It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

But what happens to Australia?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The USA needs to be harsh on "allies" that leech off it. But countrys like Australia that have spilt blood along side American troops should not be discarded.

Here's the problem, though. Who's actually disrespecting Australia here? The United States who has not expressed any indication that we plan on directly impacting Australia in any way, or China who is suddenly hiding behind Australia in an economic game of Operation Human Shield? "Don't play hardball with China because they are an ally's primary trading partner" isn't beneficial to the USA in any way.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions, trade agreements included. I'd rather not see my country continue along that fast track to the lake of fire, myself.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

but it sure as heck does not have the right to plunder other nation's economies by flooding them with poorly made goods at ridiculously cheap prices to kill of local manufacturing.

You are so damn wrong it is not funny any more!

It is your multinational companies who order the poorly made goods so they can rake in the profits. You are the cause of your own downfall.

China has about 260 nukes, the USA 6,800.

That is 260 missiles with perhaps 10 warheads each. More than enough to completely destroy the North American Continent.

The US has enough to destroy the entire world 6 times over. The reason you have so many is simply so the big corporations can rake in more and more profits.

P

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: markosity1973

but it sure as heck does not have the right to plunder other nation's economies by flooding them with poorly made goods at ridiculously cheap prices to kill of local manufacturing.

You are so damn wrong it is not funny any more!

It is your multinational companies who order the poorly made goods so they can rake in the profits. You are the cause of your own downfall.

The current way capitalism works is that it's a race to get to market any product at the cheapest price with the highest % of margin above cost price possible.

China beats us all in three ways;

1) Very low labour costs The average wage in China has skyrocketed to...... $11,912 AUD per year. or $9016 USD for you Americans. Clearly we cannot hop to compete on that level alone

2) Cheap and often nasty manufacturing processes. There are very few health and safety laws and very little regard for the environmental effects of manufacturing. Pile on top of this using inferior quality raw materials and you end up with a product of lower quality that made in the West, but again much cheaper.

3) No regard for copyright laws. There is minimal investment in R & D in China. Whenever they want to make something new, they just copy an existing design , put some glitter on it and call it something new.

I work in retail and I know exactly why China is winning. And the corporations are only partly to blame - I see private label product (home brand) come through my store all the time that is exactly the same as name branded product. Our buyers simply go to the trade fairs in China and order the same lines in different colours, fabrics and dimensions to ensure no copyrights are infringed. Something that would be impossible if the goods were made locally.

So no, it's not all the big corps fault. Manufacturing has gotten so competitive and price driven that it is impossible for local players to compete.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join