It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges "major investigation into voter fraud"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Meh. Regardless, it is still circumstantial evidence and doesn't prove anything one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, hence the investigation.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: marg6043
California is in hot waters and I am sure they most be shredding all kind of incriminatory paperwork and erasing computers hard drives as we speak.

How big might this problem be? Statistics coming from the California Secretary of State put the number of eligible voters at about 64% of the total population. Applying this to the 2.6 million illegal immigrant population means that almost 1.7 million illegal immigrants could easily avail themselves of California polls during a national election.

So they know they have a problem but because they have taken upon themselves to be a safe haven state, in order to keep their Democrats hold in power they pander to illegals in any way or form.

Report Date Eligible Voters Registered Registration Close *
Oct. 20, 2008 23,208,710 17,304,091 15-day Close +1,132,317 in 45 days
Oct. 18, 2004 22,075,036 16,557,273 15-day Close + 931,493 in 45 days
Oct. 10, 2000 21,461,275 15,707,307 29-day Close + 633,329 in 30 days

*Assembly Bill 1094 (Chapter 899, Statutes of 2000) changed the voter registration deadline from a 29-day close to a 15-day close.sacred right to vote

In general, while total voter registration from 2,000 to 2008 remained about level, there is a steady increase in late voter registration over the same period. Late voter registration shows the potential for immigrants, who are here perhaps a shorter time than others, to be recruited to vote in a national election. Every time an illegal vote is cast, the sacred right to vote is stolen from a law abiding citizen.

So it seems that is sources pointing out at how the voter registration increases only during the time of elections, meaning and insinuating that illegals comes across the border on election year just to cast their vote

Trump is going to have a field day with California.

theminutemenmedia.com...

I think you are right!

Donald Trump is not about to take this on without KNOWING his reports and proof are pretty darn credible and reliable. He wouldn't even start this if he thought it was going to prove him wrong.

I don't think he is going to be talking about it that much though. He's already the prez and his sleeves are rolled up and he is moving and shaking in all the right places!!

I am 99% sure this is one of the studies he is using.
www.judicialwatch.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
So what are the stakes here?

What happens if an investigation doesn't uncover massive voter fraud? Does he apologize to the public for repeatedly stating things that weren't true and casting doubt on the American election process?

What happens if it uncovers evidence of extremely minor levels of voter fraud? Say hundreds of cases across multiple states? With 130+ million votes, the chances seem good that they'll uncover at least *some* fraud, *somewhere* don't they? Will this be taken as a vindication of a claim of 3-5 million illegal votes?

What happens if no evidence is uncovered but he refuses to acknowledge the results of the investigation?

Who will conduct the investigation? How will it be conducted? How can they determine the impact? There's no way of knowing how any person voted. Will they also investigate voter suppression?

What happens if they uncover voter fraud and it seems to point toward favoring Trump and in states that he flipped? Does he resign office?

In my opinion, he forced the issue to a point where he'd have to do something as President. He couldn't make claims about millions of illegal votes and then as President not act on it without being looked at as being derelict. But he made EXTREMELY serious claims without any direct evidence. If he's proven wrong, then what? Will it result in less credibility with his supporters? I doubt it. He's been busted lying, misinforming, repeating falsehoods, etc a number of times and a small minority of Trump supporters have even batted an eyelash.

But how are these questions different from any investigations presidents have called for. Obama siad there wasn't a shred of wrong doing about Hillary's email business before an investigation. If the FBI had found some, should Obama have resigned,or any of the other questions you asked.

What about presidents requiring investigations into police forces being racist? What about investigations into misappropriations of funds in government agencies? these investigations happen all of the time with presidents giving their opinion before the investigation, both Republican and Democrat.

Everyone admits voter fraud happens, its just the size of it in question. So why such a resistance into looking into it.

In your opinion, how much voter fraud is acceptable before we take it seriously?

As far as what if the results aren't what Trump wants, I guess we will cross that bridge when we come to it. But we could literally ask that question of any investigation ever requested by a president.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Indeed.
Seems very very simple to understand, but I think fear is driving the angst of our Democrat friends. They can't even win elections as it is, never mind if they lose any illegal votes.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Profusion

I think there's a fine line between "major investigation into voter fraud" and "major movement of voter intimidation."

Latinos have reason to believe their neighborhoods and families will be targeted, and may feel threatened that if they speak out politically and vote and encourage voting, their undocumented neighbors and family members may be a risk of being arrested and deported.

should they not be arrested and deported?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: MOMof3
Why would millions of illegals vote for no reason, and chance getting caught.

Why would millions of illegals risk illegally crossing the border and getting caught?

To better their situation. The same with voting.

And besides, when we have people screaming their heads off at the thought of any investigation, and claiming that having people show any proof of citizenship is racist, and seeing that almost no on, ever is arrested for illegally voting, they feel they are in no risk for doing this.

