It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A round of applause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I know this story doesn't necessarily fit on a conspiracy site but with all the negative news going on in the world I wanted to take a moment to share a story of a family who deserve a round of applause.

Car Stolen in Chicago With 10-Year-Old Boy Sitting Inside

A 10-year-old Chicago boy is home safely after going on a joy ride of sorts that he'll never forget. The drama unfolded Sunday morning when Richard Rodriguez's family car was stolen -- while he was seated inside the vehicle outside his house, while waiting for his mother and baby sister.

The ten year old was taken on a joy ride by teenagers. At one point they told him to get out of the car.

He said the accomplice, another teenager, got into the vehicle and told him to get out, leaving him alone and stranded in an alley. Thankfully, a good Samaritan found him and notified his parents.

Absolutely the best part of the story in today's self centered, materialistic world was the parents response to the law enforcement's assurances that they would do everything they could to get their car back.

Chicago police are investigating the matter and working to recover the vehicle, but the parents said they are not too concerned about the car's whereabouts. "Right now my kid is important, he saved my kid. Not important, my car," Elias Rodriguez said.

A lot of people in today's world would be at least as worried about their car as their kid if not more so, which is very sad. It just goes to there is some hope for humanity after all.

Car Stolen in Chicago With 10-Year-Old Boy Sitting Inside

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

A lot of people in today's world would be at least as worried about their car as their kid if not more so, which is very sad.

No.
No they would not.

I know a lot people like America-bashing, but no, sorry, not even in America.

You are definitely not a parent.

edit on 25-1-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

He said the accomplice, another teenager, got into the vehicle and told him to get out, leaving him alone and stranded in an alley. Thankfully, a good Samaritan found him and notified his parents.

You don't just dump a 10 year old kid out on the street.
Wonder how those "joyriders" are going to feel about kidnapping and child endangerment charges if [ hopefully WHEN ] they're caught?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I agree... most parents anywhere would be primarely concerned with their child. Those who think otherwise don't have children yet or never have. Oops the quote I was replying to didn't pop up.. argh
edit on 25-1-2017 by Sheye because: Because I screwed up and enjoy writing small edit notes

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

A lot of people in today's world would be at least as worried about their car as their kid if not more so, which is very sad.

No.
No they would not.

Wrong! I am a parent and didn't say I felt this way but have seen too many self centered people that care nothing for the children they bring into this world.

ETA: and I am not "America bashing" just stating something I have seen and am disgusted by.
edit on 1/25/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

Also after rereading mo post I wonder where you got "America bashing' from? I never mentioned a country.
edit on 1/25/2017 by brutus61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I did not mean to imply that you were America-bashing, but rather that a lot of people would automatically go:"yeah, that would be typical American to care less about you child being taken than by your car being stolen." Which it is not.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

No.
No they would not.

I'll go with: by "a lot of people in today's world", OP meant like 60-70 people. That's a lot to have in my living room, but a really small percentage of car owners.

Stupid car jackers and stupid parents. At least they've learned their lesson now.

new topics

top topics

join