It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump pledges "major investigation into voter fraud"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I believe it is much less a waste of taxpayer money than the Russian thing (although I also think this investigation should include that as well). I think this because the Russian hack allegations are completely partisan (only the DNC was hacked, not the US) and because the Russian hacks, if proven, did not directly affect results, only possibly opinions.

If there is voter fraud, it affects the country instead of a party and directly rather than via leaked data of wrongdoing to the public.

Sorry for the mud. I got a little on my typing hand and was trying to shake it off.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So you are assuming that 3 million illegal Mexicans all know how to navigate the complexities of California's bureaucracy to do this? Question, did YOU know this loophole before some reporter or you actually navigated the red tape to figure it out? What makes you think that Mexicans of the illegal variety are this informed?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Do they record what form of verification was used? If so, simply backtrack those that used only voter registration card with no other ID.
edit on 1/25/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grambler

It matters in that we still exist in this country in very large numbers and our political ideology isn't "dying" like conservatives like to wax about. Which was why I said that.

Plus, it's not like you guys care about hard numbers. The best sampling we have, the popular vote, you guys are currently calling illegitimate thanks to 3 million illegals voting in it with zero evidence of this claim and all polls and stats I post on the matter get laughed off the thread as "Soros funded". So what should I post that will satisfy you of my claim that liberals still exist in very large numbers in this country?

It's not just the fact that The Brennan Centre for Justice is funded by Soros, or that Michael Waldman (the person's statement you linked to) and the president of the Centre, used to work for Bill Clinton. It's also because his study used voter fraud instances referred for prosecution as the basis for his conclusion.
edit on 25/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

link   
I thought RUSSIAN HACKING was the big story of the year. The MSM is now saying that voter fraud is, LOL. Idiots.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

It's not complex.

I figured it out myself -- and it didn't take long, at all.

Are you saying Mexicans are stupid?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Now who's the one calling Mexicans stupid?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Do they record what form of verification was used?

I don't have that answer.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Alright. Fair enough. Mud IS sticky.

Here's the thing with this investigation. It is assuming guilt before evidence. There is no clear evidence (outside of extreme circumstantial evidence) that could paint a story of massive voter fraud like this. PLUS, Trump is assuming that they all voted for Hillary. Granted, them voting for Trump is a stretch, but you never know what motivates someone. But there was also Jill Stein and Gary Johnson running.

So with this said, doesn't that paint a VERY likely outcome that if the results don't come back as Trump expects them to that he'll deny they are accurate? What if he calls for another investigation and another and another until he gets the results he wants? Everything about this investigation SCREAMS partisan attack and I find that to be a waste of tax money.

PLUS. The whole thing is useless since Trump won the vote that mattered. The electoral college. He's the President. So this is clearly just him being petty about losing the popular vote and not being able to let it go.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What makes you think that Mexicans of the illegal variety are this informed?

Wait, wait... "Mexicans of the illegal variety?" There are illegal Mexicans? And they're not smart?

Wow, I though Trump was the one that supposedly was racist against Mexicans...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You are so right.

Only an idiot partisan bootlicker would think that illegals didn't come out in droves to vote against Trump.... with one of the main issues in this past election being illegal immigration and our porous border needing The Wall to be built, you know they did....they absolutely did!

They came out by the thousands, I'm sure, not only allowed to do so, but encouraged to do so.

Those that say there was no "evidence" have no clue what was presented to the administration. In order to get evidence, you have to have an investigation. Trump said he received reports. If so, and I have no reason to doubt him, then let's investigate.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Illegals can't vote no matter what people say.

Who Can Vote?
You can vote in U.S. elections if you:

Are a U.S. citizen
Meet your state’s residency requirements
You can be homeless and still meet these requirements.
Are 18 years old on or before Election Day
You can register to vote before you turn 18 if you will be 18 by Election Day. Check your state’s registration age requirements.
Register to vote by your state’s voter registration deadline
The one exception is for residents of North Dakota, which doesn’t have voter registration.

Who CAN’T Vote?
Non-citizens, including permanent legal residents
For President in the general election: U.S. citizens residing in U.S. territories
Some people with felony convictions. Rules vary by state. Check with your state elections office about the laws in your state.
Some people who are mentally incapacitated. Rules vary by state.

Simple enough take the votes ted to illegals out.