You are right. Almost no one is ever arrested. People that stream across the border, vote, then go back home are never arrested for illegal voting.

Hopefully, that is going to change.

Remember:

Not a US Citizen?

If you are not a United States citizen and you registered to vote, you could face criminal charges, denial of immigration benefits and even deportation from the country. These possibilities get even worse if you actually voted in an election.

There are federal and state laws that prohibit people who are not eligible to vote (usually non-citizen immigrants) from registering to vote and voting. It is a federal crime for a non-citizen immigrant to vote in a federal election. If you are not a citizen, you can be prosecuted, sent to prison and deported for voting in a federal election, even if you did not know you were not allowed to vote.

So, IGNORANCE of the law is no excuse.

Now....did an election official or any other government official allow or encourage illegals to vote? That, too, is worthy of investigating. Some government officials may be going to prison. And they should.

edit on 25-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As I'm sure you're aware, the Richman et al study has been heavily criticized and the conclusions refuted by the very folks responsible for collecting the data used for the study. Have you read the rebuttal paper from Ansolabehere et al?

Most sources have a link to the abstract (and then you can fork $20 USD if you want to read it lol) but I tracked it down at harvard.edu here.
edit on 2017-1-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Generally you start an investigation when you have compelling evidence that warrants it. There is none. Claiming there is or that there is widespread fraud doesn't equate to evidence.

I subscribe to the scientific method. If there is no evidence then I default to the null hypothesis, which is skepticism. IE this claim is a load of bunk.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You register to vote by mail without providing any ID or SS#, ID#, or DL#. The instructions are on the voter registration form. You receive a Voter Notification Card in the mail, then you go vote and use the Voter Notification Card as ID.

That is not complicated in the slightest.

It is if you can't read English.

California offers voter registration forms in several languages.

Case in point:

Link

So?

California has many ethnic communities. And has had for many years.

They have their own stores, businesses, schools, ethnic festivals, etc.

Yes - - - generations of citizens speaking their ethnic language.

The United States does not have an official language.

link   

Generally you start an investigation when you have compelling evidence that warrants it. There is none. Claiming there is or that there is widespread fraud doesn't equate to evidence.

I subscribe to the scientific method. If there is no evidence then I default to the null hypothesis, which is skepticism. IE this claim is a load of bunk.

But you yourself admitted that voter fraud does happen!

What kind of mental gymnastics is this!

link   

Well, I never called you racist, but your statement certainly sounded it to me. I don't judge people... if I judge, I judge actions.

Even in Alabama, Spanish is so prevalent now in government that Mexicans can easily navigate the system. There are even employment agencies with signs in Spanish advertising themselves. How much more so is this happening in California? Much more. I have been there quite a few times.

Not to mention support groups... all that is needed is for one person to figure it out and they can communicate the info to everyone in their group. Most Mexicans do tend, in my experience, to stay to themselves a lot, probably due to the language barrier outside government.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So the argument has gone:

- Waste of cash
- It happens but it's so rare that who cares
- It's racist
- But Russians!
- Mexicans are too stupid to figure it out!!!!
- No evidence

Gee I wonder what will come next?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I didn't post that because I think the form should only be in English. I posted it because Krazysh0t suggested that illegal immigrants that don't speak English have a language barrier when trying to register to vote.

Geez.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
More butthurt from the Left in this thread.

Mmm . . . Liberal tears nourish me.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

So the argument has gone:

- Waste of cash
- It happens but it's so rare that who cares
- It's racist
- But Russians!
- Mexicans are too stupid to figure it out!!!!
- No evidence

Gee I wonder what will come next?

3 words...

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: UKTruth

As I'm sure you're aware, the Richman et al study has been heavily criticized and the conclusions refuted by the very folks responsible for collecting the data used for the study. Have you read the rebuttal paper from Ansolabehere et al?

I am aware, yes. I posted such on the other thread.
That's not the point. The data points in this paper line up with the language coming from the Trump administration and with the points you raised in your thread on this.
He's almost certainly using it.
The data collection rebuttal was used by Harvard to conclude that the number is effectively 'zero', which is of course questionable (that conclusion is a possible outcome, but in fact it can go the other way too). As I am sure you are aware, partisan politics is such that we can not take one side of the argument with enough confidence.

Either trump has not seen the rebuttal, or has, and has decided to go with the data in this report.
Conflicting views do in fact warrant an investigation on something this important.

edit on 25/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But you yourself admitted that voter fraud does happen!

What kind of mental gymnastics is this!

Yes, but not to the point that it should be a national investigation. There are also cases of shop lifting around the country, but we don't need a national investigation into it to determine its ubiquity because there is NO evidence to suggest it is a widespread problem.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Seen from outside (I'm French) all I can say is that it's sad to see our US friends so divided after this election.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I wonder how many of the above complaining about this move were cheering on the recounts in states where Trump won during this election?

Well said. They didn't seem to have a problem spending tax dollars on that did they?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join