It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges "major investigation into voter fraud"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This is great news.

Hopefully it leads to ID being required to vote.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It would just show how the majority of voter fraud was performed by democrats and expose an organized effort to undermine the democratic process by doing so. No wonder it's been ignored because it benefits their own candidate.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
He's going to find what everyone else who's ever tried in vain to find proof has found -- diddly s#. And we're stuck paying this stupid tab.

I'd go so far as to even bet he'd claim he's right anyway, blather about numbers and refuse to prove it publicly, insist there needs to be a clampdown, and you won't need the hard numbers to see yourself.

Mark my words.

I can see that happening too, and the usual suspects on ATS will accept it willingly while demeaning anyone who raises any suspicions about it.
edit on 25-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Profusion

Well there was the quietly done "crosscheck" that purged voters off the rolls...done by Reps with the amazing outcome of reducing the number of minority voters. And then there are suppression tactics and gerrymandering...do you think any of that will be investigated.

A massive investigation into illegals voting in the election? I don't trust this man. He lies. So why not lie about the results of his investigations too?

Sigh.

So you don't trust him, therefore any investigation is bad?
Does that mean he can't do any investigations ever because everyone in his administration is going to lie to you?
Have you ever believed any govt. investigation result? Any that Obama carried out, for example the investigation into Russian hacks he ordered?

Trump believes there is voter fraud on a large scale based on the study in 2014. Harvard disagreed with that study. There are conflicting views.
What possible complaint could there be for him launching an investigation?
He's called the media and the Democrat's bluff.
edit on 25/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Democrats don't want this done because they will never win office again.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Democrats don't want this done because they will never win office again.

Years of flooding the country with illegals to boost voting numbers is at risk for them.

Trump could be about to walk back their grand strategy

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
It's about time someone looked into the voting irregularities in states which harbour a large number of illegal immigrants. California has particularly lax voting requirements and the largest population of illegals. hmm....

Bring in some Nationwide voter ID as well. That way this won't be as much as an issue in the future.

Absolutely! We need I.D. for lottery, beer, cigarettes, even spray paint!, fishing license etc. But when it comes to one of the most important things we can do as a citizen, vote....no need to at least prove that we are a legal citizen? I mean especially KNOWING that there is millions of illegals in the country and many of them just might be trying to vote!

To not investigate and take appropriate measures to prevent voter fraud would be irresponsible and a major disservice to the rightful voting citizens of the United States.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

No offense but, that's like me being worried about calling in a noise complaint because my drug dealing neighbor might get arrested for selling coke next door.

If you're afraid to vote because you're afraid your neighbors, friends, or family members breaking the law might get in trouble that makes you technically complicit in helping them break the law. Intimidation my ass. The only one doing wrong in this equation is the ones trying to protect the people breaking the law.

It's called harboring a fugitive. I understand these are family members in many cases and friends, but it's still illegal. Fortunately unlike violent criminals no one will get harmed or in any major legal trouble in this case for harboring them. So once again, intimidation my ass. The only reason to be intimidated is because you and your family and friends are doing wrong by the law, you know it, and don't want to risk facing the consequences of breaking that law.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

We need I.D. for lottery, beer, cigarettes, even spray paint!, fishing license etc.

So you don't know the difference between a right and a privilege.

I mean especially KNOWING that there is millions of illegals in the country and many of them just might be trying to vote!

Sure they are and Donnie will prove that right after he releases those tax returns.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Just seems weird to me that now that he's in and attained the position of POTUS Trumps willing to pick at that particular scab.

Because lets face it when one side is at it, the other side is generally at it also.

Who knows whats really transpired in the past, but dragging it all up may only serve to hurt the notion of Democracy.

Personally i think its all a sham anyway, but a whole lot of people place stock and live there lives laboring under the illusion that there vote actually counts for something.

They might not be to happy to find out the truth, after all ignorance is a form bliss.
edit on 25-1-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
If a sanctuary city is willing to obstruct federal law which is breaking the law. Why wouldn't they break the law in respects to voter fraud?

I find it unamerican for democrats to obstruct this investigation and to stand in the way of voter id laws.

+3 more 
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Rights apply to citizens, not non-citizens.

You should be required to prove you are a citizen at the voting booth.

The simplest way to do this is with photographic ID that practically everyone carries. If they don't have an ID for whatever reason i'm sure there could be some local program to help them get one so they can exercise their rights.

Seems pretty crazy to me you guys don't need an ID to vote.

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Alien Abduct

We need I.D. for lottery, beer, cigarettes, even spray paint!, fishing license etc.

So you don't know the difference between a right and a privilege.

I mean especially KNOWING that there is millions of illegals in the country and many of them just might be trying to vote!

Sure they are and Donnie will prove that right after he releases those tax returns.

What the hell have his tax returns got to do with stopping voter fraud?
Do illegals and dead people have the right to vote? Do people have the right to vote twice? Can you explain which rights are being revoked by this investigation?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
So libs.
If Mexicans are allowed to choose the US president why not russians?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
This is great news.

I was just discussing this exact thing earlier, here - if we are to take this situation to it's natural conclusion, particularly in light of Trump being POTUS, I would almost guarantee that formal ID will not only be required for voting, it will become mandatory to have, as a US citizen.

It's coming.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: mkultra11

Just seems weird to me that now that he's in and attained the position of POTUS Trumps willing to pick at that particular scab.

Because lets face it when one side is at it, the other side is generally at it also.

Who know whats really transpired in the past, but dragging it all up may only serve to hurt the notion of Democracy.

Personally i think its all a sham anyway, but a whole lot of people place stock and live there lives laboring under the illusion that there vote actually counts for something.

They might not be to happy to find out the truth, after all ignorance is a form bliss.

Being so afraid of the truth to the extent that you ignore is not a good thing to do.
Faith in democracy can only be enhanced by this - one way or the other.
He finds nothing significant, great...everything has been checked out and no more worries going into 2018.
He finds something... great, voting can be more closely monitored to ensure fair elections in 2018.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
This is great news.

I was just discussing this exact thing earlier, here - if we are to take this situation to it's natural conclusion, particularly in light of Trump being POTUS, I would almost guarantee that formal ID will not only be required for voting, it will become mandatory to have, as a US citizen.

It's coming.

Don't go mentioning a national ID, that's been the right's nemesis idea for years!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's so ironic to see Liberals #1 complaint of investigating voting fraud that it's a waste of tax payer money. Then the same Liberals will defend Obama doubling the nation debt during his 8 years.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If a police offer walks up to your house and makes a request, there are two ways to respond.

Police officer: "Sir, we have a report of criminal activity in this neighborhood. We'd like to check your garage."

Innocent: "Well, OK, but there's nothing there. See for yourself."

Guilty: "You can't just walk up here and search me! You're wasting your time and my tax dollars! You're violating my rights! I'll sue! I want a lawyer! Why are you picking on me? You need to be somewhere else arresting criminals! I'm innocent! Get a warrant! Get off my property!"

Looks to me like the quilty parties have already outed themselves. We'll see.

TheRedneck

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There is a reason that Democrats fight so hard against voter ID laws.
Voter ID laws make sense. There is no reason not to require proof of identification and citizenship in order to vote.

This action shows that Trump acts in the best interests of America and Americans.
Any other president who was elected would shut up, as mentioned by a few.
But winning, and then STILL wanting to verify the voter registration process, which is suspect, can only be for the good of Americans.

I wonder how many of the above complaining about this move were cheering on the recounts in states where Trump won during this election?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join