From

Voting Rights

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

It matters in that we still exist in this country in very large numbers and our political ideology isn't "dying" like conservatives like to wax about. Which was why I said that.

Plus, it's not like you guys care about hard numbers. The best sampling we have, the popular vote, you guys are currently calling illegitimate thanks to 3 million illegals voting in it with zero evidence of this claim and all polls and stats I post on the matter get laughed off the thread as "Soros funded". So what should I post that will satisfy you of my claim that liberals still exist in very large numbers in this country?

First I have no idea how many illegals voted. I know Trump exaggerates, I have no reason to believe his claim of 3 million people. If you saw some of my posts yesterday, I said I wanted to see where he was getting his facts, and thought that it was ridiculous if he believed this that he wasn't investigating it. Now he is investigating it.

I do think there are illegals that vote, as you admit to too. So even if Trump is blowing it way out of proportion, I think that an investigation is worth having even if only 1000 people voted illegally.

As far as the size of liberals, I am just pointing out the hypocrisy of the crowd size argument.

Obviously there are a lot of liberals left. The argument is the super progressive identity politics pushing version of the Democrats are losing support rapidly. This is a good thing.

I want there to be a strong liberabl party. I am for many liberal things; ending the war on drugs, gay marriage, etc. The point is the democrats focused so much of idenity politics that true liberal messages were exchanged with attacking and censoring anyone who didn't agree with them.

By the way, the Republican party sucked too. Trump was a response to conservatives being fed up to being lied to by the Republicans. Even if you hate him, hopefully his election can help remind the Democrats of what they are supposed to be, but it appears that they are doubling down on identity politics.

If they do, they will lose over and over again. It turns out calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist doesn't exactly entice them to vote for you.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

It's not complex.

I figured it out myself -- and it didn't take long, at all.

Are you saying Mexicans are stupid?

I'm saying that illegal Mexicans largely don't speak English let alone read it, and figuring out the LEGAL bureaucracy you have to obey while not understanding the language is hard enough, let alone loopholes like that. Just because it is easy for YOU, an American with easy access to the internet, good schooling, and internet proficiency, to find this loophole doesn't mean that it is that easy or obvious to these people who likely don't even own a computer.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

No one cares about my opinions anymore anyways.

Touche! And you finally realize this after how many months?!?!?!?? LMFAO

That being said, nothing is a waste of money like Obama's hand over of $1.5B to Iran along with $400M hard cash to Iran. So don't be bitching this inquiry is a waste of money. At the end of the day the money stays in America and not some ME country.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: Puppylove

You first fellow keyboard warrior.

Why? I could care less about this investigation and stated it was a waste of tax money from the beginning. I don't care about expanding its scope.

So if you couldn't care less, just wait for the results.
Then you will know one way or the other.

There is no tax payer money being 'wasted' as this is a genuine issue that citizens care about.

No. It is an issue that Trump cares about, so his supporters care about it.

The point is that his supporters care about it. Millions of them. They have a voice too you know.
www.politico.com...

There is no evidence that they care about this just because Trump does, only evidence that they care.

edit on 25/1/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

The thing is, if the results come back that there is no fraud, or negligent fraud, if Trump then starts disputing his own investigation I will call him out myself. I want an investigation and have for many years... I believe since 2000, if memory serves. Expand it to include foreign governments. Expand it to include gerrymandering. I'm good with that. Just check it!

Let the chips fall where they may. The Republicans are scared witless(er) as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

So you are assuming that 3 million illegal Mexicans all know how to navigate the complexities of California's bureaucracy to do this? Question, did YOU know this loophole before some reporter or you actually navigated the red tape to figure it out? What makes you think that Mexicans of the illegal variety are this informed?

How complex is it really?

As far as I know, in California you are automatically registered to vote, when you got a drivers licence - no matter what your status in the country is. That means that as an illegal, you can be registered to vote without even trying.

You are halfway to the voting booth before you even have the chance to get acquainted with Californian bureaucracy.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So that makes it all right to tax and spend for Trump and the republicans. Revenge on the American people so to speak.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

You register to vote by mail without providing any ID or SS#, ID#, or DL#. The instructions are on the voter registration form. You receive a Voter Notification Card in the mail, then you go vote and use the Voter Notification Card as ID.

That is not complicated in the slightest.

edit on 25-1-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join