It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges "major investigation into voter fraud"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I am concerned about Russian hacks as well, just not exclusively Russian hacks. I want, and expect, a thorough investigation into every facet of voter fraud, intimidation, disenfranchisement, and coercion, from every source, both foreign and domestic.

To deny such is reasonable is to invite suspicion of wrongdoing. I have much suspicion today.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Even in Alabama, Spanish is so prevalent now in government that Mexicans can easily navigate the system. There are even employment agencies with signs in Spanish advertising themselves. How much more so is this happening in California? Much more. I have been there quite a few times.

Those of Spanish/Mexican heritage were the first Californians (after the native indigenous)

UNDER MEXICO 1822-1846 When Mexico took control of California, it became much easier to get rancho lands. The Mexican government wanted people to settle in California. There was a lot of empty land. There were just two requirements for those who wanted to apply for a land grant: (1) be a Mexican citizen (2) belong to the Catholic Church factcards.califa.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I guess wasting tax money is ok when it is conservatives partisan attacking liberals then.

The only reason you call it a waste is the illegals are likely to vote your way.

It is not a waste because as you know the country is currently very divided, and the two sides have polar opposite views on many different topics.

Accuracy of voting is very important in this environment. Now would I support spending 20 billion on this investigation to check the eligibility of every voter - No I would not. All that really has to be done is spot checking of voters, as sampling a few thousand is accurate within 1 percent or so, this should not cost more than a few million at most.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That still doesn't mean that even most illegals are interested in navigating our bureaucracy to obtain the ability to vote. I mean all you are doing is building evidence to support a pre-determined conclusion here. "Hey look, I've thought of a way that many illegals could register to vote and using these circumstances means it is true." Without the data to back up the circumstances I'm going to have to side with my reasoning.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

I guess wasting tax money is ok when it is conservatives partisan attacking liberals then.

The only reason you call it a waste is the illegals are likely to vote your way.

I've clearly explained why I call it a waste. If you choose not to believe my words, then that is on you. I could care less what partisan slant illegals vote for. I'm not even a Democrat.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Absolutely correct. Which is probably why the extra attempts to make things Spanish-navigable.

New Mexico actually uses both Spanish and English as official state languages.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I didn't post that because I think the form should only be in English. I posted it because Krazysh0t suggested that illegal immigrants that don't speak English have a language barrier when trying to register to vote.

Geez.

OK. Nothing intentional.

I'm a born/bred Californian. Straight out of Compton.

Southerners get tired of the stereotyping - - - so do I in regards to California.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, it means it bears investigating. Leaving your door wide open doesn't mean you will have been robbed when you get home, but it does mean you should check your valuables.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

That still doesn't mean that even most illegals are interested in navigating our bureaucracy to obtain the ability to vote. I mean all you are doing is building evidence to support a pre-determined conclusion here. "Hey look, I've thought of a way that many illegals could register to vote and using these circumstances means it is true." Without the data to back up the circumstances I'm going to have to side with my reasoning.

But the system (in California and elsewhere) is set up to not produce any evidence of even widespread voter fraud. At the very least, it would be nice to know if our very lax election laws are being exploited.

I don't know how they will investigate such a sloppy system, but I personally prefer they try.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Alien Abduct

We need I.D. for lottery, beer, cigarettes, even spray paint!, fishing license etc.

So you don't know the difference between a right and a privilege.

A right for citizens not illegals. Though I hear rumors some in some of these states want to legalize the right to vote for undocumented immigrants, wonder why.

e.g "Three municipal assemblies in the state of Massachusetts have introduced bills to confer foreigners the right to vote. The municipal assembly in the city of Newton introduced a bill to this effect in 2004, while Amherst and Cambridge did so in 1998.[51] However, as of February 2008, the proposals had not been approved by the state's assembly.-wiki""

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: UKTruth

3-5 million dude!
There were no 3-5 million illegally cast votes.
He's only saying investigate now because we're calling him on his outrageous claims that Hillary stole the popular vote from him.

