It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brace Yourselves, Jobs are Coming!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That is why the idiots in DC are protesting with the RESIST sign.

They just want their free handouts like under Obama.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
When are the protests against new jobs starting ?

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Me too. The retrofit under the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge has my welds in it, and the bay bridge is just full of our material.
This will be good for many businesses.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

My company is Japanese owned, and employees are 99% American. They pay a fair wage. Most of my employees make about $23 an hour,4 hours OT every day, and several hundred in incentive bonuses every other week. The top brass is well paid but they are not millionairs, nor anywhere close to it

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Yeah, 9 trillion added to the debt by your boy

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha
I do not beleive Drumpf is going to make Americans want to work.

This is basically what I was implying.

Americans aren't going to want to work. Before, we--meaning myself as well--we used to complain there were no jobs and we rested on that defeated attitude.

Even if that excuse doesn't exist anymore, people still won't want the work when/ if it becomes available.

Trump can't fix America. Americans can fix America with Trump's help.

edit on 25-1-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My example used the gas field, but my response had nothing to do with wages in the gas field. I was responding the statement that infers the "new generation" is lazy and disinterested in manual labor jobs because of bugs and the cold. They're not. They're just as tough as my generation, my father's generation, my grandfather's generation, and on and on.

originally posted by: rickymouse But they will have a hard time finding people to fill those jobs if Trump kicks out all the illegal immigrants. The new generation wants to sit behind a compuiter monitor or go to college to get a job where they don't have to do manual labor. It's cold outside there. There are bugs too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: EightAhoy
I never truly understood why we needed to bring foreign workers while we were losing good pay jobs for college graduates.

Because our public education system is not preparing students for rigorous college academic degree tracks needed in the 21st Century workforce. High school guidance counselors weren't talking STEM degrees until the past few years.

The focus in K-12 needs to immediately shift to more rigorous curricula and graduation requirements so future generations are qualified to pursue STEM degrees.

There have been no changes to the H1B Quota Cap since 2004: March 5, 2016. In 2004, H1 visa caps for undergraduate degrees reverted to 65K (down from the 195K spike permitted during the Clinton presidency) with an additional 20K above 65K reserved for those with Masters and PhDs. Essentially, the cap on H1 visas has been reduced almost 54% since 2004.

Source

Frankly, if I had a redo, I'd encourage my kids to go into the trades, but that's another track that public education deprecates. I waited three weeks for an electrician for a non-emergency appointment, and two weeks for a plumber for the same. That goes into the "if I knew then what I know now" drawer of parental wisdom. But, I've seen HUD systems demonstrated that allow non-trained workers to make equipment repairs on-the-fly so I guess technology will eventually supersede some tradesmen, too.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: rickymouse

It will all depend upon how much of the money filters back into wall street and CEO's.

As indigent pointed out, it could cause a spike in the costs of goods. If it is insolvent we might as well call it Solyndra V.II

Don't worry, someone will find a cheaper way to deliver the goods.

It will be a biz friendly environment now, hopefully.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yes, hopefully. It would be a break from history to do so.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant
a reply to: Caver78

Most of corporate America has no idea that it was the unions whom they have to thank for MOST of their perks.
Carpenter's union is why we have a weekend as standard time off across the board.

Also, like you point out, lunch and vacation pay.
I won't name it all here but if anyone's interested as to why we don't work mandatory sunup-sundown, 6-7 day work weeks, look no further than organized trade.

A CEO-worker percentage mandate sounds like an extremely fair way to get salary increases in a capitalist society.

It would be very hard to hammer out the numbers but it's a great avenue to begin exploration into what to do.

EXACTLY!

About the time I was sent my packet for my proxy vote regarding a minuscule bit of stock I own and one of the largest voting items was the CEO was going from $600,000 bucks a year WITH stock options & bonuses up to $700,000 per year was when I flipped my crap.

This was the same year workers for 3 yrs in a row hadn't even gotten a cost of living wage increase and the CEO WANTED WHAT????!!!!

NO...just absolutely NO!

My vote was one tiny little no, but sent it in anyway with a piece of my mind for such shenanigans.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think something that gets forgotten or under rated is that attitudes and outlooks matter. If Trump moves business people towards a positive outlook, if they think things are going to go their way, they're more likely to invest in projects that create jobs. There are a lot of business people that are getting excited about Trump and the future outlook, that's a very good thing.

I'm a CNC Machinist and there is a drought of talent where I am at. This includes millers, welders, fabricators, grinders, burners, lathe operators and the like. That is just in this specific industry.

What's a "burner"? And millers grind flour, a mill hand bellies up to a Bridgeport or a Mazak, not a miller.

Cheers

edit on 25-1-2017 by imwilliam because: spellin

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

Sure! My company is putting on an addition as we speak in anticipation of lots of new work. Not Trump nor Obama related however.

A burner is someone who flame cuts or plasma cuts steel. en.wikipedia.org...

Miller (Mill Operator) is someone who uses a milling table and quill to take off material stock to a predetermined measurement. Can apply to wood, metal, grain etc.

If you were to put lets say a 2" Bull endmill on your Bridgeport and face off a side, that in essence is milling.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

lol . . . yeah. I also make little pieces out of big pieces at work. Just never heard someone who runs a mill referred to as a "miller" or the term "burner".

Cheers JinMi

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Hey it could be a regional thing, like Euchre. IDK.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hey it could be a regional thing, like Euchre. IDK.

That's what I was wondering.

My company is putting on an addition as we speak in anticipation of lots of new work. Not Trump nor Obama related however.

We're looking to expand too, but we're still in the research stage, not sure what direction we want to go, but stamping has been mentioned a few times. Everyone around here that I know in manufacturing seems like they're trying not to get too excited, but they can't help it. I'm seeing hope, and I haven't seen that in awhile.

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What is really promising is the EO he signed that I mentioned in the OP. If that can and does translate to any/all infrastructure projects that happen during his term that is huge.

Kind of like Bush2's bailout...but ya gotta earn it!

posted on Jan, 25 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I know, we have a new generation that had not clue that American used to have one of the most strongest industrial bases in the world, that we used to have a strong middle class, my father was the only bread winner in the house, and his hard work after he came back from Korea help raise 4 children including college education and all the education he had himself came from the years he spend in the military.

Life was good, he pay off his house, he never got into credit cards and money was always available, we were not rich but money was never something we were short of for our needs.

It sounds so good just to hear someone talk like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: namelesss

I've yet to find someone to pay me to sit on a beach sucking down fruity umbrella drinks!

You just wait! *__-
It is already being tested in some places.
As automation grows, there simply are not enough jobs for all, not enough now, and less tomorrow.
So, what to do?
Everyone gets a living wage!
I have found that if people don't have to do work that they 'have' to do fo money, they will do what they Love to do, thus improving quality exponentially.
Very damned few would actually be able to just do nothing. It goes against our nature.
And those who do, so what, we take care of our 'challenged' brothers and sisters.
Those with "ethics" do, anyway...

What may be soul grinding meaningless tasks to you may provide clothes, housing and food to someone else.

Then let's provide the basics (cheap enough) so Souls need not be ground! *__-

posted on Jan, 26 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I'll wait with anticipation. Until then, hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join