about the future elections.

I watched Trump rallies with 20,000 and Clinton rallies that didn't fill a high school gymnasium floor. Yet, I knew Trump needed a miracle because of widespread voter fraud that has been going on for years.

Prove this widespread voter fraud. You can't because it hasn't happened.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

The new president said the inquiry would include "those registered to vote in two states, those who are illegal".

Mr Trump also said the probe would focus on "those registered to vote who are dead (and many for a long time)".

He has alleged that up to five million illegal votes were cast for Hillary Clinton, but has offered no evidence.

SOURCE

If Trump is right about his claims concerning voter fraud, we could be looking at a situation where the Democrats may have no chance of winning a presidential election for a while. That would be a 100% reversal compared with how many thought the electoral college favored the Democrats, and a Republican may never be elected POTUS again. I was one of those people before the last presidential election.

Every Republican should get behind Trump in his investigation into voter fraud. Voter fraud only seems to favor the Democrats after all.

Any predictions as to where this investigation will lead? I believe it could be earth-shattering.

Trump is a maggot but I'm all for an investigation.
Believe me

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

I see it as protecting the weight of the votes cast by millions of eligible voters. Watering down votes with illegal votes is disenfranchisement, too.

People who cast fraudulent votes are worse than witches and deserve to be sniffed out.

I think its a waste of time and money - - because I don't think the numbers are there.

Maybe work to improve the system, but not waste time on an election that's over.

It's not about wasting time or $ on an election that is over. It is about fixing a system that has been broken for years. It's about the future elections.

I watched Trump rallies with 20,000 and Clinton rallies that didn't fill a high school gymnasium floor. Yet, I knew Trump needed a miracle because of widespread voter fraud that has been going on for years.

If only there was some way to get to the bottom of this?

Perhaps someone should have....

an investigation?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: buster2010

If only there was some way to get to the bottom of this?

Perhaps someone should have....

an investigation?

Blimey, what a great idea!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Amazing, isn' it?

How did we end up in a place where people are against ensuring the integrity of our elections?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Maybe it's only me, but... it does seem to be only the POTUS who's all agitated about voter fraud.

Suddenly.

Could it be that, indeed, under HIS impulsion, we discover
that he was TOTALLY voted in with the aid of targeted, pre-selected vote tampering ?

Maybe he's aware, is making hay before we see the Trumpcopter arrive in the Rose Garden

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

The only good reason for being opposed to an investigation into alleged voter fraud is if you're afraid of what might be discovered in that investigation.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
I wonder at what point in this investigation Trump will bring up the fact that Steve Bannon is registered to vote in New York and Florida.

I don't think it is against the law to register in more than one state, but it is definitely against the law to vote in more than one state.

I would say, if Bannon voted in both states, Donald would say..."You're fired!"

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I'LL BET YOU
1 coffee
that if it's proven
(that Stevey voted twice, in two places)
and undeniably so....

That POTUS will not fire Steve B.
NOT GONNA HAPPENIN (tm)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
a reply to: queenofswords

I'LL BET YOU
1 coffee
that if it's proven
(that Stevey voted twice, in two places)
and undeniably so....

That POTUS will not fire Steve B.
NOT GONNA HAPPENIN (tm)

I'll take that bet.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: loam

The only good reason for being opposed to an investigation into alleged voter fraud is if you're afraid of what might be discovered in that investigation.

Its a waste of tax payers money. The election is over.

If money is to be spent, then it should be spent on closing loop holes.

Not a rehash because Trump's all butt hurt not winning the popular vote.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You just think it's because he's butt hurt. There are many more that think there were illegals not only being allowed to vote but being encouraged to vote. It's a felony subject to deportation and/or prison.

If election officials and monitors were allowing illegals to enter the voting booths and vote, they should be prosecuted, too.

I think it is money well spent and so do many many others.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join