I'm just amazed that's all.
I've never witnessed anything like this.

Take california out and he won the popular vote. California alone was enough to turn things around so much so that it gave enough votes to outdo the rest of the nation and have extras. A state with no voter id laws and lax regulations and massive population of illegals.

It's true that if California's vote totals were entirely removed from the equation then Hillary Clinton would lose her popular vote lead-snopes

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I didn't post that because I think the form should only be in English. I posted it because Krazysh0t suggested that illegal immigrants that don't speak English have a language barrier when trying to register to vote.

Geez.

OK. Nothing intentional.

Southerners get tired of the stereotyping - - - so do I in regards to California.

I get tired of being stereotyped as a Trump supporter just because I don't support the Democrats. I am actually very left when it comes to social issues.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What amazes me is the fact that many of the same people that are admitting that voter fraud occurs but it is not a big deal are the same ones that would be against voter ID because it will make some minorities not able to vote.

So a law that would make one minority not be able to vote must be rejected without question as racist, but we can only look into voter fraud once it is obvious that millions are abusing the system.

Seems like an odd contradiction.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Exactly. It seems that California's election system is purposely designed to prevent accurate investigations.

I am as disturbed by the fact that election officials and government officials may be complicit in not only allowing but encouraging illegal voting.

If any of that is found, loud voices should be raised that these people be prosecuted and sentenced, right along with the illegals that actually cast a vote in our federal election.

ETA: That includes Jerry Brown himself.

edit on 25-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
An investigation would be a good start, but there needs to be some teeth to it. Like say maybe a couple of members of the GOP introducing a constitutional amendment that suspends any state's Congressional representation if their voting laws are conducive to voter fraud and voting fraud by foreign nationals, no matter what the scale, can be proven. Every state ( including California) would tighten their laws up overnight if this passed.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Geez.

OK. Nothing intentional.

I get tired of being stereotyped as a Trump supporter just because I don't support the Democrats. I am actually very left when it comes to social issues.

I've only been registered as a Republican and non-affiliated.

I'm also a Social Liberal - - but Fiscal Conservative. I support Hand-Ups - - but, not Hand-Outs.

I'm in line with Bill Gates - - "Meet me half way". If you're willing to do your part, I will be there to help you.

"That Which is Not Earned Has No Value"

Believe me, you're not the only one who gets mislabeled.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Normally maybe, but tell me honestly, do you deny that Trump being elected was likely to be perceived as a threat to many illegals? Do you deny that as a result of Trumps rhetoric, that likely more took the risk than might normally do so out of fear of what Trump might do once elected? No presidential candidate has been more vocally anti-illegal immigration than Trump has been. Clearly it had at least some effect on how many illegals would risk voting illegally which we both agree does happen to at least some degree.

If you're willing to indulge considering the effect Russians may have had on influencing the electorate to vote for Trump, than why are you unwilling to indulge an investigation into the possible influence Trump's rhetoric might have had on illegals being willing to risk voting illegally to prevent his election, and the possible of people preying upon those fears to encourage them to do so?

Both things involve making suppositions based upon plausible human reactions to an outside stimuli to influence their actions in a way which results in effecting the vote.

edit on 1/25/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yea. What a waste of money. I mean, who cares whos running our country whether falsely or legitimately right?

pft. FOH.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The HAVA is the real culprit, and it's the federal law. It mandates that the states must register voters who don't provide a DL# and/or a SS#. Registrants that provide neither just get assigned a Voter ID number.

Then under the HAVV, there is no alternative method to verify voters who do not provide either number -- that's left to the states and I have yet to find one that does anything beyond verifying DL#s and SS#s.

That's the biggest loophole, IMO.
edit on 25-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Exactly. It seems that California's election system is purposely designed to prevent accurate investigations.

Facts. How?

Spanish/Mexicans are the original (non-native) citizens of California.

You gonna use profiling?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You and me both. Actually I'm very left on many economic issues too, but in order for any of them to work we need to do a much better job removing corruption from government first.
edit on 1/25/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join