It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service agent suggests she wouldn't take bullet for Trump, reports say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ok, Surely no one will condone or agree with this no matter what your political affiliation. 'partisanship' or personal 'beliefs' should not influence your duties and responsibilities if you are a service member, military, police, secret service etc...
what does she really expect will happen to her. no mentalist would rally behind this, this is dangerous territory. i hope she's just 1 of 1 and there arent more secretly sharing the same sentiments toward the president...

would secret service members abide by the UCMJ? a few articles could land her in deep doo doo.

A series of Facebook posts by Kerry O'Grady, a Secret Service special agent, were reportedly written in October but came under the spotlight after a Washington Examiner article on Tuesday. The post states: "As a public servant for nearly 23 years, I struggle not to violate the Hatch Act. So I keep quiet and skirt the median. To do otherwise can be a criminal offense for those in my position. Despite the fact that I am expected to take a bullet for both sides. But this world has changed and I have changed. And I would take jail time over a bullet or an endorsement for what I believe to be disaster to this country and the strong and amazing women and minorities who reside here. Hatch Act be damned. I am with Her."

The Hatch Act, passed in 1939, bars certain federal employees from engaging in political activity to promote fairness and nonpartisanship within the workplace. O'Grady told the Examiner in an interview that she took down the posts after two or three days and that she wouldn't shirk her duties to protect the president, despite her support of Trump's Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

link

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

join